Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
StrykerxS77x;n10694161 said:
I don't really get people who say they only have fun if they win. If you lose at monopoly did you not enjoy yourself at all?

The enjoyment I get from this game is when I win, not when I lose. I also get enjoment preparing decks with strategies that will make me win. If I lose and my tactic fails to provide results, it is frustraing rather than enjoyable. It might be enjoyable to go back to the deck editor to modify my deck, but seeing how it fails is not enjoyable. I really dont get people that say they enjoy losing at a competitive game like this. Are you like this in real life too? When someone humilliates and defeats you, shows you that all your preparation was for nothing and that your ideas are nothing but failures, you thank him for the learning experience? Well, even if it was a learning experience, and you might be thankful for it, I dont think you would feel it was an enjoyable experience to realize how wrong you were. You have to be masochistic to enjoy yourself when you lose at a CCG.

gabusan;n10694431 said:
The enjoyment I get from this game is when I win, not when I lose. I also get enjoment preparing decks with strategies that will make me win. If I lose and my tactic fails to provide results, it is frustraing rather than enjoyable. It might be enjoyable to go back to the deck editor to modify my deck, but seeing how it fails is not enjoyable. I really dont get people that say they enjoy losing at a competitive game like this. Are you like this in real life too? When someone humilliates and defeats you, shows you that all your preparation was for nothing and that your ideas are nothing but failures, you thank him for the learning experience? Well, even if it was a learning experience, and you might be thankful for it, I dont think you would feel it was an enjoyable experience to realize how wrong you were. You have to be masochistic to enjoy yourself when you lose at a CCG.

I don't see the difference with losing at a CCG or any other game I play. Why should I care more at losing at a CCG vs. playing my brother in ping pong? If I enjoy the game then I can get enjoyment from the experience of the game even if I lose. It's not possible to win every game so if you have realistic expectations it's not a big deal to lose. It is not accurate to say that your preparation was for nothing and your ideas are failures if you lose. Even if you crafted a tier one deck and play it very well you are still going to lose sometimes even if it's just by bad luck or a bad match up. I don't need to thank my opponent for beating me but I don't see the sense in being a bad sport about it. Also losing doesn't mean you have to feel humiliated. You don't have to take a game so seriously.

The plethora of interpretations of the simple good old "good game" is fascinating.
It could mean "you had a good game" just as well as "I had a good game".

I wonder if people who are likely to treat it more literally are more accustomed to using like buttons on social media.

As an aside, the best games for me are the ones where I learn something new, applicable to future matches.

Last edited:
The funny part is that at the beginning "GG" is what the loser say to the winner to show sportmanship and acknowledge he lost this game and not rage because he lost. Now its what winner say to loser just to emphasize his win...

I feel like during closed beta most players would give GG no matter what. However, now due to the huge problem with the coinflip as well as create cards sometimes people get really frustrated losing games due to those things and they no longer GG.

Also now as more people understand the game they tend to forfeit more which usually means that the GG button is not there around half my games I coun't give GG to my opponent even if I wanted to.

The most interesting part of this whole topic to me is that while this thread is filled full of people who don't GG and explain why...I have only ever had one or two people NOT GG me. Meanwhile, I almost NEVER GG because I simply have very high standards as to what constitutes a "good" game.

Beernchips;n10694851 said:
The funny part is that at the beginning "GG" is what the loser say to the winner to show sportmanship and acknowledge he lost this game and not rage because he lost. Now its what winner say to loser just to emphasize his win...

That made me chuckle, it's true. I think I've always gotten an instant GG when destroyed in two rounds or when I forfeit when the loss is guaranteed.

Playing on the Xbox, sometimes if the opponent forfeits I don't have "second good game" option (its a glitch in Xbox I reported a long time ago). If I forfeit because I know I lost and can't come back, there is no good game option.

So don't think it is always the person didn't do it on purpose, a lot of times the option isn't even there due to a glitch in the game.

The only reason I don't good game on purpose if they spam the emotes every time they have the option, its annoying and stupid. If I have to mute you to enjoy the game then you don't deserve a good game because it wasn't a good game.

