Will Cyberpunk 2077 be coming to consoles?

+
Will Cyberpunk 2077 be coming to consoles?

I've read on a lot of articles that, while Cyberpunk 2077 is confirmed to come out for the PC, I've yet to read anything that says that this game will, in fact, be coming to consoles. I'm mostly concerned about this because there are a lot of people out there (including myself) that simply can not afford a PC with high enough specs to handle a game like Cyberpunk 2077. Although it feels same to assume that this game will also be released for consoles, I was wondering if anybody heard anything that confirms this for sure.

I definitely think that its going on PS4 and Xbox One along with PC.

Cause hey, that would piss off their console audiences so freaking bad.

Remember Crystal Dynamics basically saying FU to PS4 and PC fans when Xbox got ROTTR first?

Ugh that was a horrible move on their part.

Last edited:
It's a safe assumption, consoles games make a lot of money. After all most people have one of them, although I do ask myself why, especially with the latest gen. being so underpowered.

Suffice it to say you could probably buy a PC that would be more powerful, and for less money, and not have to pay fees for multiplayer either. Granted you would have to know a bit about how the PCs are put together, what a video card is, what memory is etc. in order to do it. After all, the ones you can pick up off the shelf won't do the job. Pro Tip: Never buy a PC off the shelf, they charge about twice what the hardware is really worth.

Anyways, back on topic.

It costs relatively little in time or money to make it for both PC and consoles. I think most game development tools are designed to allow developers to release their product on multple platforms, so that isn't a problem. The only real problem is that PCs do not have controller so you would have to make a seperate interface for the PC to support mouse and keyboard. But that is a minor problem.

The only reason not to release a game on consoles is if the target market either won't like it (it is a a different market, after all), or the interface would be too difficult to port over to the consoles. The only games of this sort I can think of is either Civilization or The Sims.

I honestly doubt Cyberpunk 2077 would fall under the same umbrella, so to speak. So yes, it would foolish of them not to.

Last edited:
After W3? Definitely. If W3 couldn't be made without consoles you can rest assured Cyberpunk will arrive on consoles what with it being MORE ambitious than W3.

I definitely think that its going on PS4 and Xbox One along with PC.

Cause hey, that would piss off their console audiences so freaking bad.

Remember Crystal Dynamics basically saying FU to PS4 and PC fans when Xbox got ROTTR first?

Ugh that was a horrible move on their part.
I hope this comes to consoles. PS4 and Xbox One.

By the time it will come out, PS4 and Xbox One will be already obsolete.
THIS.

They'll probably release it on those obsolete machines anyway, and keep the PC port in check with the consoles in the process.
Because, as we learned from the Division, it would be quote unquote: unfair to the consoles to have the PC version of a game take full advantage of the PC platforms capabilities.
Looking at all the PC-exclusive visual FX features that got taken out of the Witcher 3 prior to release, I can't help but wonder if CDPR isn't any better than Ubisoft Massive in this regard, and will have to keep the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 in check with the console versions as well.
Guess we'll have to wait and see.

The new Tomb Raider shows that even if console is lead platform, a good PC port can still be miles ahead. And I don't buy what Massive said about Division for one second. That's PR talk and counter to what they said a couple years ago. I think they just ran into a wall like CDPR did in development and had to scale things back. They were also bull-shotting the hell out of that game.

THIS.

They'll probably release it on those obsolete machines anyway, and keep the PC port in check with the consoles in the process.
Because, as we learned from the Division, it would be quote unquote: unfair to the consoles to have the PC version of a game take full advantage of the PC platforms capabilities.
Looking at all the PC-exclusive visual FX features that got taken out of the Witcher 3 prior to release, I can't help but wonder if CDPR isn't any better than Ubisoft Massive in this regard, and will have to keep the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 in check with the console versions as well.

I suppose by the time of CP 2077 release, competition in consoles will accelerate enough and will force MS and Sony to actually compete properly. In other words - they'll already release newer hardware at that point and things will be getting better in this aspect. If not, then CDPR will really have to work hard to make their engine very adaptive and scalable features wise.

It will either come out to a new set of consoles, as Gilrond is saying; or it will be so late in the console cycle that everyone will be expecting the game to look much inferior on consoles anyway, so they won't have to scale anything back for them, if they ever did that (which I don't believe, actually). Remember the last year of PS3 and XBox 360? The games were looking nearly completely differently on PC by that time in the previous console cycle.

I just hope CDPR makes CP2077 with the PC as it's target hardware not the inherent limitations of consoles.
99% of multi-platform games are made with console limitations as their central technical focus, after all no console manufacturer wants people to be able to clearly see how much better the same game can be on a PC. True a pure PC release significantly reduces potential sales but there no reason a game can't be made for PC then ported to console rather the other way around as usually happens.

Not gonna happen ... but I can dream.

Here's a good YouTube about porting to and from consoles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4BhxJt29eU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grRGXQdxQ_Q

Last edited:
Considering they boasted about it being more ambitious than TW3, I can't imagine them being able to afford not making it multi-platform. I'll be shocked if it's PC only.

THIS.

I don't really know what you guys mean by obsolete. Those consoles will be obsolete once they stop making games for them and shut down their servers, not before.
Or if you mean obsolete by having a next generation consoles around. Well if the release of CP2077 takes that long, our current PC's will be obsolete as well so what's your point?

Thiiiiis better not turn into Platform Wars.

I haven't had to ban anyone really since W3 release and I rather miss it.

Your move, bitches!

Top Bottom