Who Was Your Favourite Character And Why? (Potential Spoilers)

+

Who was your favourite character?

• Total voters
Miss V gets my vote. Honestly, Cherami Leigh's vocal performance just does it for me, the dry humor and deadpan delivery of most of the dialogue with the added flair of sarcasm is just,,, I love it.

Panam and Judy are both tied for me in second place. Being able to ride off into the sunset with both of them on my side was goddamn satisfying.​
when I found out it was cherami leigh I was lke "...ASUNA?! WHAT" She does such a good job as V. All of her choices from tone/inflection, to volume levels, to emotional responses, to when to insert sarcasm and dry wit were SPOT on for me. She also did a phenomenal job at creating a voice that works for all 3 lifepaths. I'm with you she just brought me into the world of Cyberpunk so well. Male V to me is pretty close to the opposite of everything I just said. Makes me feel bad for the guy though lol.

Miss V gets my vote. Honestly, Cherami Leigh's vocal performance just does it for me, the dry humor and deadpan delivery of most of the dialogue with the added flair of sarcasm is just,,, I love it.

Panam and Judy are both tied for me in second place. Being able to ride off into the sunset with both of them on my side was goddamn satisfying.​

Completely agree. With the last part. As a player ya V is prolly my favorite to but I looked at it from my perspective as V and Judy is my fav with Panam a close second so I agree getting to ride off into the sunset with them both was, how did you put it, goddamn satisfying.

when I found out it was cherami leigh I was lke "...ASUNA?! WHAT" She does such a good job as V. All of her choices from tone/inflection, to volume levels, to emotional responses, to when to insert sarcasm and dry wit were SPOT on for me. She also did a phenomenal job at creating a voice that works for all 3 lifepaths. I'm with you she just brought me into the world of Cyberpunk so well. Male V to me is pretty close to the opposite of everything I just said. Makes me feel bad for the guy though lol.

Nothing against Gavin Drea but his performance just feels....off. That's literally the best way I can put it.
Completely agree. With the last part. As a player ya V is prolly my favorite to but I looked at it from my perspective as V and Judy is my fav with Panam a close second so I agree getting to ride off into the sunset with them both was, how did you put it, goddamn satisfying.

You raise a good point, looking at this from V's perspective and lets factor out romance for the sake of the argument. V has two "sisters" that are well written and solid characters in their own right.

Yep, totally agree with this. I loved Leigh's VO in this game, it gives so much personality to V, and that's definitely a big part of why V ended up being my favourite character.

I never play RPGs as myself since I enjoy the aspect of putting myself in the shoes of another. Obviously, some of my views transpire in the way I make sense of what's going on in the story, but I have to say my V ended up being nothing like me, and that was fantastic. She was a compelling character completely distinct from me as a player, and the voice acting was instrumental in achieving that effect.

I really wanted more out of Meridith. Kind of sad really. From the limited interactions with her, it LOOKS like a lot of her stuff was cut out.

In my 1st play thru, I really liked Judy. Fresh and fairly new kid in the biz. Now, on my 5th incarnation of V (2nd full play thru) I find her just plain annoying. I would've liked more with Evelyn, but I knew right off the bat she would have a bad end so didn't ponder that for long.

Panam is a great character, just a bit too intense for my taste.
Clair would've been a good option, but she has her own issues.

It's so hard to choose between them I do wish we had more time with each character but I had to pick Johnny. my entire first playthrough I felt so conflicted because, on the one hand, he's a total jerk sometimes and the idea of someone taking over V is really sad but he really grew on me he almost matured and the relationship between V and Johnny has to be my favorite part of the game. The scene at his grave and his final words just feel like a gut punch combined with the music it is something special!

Really liked Judy but Goro just grew on me..something about him ..just wanted to spend more time with him. So for me it would be Goro, Judy and V.. I really like my male V Voice actor did great bringing out cynicism, sarcasm and sense of humor. CDPR did a great job creating and fleshing out these characters. While I romanced Panam she just felt stilted to me so not one of my favorites.

Really liked Judy but Goro just grew on me..something about him ..just wanted to spend more time with him. So for me it would be Goro, Judy and V.. I really like my male V Voice actor did great bringing out cynicism, sarcasm and sense of humor. CDPR did a great job creating and fleshing out these characters. While I romanced Panam she just felt stilted to me so not one of my favorites.
Completely agree with most of your points, especially about Panam and Goro. I thought his texts were especially funny and beneficial to fleshing him out as a character. And Panam...well...Ok look none of the romances (haven't done River or Kerry and don't know if I will) really feel like much once you finished the romance, but Panam especially compared to Judy you're totally right felt stilted. In fact, I actually felt her reactions to the female V felt more natural than hers toward male V.

What yall be thinking with your dicks? Panam and Judy the best characters in the game? Also no love for Vic?

What yall be thinking with your dicks? Panam and Judy the best characters in the game? Also no love for Vic?

I liked Vik quite a bit and would have liked to see a couple of minor quests with him. Maybe something with the street fights since he used to be a pro boxer and really dislikes the new wave of them.

Takemura proves that not every corpo is an evil cunt. for some reason i kinda like the guy he was nice and i sympathize with his story.
the way he says about the corporations providing safety and security for the people who work there to the people like johnny who want to bring them down but offer no worthy alternative. it wakes me up even further and makes me think and feel for both in the game and in real life. the part when he says "we can't fix everything at once" is so true and heavy.

Last edited:
Takemura proves that not every corpo is an evil cunt. for some reason i kinda like the guy he was nice and i sympathize with his story.
the way he says about the corporations providing safety and security for the people who work there to the people like johnny who want to bring them down but offer no worthy alternative. it wakes me up even further and makes me think and feel for both in the game and in real life. the part when he says "we can't fix everything at once" is so true and heavy.
The whole conversation we have with him up here is when I put him in my top 3, I mean even before this I liked him because he's so wholesome and humble, but hearing about his worldview and how he grew up made me really respect him.

I like Johnny at the beginning he is a real asshole with you and Time past he is going softer almost BFF.

I like when i told to panam "about yesterday" she kiss you and leave.

And Johnny is like .

I would Say get on the bike and go after her.but Girl like that you let her go if she has pinch in hearth she will come back

He also looks pretty good once he is back in good graces :)

I heard the sentiment a few times already that he should also have been a romanceable character. While I don't have any strong feelings either way when it comes to that I can understand why he isn't. Considering his job it makes sense he wouldn't allow it. It would be a potential weakness that could be exploited to get closer to one of the Arasakas.

Top Bottom