when is the ps4 pro 1.6 patch coming?

+
TrishKrish;n10686571 said:
Its great to know that the inventory crash will be fixed! But a bit disappointing that its taking so long and the only release date for the patch is 'soon'. But as long as they do it right and it comes within the next 2-3 months, I'm okay with waiting.

>But as long as they do it right

As you said above, that's what matters at most - to do it right.

For making it so, that means they should be sure that this patch will not break anything else in the game.

And that means automatically, it will take some time until that happens.

As for the "soon" debate, soon can be interpreted differently.

For example, a funny explanation from Blizzard Entertainment as soon concerns. lol < read below >

"Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future.

"Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user.

"Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe.

Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Well, considering that the problem here with the inventory IS A GAMEBREAKER bug, they should do anything to get it on time. On the other hand though, they should take their time to avoid any new bugs that might prove fatal, as Mark posted earlier. The only thing that we can do is wait and 'pray' that they will release it ' as soon as' which meaning is subjective to every one.

Johnnysurf7;n10687581 said:
Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe.
Lol

Yeah, according to Blizzards beliefs...and as far as i can interpret this...

That "Maybe" should lead us to the assumption that time is infinite.

It may begun after the BIG BANG - if we believe that theory, so it has a beginning as time is related to something that's there that exists.

But it may never end. So, the Universe and everything related to that will always exist. So time will exist too.

If that's true and time is infinite, "soon" will come at the end, no matter what.

So, "soon" can come at any moment, that begins from CDPR statement about the patch and has no time limit.

So, CDPR hasn't lied about that matter. :p

:thinking:

Last edited:
I tried to get into this game many times and couldn't. I played though the first area 3 times and quit. On the fourth attempt something clicked, and TW3 is now one of my favorite games ever. I finished 100% of the trophies (and DLC) at the end of last year and have been wanting to play it again. I did what I never do, I repurchased the same game (complete edition) so that I can play through it again in HDR and get all the trophies again. Been waiting now for this patch that keeps getting teased and leaving me with blue pelotas.

Silver lining is that in waiting I ended up buying a used copy of AC: Origins and have been enjoying it. First AC game I have liked, I wouldnt of even tried it if it werent for the HDR wait.

I really don't get why this sort of information is kept in secret.

bocaprowler;n10691831 said:
I tried to get into this game many times and couldn't. I played though the first area 3 times and quit. On the fourth attempt something clicked, and TW3 is now one of my favorite games ever. I finished 100% of the trophies (and DLC) at the end of last year and have been wanting to play it again. I did what I never do, I repurchased the same game (complete edition) so that I can play through it again in HDR and get all the trophies again. Been waiting now for this patch that keeps getting teased and leaving me with blue pelotas.

Silver lining is that in waiting I ended up buying a used copy of AC: Origins and have been enjoying it. First AC game I have liked, I wouldnt of even tried it if it werent for the HDR wait.

I really don't get why this sort of information is kept in secret.
I can only assume that because this will be the LAST patch,they want to get it right.

Really wishing in the final patch they fix the Manticore armor as well in Blood and Wine, I know its an incomplete armor set they never finished but still ruins the look and its one of the most heavily requested fixes. But yeah defiantly still waiting for that HDR PS4 Pro patch

Thanks for the update, SigilFey. It's helpful to know that the problem isn't being ignored.

I wish more people understood that it's flat-out impossible to guarantee a timeline on bug fixes, and it's not reasonable to expect a company to commit to a release date when the people working on fixing bugs can't even be certain.

One point of clarification I'm hoping for: the only talk I keep seeing is for a PS4 Pro patch. I'm playing on a standard PS4. Is whatever patch currently in the works going to apply to standard PS4s, so is it solely for the PS4 Pro?

chainyan;n10714671 said:
Thanks for the update, SigilFey. It's helpful to know that the problem isn't being ignored.

I wish more people understood that it's flat-out impossible to guarantee a timeline on bug fixes, and it's not reasonable to expect a company to commit to a release date when the people working on fixing bugs can't even be certain.

One point of clarification I'm hoping for: the only talk I keep seeing is for a PS4 Pro patch. I'm playing on a standard PS4. Is whatever patch currently in the works going to apply to standard PS4s, so is it solely for the PS4 Pro?

Game fixes should go both ways, as the game is the same.

For any performance improvements that may CDPR consider to add, i don't know.

As for the HDR support, only if you have an compatible TV for that.

PS4 HDR Requirements:
  • 2K or 4K HDR capable TV that supports the HDR10 format.
  • PS4 connected with a Premium HDMI cable.
  • HDR enabled content such as a game title or streaming video service.
  • PS4 updated to system software 4.0 or later.

mark5916;n10717411 said:
As for the HDR support, only if you have an compatible TV for that.

PS4 HDR Requirements:
  • 2K or 4K HDR capable TV that supports the HDR10 format.
  • PS4 connected with a Premium HDMI cable.
  • HDR enabled content such as a game title or streaming video service.
  • PS4 updated to system software 4.0 or later.

I Got all that bro! Bring It on CDPR !

Looks like CDP doesn't care about PS4 users although there are much more PS4 users than Xbox... We will remember this.

Johnnysurf7;n10721211 said:
Xbone just got an update :(

What you mean just got an update?

The latest 1.60 patch (if i remember correctly) was released on December 2017.

Last edited:
RederOr;n10722301 said:
Looks like CDP doesn't care about PS4 users although there are much more PS4 users than Xbox... We will remember this.

That's not the proper way to deal with.

What would happen if it was otherwise?

If PS4 got the patch first and not XBOX One users.

Would you say the same? <..although there are much more PS4 users than Xbox.>

It is not fair to treat such situations like this and will not make the patch to appear faster. ;)

Actually I'm losing hope to get this patch before Xmas 2018. Finished W3 (+HoS and BaW) with lots of 'merchant crashes' what had impact on my experience. Now I'd like to to play it once again with increased difficulty but I'm waiting for patch... If there was way to permanently disable updates for W3 I'd be happy to use it as I have GOTY version (1.30 patch).

RederOr;n10722771 said:
Actually I'm losing hope to get this patch before Xmas 2018. Finished W3 (+HoS and BaW) with lots of 'merchant crashes' what had impact on my experience. Now I'd like to to play it once again with increased difficulty but I'm waiting for patch... If there was way to permanently disable updates for W3 I'd be happy to use it as I have GOTY version (1.30 patch).

There is no way to avoid the game update? It still get updated If you disable automatic updates on PS4 system configuration ?

Top Bottom