[WIP] E3DodgeSystem

+
MonarchX;n9847551 said:
Could someone please test my fixed DLC version? Before this fixed version, there were 2 more:
1. Fixed one without the w2anims files that fixed all issues, but the author stated things "aren't as smooth"
2. Fixed DLC version, but I believe it was done incorrectly and it also prevented Yrden sign lights (on the ground) from showing up when cast outside of combat

I made this version and I THINK it now works 100% now. Is there any way to test whether the w2anims file is actually active as part of DLC?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1raM...ew?usp=sharing

Played for 10 hours straight last night, saw no issues at all mate. It seems that the DLC fix is the correct approach.

Guest 3841499

NoCraztShet;n9857061 said:
Played for 10 hours straight last night, saw no issues at all mate. It seems that the DLC fix is the correct approach.

Yeah, there's going to be a new update with some more "correctness", but with the uploaded one I also had 0 issues.

Great someone finaly fixed it this way! But is there any hope for a version with the new backwards dodge?

Guest 3841499

I only repack mods, not perform any fixes within modded files, but repacking often does solve some issues. I'm not a modder yet! Its unknown if I fixed it to be honest because one of the ways to fix it is to exclude w2anims file entirely and using it as DLC may not be rendering it active, so its equivalent of just not using w2anims file or DLC repack I made... Unless someone tells me exactly how to make it work as DLC or how to know for sure that w2anims file is active, it's a Black Box really...

I am afraid there is tiny chance for it. I lost contact with DreaLL in July, since then he hasn't responded.

In fact his dodge mod requires 2 things to modify.

1) Changing backward animation for this from demo -> the animation was already found, it only requires some editing to make it work more fluently. Maybe guys from jogging mod would like to try it?
(Frankly speaking: Forward E3 roll + mentioned animation + first flip from E3Dodge site -> it gives us quite close look of old dodge sys, which is playable)

2) Modification of side dodges - currently they work randomly and it is unaccepteable IMO. It is a problem of dodge system and side dodge which doesn't fit to this sys.

My idea was to recreate dodging sys so pressing forward+dodge makes only forward dodge or pressing right+dodge makes right dodge, without dependency on the distance from the enemy. But it requires scripting... Alternatively maybe there is a chance to copy rolling sys in place of dodge sys (I believe it works like I described it) and put inside it 4 E3 animations. That will give us 99% look of old dodge system, but don't know if it is possible...

Guest 3841499

People say w2anims files, when edited to supplement behavior files, makes animations "smoother". Is that so and how so? I noticed 0 difference at normal combat pace...

There's a file with only Jogging animation? Anyone knows?
Mean not buggy at all. Stop laughing :(

Edit: I found this:

Playable always that you know in which places it's buggy. (read desc).

Last edited:
Top Bottom