When are you going to play?

+
Same here, playing Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 before February comes.

Can't wait to see my past decisions shaping my coming adventures. ^_^

I wouldn't get my hopes up
they still ahven't announced anything regarding our past decisions
and I doubt there will be consequences they want to make this game accesible to new players sadly

I wouldn't get my hopes up
they still ahven't announced anything regarding our past decisions
and I doubt there will be consequences they want to make this game accesible to new players sadly

Yeah, I'm not saying it would be easy for the devs keeping track of everything, but then again, this is CDPR.

I mean, if they can have a Temerian spy in Flotsam to forward a message to Geralt from Thaler himself, my impression is that the devs really care about the tiniest detail.

The spy quoted Thaler in such a manner that anyone playing Witcher 1 and hearing the spymaster's vocabulary is completely buying the fact that it is indeed Thaler sending you that message. The devs didn't need to do that, but they did.

I always thought it was ambitious to have that many different endings in Witcher 2, but I am counting on the devs having adressed each and every choice. Major choices that is, regarding who died and who didn't. What choices you made and didn't. Effects of minor choices would be welcome to see as well, but I would see them as a bonus.

I have no idea the angle or catering....hm, ( :whistle:)..consideration...that's the word I'm looking for...the devs would have to take into account for newcomers. I do know that I, once being new to the witcher universe, hadn't read a single book of the Witcher series when I played Witcher 1 the first time. Was I overwhelmed in a bad way? No, I was overjoyed even. Was I scared away? No, frankly I couldn't get enough of the game. Five replays is evidence of that statement. Did I feel left out of the loop? Well...yes...but in a good way. I had no idea of Geralt's past, but then again, neither did Geralt.

You see, that was effin genius of the devs to let Geralt have amnesia and tie it into the story, especially for newcomers. He regains his memories in Witcher 2, ergo he will remember everything in Witcher 3. I'm guessing everything from the books as well.

Again, I haven't read all books. Will I be discouraged by the fact that Geralt probably knows more about his past than I do? No, the devs are great at explaining and fill newcomers in, while they also flirt with players that have read all books.

Take for instance, the innkeeper in Murky Waters. He tells the tale of a witcher, sorceress and their adopted child, someone called Cirilla. No matter, I enjoyed the story nonetheless. As I replayed Witcher 1, hearing the same story, having read two books prior to second replay, I knew exactly who the story was about and that "her name was Cirilla but what does that matter?"
Oh it mattered. ^_^

So, players having read the books may indeed pick up things akin to what I picked up when replaying Witcher 1, knowing who Cirilla was. Will newcomers be discouraged because of that? No, I don't think so, as the devs seem to know what they are doing. They are luring newcomers in all the time. ^_^

Neither do I think the devs will have Geralt beginning on a clean slate, discarding and disregarding previous games just because of consideration to newcomers. It's not their way. I dare believe that anyway.

I believe in the devs and that saves from Witcher 1 and 2 will be imported. Unless I hear otherwise this is indeed what I'm expecting.
But I guess we'll all see in less than three months. :happy:

Last edited:

Guest 3702081

As soon as I can afford a new computer. By then the first patches and most of the DLC should have been released, so I'll get down to it right away.

It's 7 years old the sims 4 have bigger system requirements...

I don't have a pc, can a laptop run it, how much is it??? If it's cheap and I can run it on one of my laptops, I'll let you buy it and I'll play it!
:)

Last edited:
I don't have a pc, can a laptop run it, how much is it??? If it's cheap and I can't run it on one of my laptops, I'll let you buy it and I'll play it!
:)
The "Can I run it" thread has lots of discussion (speculation, actually, snce CDPR has said little about requirements): http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/20988-Predicted-witcher-3-system-specs-Can-I-run-it

I'm expecting machines that could: 1. Run TW2, and 2. Meet the architecture requirements: 64-bit, DirectX 11, Windows Vista/7/8/8.1 will be able to run TW3.

Anyway, to the original question, I'm going to be playing the moment I get an install finished, and have a complete game before I take up any of the DLC. I hope they do a predownload on GOG so we don't get a server overload on Day 1.

Last edited:
I hope they do a predownload on GOG so we don't get a server overload on Day 1.

The gog FAQ page claims that they will be allowing pre-downloads of TW3, so that's good.

As for the OT, I'm strongly considering getting a new laptop, since I have the budget and need one anyway - bought the laptop I'm currently using back in 2007, after TW1 had come out, so it's starting to show its age, despite my best efforts at keeping it functional. If I do buy a new one, I'll be playing the game day 1. If I don't, then probably in the summer.

How far out did they start the DL for TW2? I thought it was about a week early? They better be prepared for at least double the load this time. Probably more. I'll be a sad Witcher if I have my Vodka and Bigos ready to go and something goes awry.

Last edited:
A voice tells me to stay away from it, till it's patched and I have a new video card and monitor (purely for the experience). But I probably will be playing it the minute it's out.

I'll wait until all 16 DLCs and patches in this meantime (I'm sure that there'll be ones :) ) will comes out. I'm gonna say that again: releasing DLCs (even for free; especially additional side-quests) so close to the launch is a bad decision.

I think its only minor dlc's and for the bugs well, I played assassins creed unity on launch day so nothing can frustrate me now.

Top Bottom