Witcher 2 Import

+
Witcher 2 Import

So, I never got to import the Witcher 2 save I had as I lost its file. I just got to Loc Muine again (Witcher 2 obv), and I am kind of losing steam, and I want to get back to Witcher 3 and do a new game and hit the DLCs. My question is this: is there ANYTHING I can gain from getting this Witcher 2 save imported instead of just the question and answer section offered within Witcher 3's gameplay?

I think you can end up with the Blue Stripes tattoo on your neck. Otherwise it's about the same to my knowledge.

There may be a few tiny things, for example if you agree to help the scholars with their experiment in Flotsam you can find notes about the experiment in Oxenfurt. Also, Henselt being alive or dead at the end of Roche's path changes a line as Var Attre explains the course of the war (the outcome is still the same- Radovid absorbs Kaedwen). Those are the only things I know of (besides the tattoo) that change at all.

On PC, you can use console commands to simulate TW2 choices that are not available in the conversation with Voorhis in the prologue:
addfact(import_saskia_alive)

You can talk to Philippa in Battle Preparations about what happened to Saskia.

addfact(import_henselt_alive)

Changes dialogue with Var Attre and between some Novigrad townsmen.

addfact(import_odrin_met)

Does not seem to make any difference.

addfact(import_geralt_has_tattoo)

It did not work for me.

addfact(import_geralt_drank_mysterious_potion)

Not sure if this works, but I think it should be used before entering Velen for the first time.

A few choices, but a lot of them are dumped in Witcher 3.
Witcher 2 is unfortunately mostly isolated from W3 and a lot of that legacy is ignored in the new game.

Troublesome story with many trilogies unfortunately. You can take the questions/answers and you'll get the same results to be blunt.
If you like W3 for what it is - that is up to you. I was moderately disappointed (but I see it's merits despite that and understand the hardships of development).

Well, that's too bad! I do prefer Witcher 3, but I have played Witcher 2 so many times. Too bad I lost all my old saves when my old computer crapped out. I guess I'll just jump back to Witcher 3 and get to the expansions. Those small changes seem pretty minor. I was hoping for something like in the Witcher 2 where you can have Raven's armor and Aerondight

There is no connection with TW2. The save import doesn't exist in this game. It is called TW3 for marketing reasons I assume

Top Bottom