Why are all TW3 screenshots oversharpened and aliased?

+

Agent_Blue

CostinMoroianu said:
So you would rather have nothing?

It's not even beta, I think at this stage you could call it alpha and it's a good thing CDPR released them instead of keeping us in the dark.

So accept them as they are and stop the complaints or we will get less.

Well, I agree. Some tolerance in in order. We've been forewarned a new and improved renderer will be making a splash sometime soon. If these screens are to be taken as indication, hopefully, it's of art direction, which looks very good, not of renderer performance, which looks odd here and there.

However, why would CDProkjekt sulk and retaliate to fans' criticism with a media blackout? Why would a company which prides itself on addressing mature themes behave so childishly?

Now, here's an idea. Perhaps they released these screens in the hopes of some honest feedback. And sincerity is not exclusive to praise.

CDProjekt sulking because of some criticism?
Nah.
I give them more credit than that.

Sirnaq said:
Because it's not. It's just some cyberpunkish art from the internet that has nothing to do with 2077 game.
Errr, yeah, the preceding posts proved as much.

I don't understand you guys. Complaining about a game that isn't even out yet, complaining about its graphics that aren't done yet. This is alpha, you know?And complaining about the game's concepts when you haven't seen it in action is just plain wrong. CDPR will change a bunch of gameplay elements a bunch of times. But seriously, this isn't BioWare. When CDPR sets out to do something, they do their best. If you can't appreciate that, you shouldn't be here.

I'm aware the screenshots are done in an old renderer but I REALLY hope the new one will be dramatically different. Because the interior and night lightning with all the red flare is very weird. It was actually one of the very few things I didn't care about in W2.

http://www.psmania.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/1365874707-witcher-3-skellige.jpg

http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/www/thewitcher/files/w3_screenshot/10_The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Town.png

Jain said:
I'm aware the screenshots are done in an old renderer but I REALLY hope the new one will be dramatically different. Because the interior and night lightning with all the red flare is very weird. It was actually one of the very few things I didn't care about in W2.

Well I rather disliked those overly saturated nearly blinding lighting effects as well. When someone gave me a brilliant explanation for why the lighting is like this: We are playing as Gerals the witcher, who has mutated "cat" eyes, which increase his vision, especially in the dark. But that may mean, that day colours are much intenser than for normal people. I have no idea, if that was actually behind the design decision. But it made it much easier for me to live with it.

Mataresa said:
Well I rather disliked those overly saturated nearly blinding lighting effects as well. When someone gave me a brilliant explanation for why the lighting is like this: We are playing as Gerals the witcher, who has mutated "cat" eyes, which increase his vision, especially in the dark. But that may mean, that day colours are much intenser than for normal people. I have no idea, if that was actually behind the design decision. But it made it much easier for me to live with it.

Granted, it kindda makes sense from a roleplaying point of view but Witcher is still a videogame. After all, Geralt doesn't need to eat, drink or empty his bowels either. Yes it would be more "realistic" but also a bit annoying after a while. Just like the oversaturation.

Top Bottom