Hellsmoke77;n10692581 said:
CDPR isn't going to ignore the console players. A lot of money goes into making this game work on console and they want people playing and paying to make a profit off their investment. I assure you they are on it.

this statement is BS. its been over 3 weeks now and nothing. couple that to a month between armor nerf and saovine update and that is 7 weeks total where our concerns are ignored.

regarding the rest, i've always been someone that believed on GG if enjoyed the match and that the only way to tell someone who did $%^#-ish things to make me not enjoy a match was to not GG. because not GGing is the only way to say "you were a $%^#"

i've just narrowed my parameters on GG giving because i'm sick of other people, usually PC players, profiting off me wasting my time due to a problem CDPR is ignoring. that, plus, when i picture a generalized view of a PC player i see someone who's roping off their use of a tracker i can't use while complaining endlessly on reddit. yes, i know that doesn't describe every PC player, but i cant help but put that face onto the faceless PC player i'm probably going to not GG. if i run into a name in the community that left an impression in a positive way (for example, 2 weeks ago played DRK3 and GG'd him), then i change it all up.

although its all moot right now because i quit playing. the disconnects are too frustrating.

Cardzilla;n10699731 said:
this statement is BS. its been over 3 weeks now and nothing. couple that to a month between armor nerf and saovine update and that is 7 weeks total where our concerns are ignored.

regarding the rest, i've always been someone that believed on GG if enjoyed the match and that the only way to tell someone who did $%^#-ish things to make me not enjoy a match was to not GG. because not GGing is the only way to say "you were a $%^#"

i've just narrowed my parameters on GG giving because i'm sick of other people, usually PC players, profiting off me wasting my time due to a problem CDPR is ignoring. that, plus, when i picture a generalized view of a PC player i see someone who's roping off their use of a tracker i can't use while complaining endlessly on reddit. yes, i know that doesn't describe every PC player, but i cant help but put that face onto the faceless PC player i'm probably going to not GG. if i run into a name in the community that left an impression in a positive way (for example, 2 weeks ago played DRK3 and GG'd him), then i change it all up.

although its all moot right now because i quit playing. the disconnects are too frustrating.

I'm sure my statement is bs..they are going to let all the money they invested on the console go to waste I'm sure. Think quitting is actually a good idea for you.

i've just narrowed my parameters on GG giving because i'm sick of other people, usually PC players, profiting off me wasting my time due to a problem CDPR is ignoring.
Good point. I'm gonna stop giving GG to console players for wasting my leisure time due to server issues.

that, plus, when i picture a generalized view of a PC player i see someone who's roping off their use of a tracker i can't use while complaining endlessly on reddit. yes, i know that doesn't describe every PC player, but i cant help but put that face onto the faceless PC player i'm probably going to not GG.
Your notion is inaccurate, you know that it's inaccurate, but you can't help but act as if it were accurate?
Did I understand that right? Just checking.

I usually decide the GG based on these things. We both had decent draws, and my opponent didn't play a broken archetype. If he is a lowbie.

By default, not GG to Brower and Henselt in any case.

partci;n10701571 said:
But PC players are?

I don't care what platform you are playing at. I look at what you are playing.

Course not.

I don't get blaming people for what they are playing either. It's not the players fault if you dislike a faction, or a deck, or certain cards.

StrykerxS77x;n10701551 said:
Console players are not to blame for server issues.
That was supposed to be an ironic parallel to Cardzilla's train of thought. Sorry for the confusion.

StrykerxS77x;n10701651 said:
I don't get blaming people for what they are playing either. It's not the players fault if you dislike a faction, or a deck, or certain cards.
Yeah, if something's broken in a game, it's up to the game company to fix things. I won't judge people for doing what's allowed within the game system.
That, and nothing jumps out at me as terribly overpowered anyway.

Have to agree, they don't work on the servers fast enough....I've sent them email 14.3 and although got an email back in a day which was impressive this sentence rather confused me..
"We are aware of the issue and looking into it. Thank you for your report, it will help us adjust the priorities!"...Wait so this is not a priority??!! Gwent community is not so big I believe they should try to take care of all players they have incl Xbox One users....

I honestly don't gg if after a good match the opponent pulls out a Ciri:nova in the 3rd as their last card. It cheapens the previous rounds efforts. Or if the deck is a poor assembly of "creates" and high powers and a victory was clearly a fluke. I decide basically on whether it actually was a good game. Whether i win or lose doesn't matter.

Top Bottom