Witcher 2 on consoles already?

+
Witcher 2 on consoles already?

Recently Ive been browsing gametrailers.com and found an interesting video of witcher 2 gameplay.The thing is that it's clearly was console version cos during the gameplay particular xbox 360's controller triggers, bumpers and buttons were asked to be pressed.So does that mean that devs already testing console versions???!By the way, by all means see yourself, here the link to video:http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/witcher-2-new-gameplay-video/343781

Braag

Forum veteran
A lot of PC games can be played with a Xbox 360 controller. For example I played Batman: Arkham Asylum with a Xbox 360 controller on my PC and all the button indicators on screen turned into the Xbox 360 controller's layout.So my bet is that The Witcher 2 supports a Xbox 360 controller on PC. And when a game is presented in an event like that, it's easier to play it with a controller rather than M&K.But I'm quite sure that The Witcher 2 will get a console release as well but we don't know when it will be. I guess they will port the first game on consoles after the release of The Witcher 2 on PC since it would be a much better experience for console gamers if they would play TW1 first.

It's a lot easier to control a game on stage -- standing up in front of a hundred people -- with a controller than with a keyboard and mouse. Kinda hard to use a keyboard when you're standing up and have no desk and no lap and...Yes, TW2 is coming to consoles, but the video you've seen really is of the PC game; they used a controller just because it's easier to demo that way.Word has it that TW2 is being prepared for PC and Xbox and will be released on Playstation a bit later. TW1 might or might not come to consoles later. Yes, that's out of order. But they're using their own engine for TW2, so it's easier for them to make TW2 available on consoles than to get the Aurora engine ported there.

TW2 as PC version takes precedence over consoles in development. It was mentioned somewhere. CDPR took all their resources to concentrate on TW2 on PC. Even Metropolis Software joined the team and suspended their own projects for the time being. It's quite unlikely CDPR works on the console version simultaneously.

Ummm..."Continuing our print-press parade of Witcher goodness, we decided to present you the highlights of the latest PSX Extreme mag, only available in Poland, which makes info there pretty much inaccessible to people outside of the country. Tomasz Gop, Senior Producer for Witcher 2, called the preview taken for the mag the most in-depth one so far, admitting that no press members before had asked that many relevant questions.* Multiplatforming is confirmed! First versions to be released will be PC and Xbox 360 version early in 2011, then a bit later on - Playstation 3 version."http://witchervault.ign.com/fullstory.php?id=57121

http://witchervault.ign.com/fullstory.php?id=57121 "Multiplatforming is confirmed! First versions to be released will be PC and Xbox 360 version early in 2011, then a bit later on - Playstation 3 version. ""Geralt will not need dexterity or accuracy parameters this time around, and there's no 'combat rolls' known from AD&D-based games. Landed hits are calculated in real time based on hitbox collision detection. Active block and evade are the best ways to avoid enemy's attacks." What do you think? I am really disappointed. Fortunately cd project red said that pc gaming is not dead, we don't follow the market trend, bla bla bla... Action game where you must press button like a monkey to win, no stats. Instead improve and personalize a battle system, this news sounds like a simplification for pad.

I have no problem with multi platform as long as it’s done for the PC first and they don’t downgrade the game to console standards.The more money they make the more they can spend on new games.With the combat changes I have to admit that I am a little worried but there is no way to tell until we see the changes they make.

Sayckeone said:
Ummm..."Continuing our print-press parade of Witcher goodness, we decided to present you the highlights of the latest PSX Extreme mag, only available in Poland, which makes info there pretty much inaccessible to people outside of the country. Tomasz Gop, Senior Producer for Witcher 2, called the preview taken for the mag the most in-depth one so far, admitting that no press members before had asked that many relevant questions.* Multiplatforming is confirmed! First versions to be released will be PC and Xbox 360 version early in 2011, then a bit later on - Playstation 3 version."http://witchervault.ign.com/fullstory.php?id=57121
omg... this is brand new info, you still can see, no.... feel... sparks are flying *eeksmilie*thanks a lot for the link *coolsmilie*

The link was posted in this thread http://tw2.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=28302.0 a few days ago.

I don't like any of the two.- I'm sure, 360 version, one way or another is going to affect badly in the development of the PC version (lower resolution for textures? HUD optimized only for gamepad? delayed version?)I'd prefer The Witcher could stay as PC exclusive.- And action RPG?! No way! I like The Witcher. And of course I want the secuel to be better, TW1 have defects, sure, but not change the core gameplay, please. I don't want to play and action game. I want to play a hardocre ROL playing game, like the old school style (recently I've enjoyed Dragon Age a lot).

Me too, something about those lines feels strange. I don't want TW2 to be a click-fest, it's not street fighter !! I already imagine myself having to remember stupid combo lists like "weak sword - heavy sword - magic - magic - alchemy" :(

I can understand everyone's worry on TW2.When TW2 comes out it will be on PC first not the other way around.And when it dose come on the 360 or PS2 or even the Wii.It would not be just a porting. let alone take away form the heart and world of TW.

i hear the devs mentioning demons souls alot in interviews when comparing the new combat sytle. this can only mean good things imo since demon souls is awesome, groundbreaking in many ways. I already dream of my 3 witchers, warrior/mage/alchemist and my 33 playthroughs.

I prefer a Keyboard and Mouse for Games like Witcher. It's a lot comfortable and has no limitations of a console controller :)

Action RPG? It's beginning to sound like The Witcher 2 is heading down the same path as Mass Effect did when it because Mass Effect 2 - less RP, more glitz. :(

I dunno. If you watch the videos from the CDProjekt RED conference, they spend quite a lot of time talking about how pleased they were with TW1's sales on PC only, and how excited they are about how much more money they'll make this time around now that it'll be on consoles too. They repeat this several times throughout the first part of the video.Part of me thinks it doesn't matter how many times they reassure us that they won't dumb it down for us, and that they're still going to focus on the PC version more than the console version but...come on. Get real. With all this talk about how excited they are about increased sales, and based on the preview videos I've seen so far, it really does seem like it's going to be very "console-ish" no matter what they say. And to be honest it makes sense...if I cared as much as they seem to about sales, I'd focus more on the console version. Some may find it sad, but console sales are insanely higher than PC game sales. Just go look up stats on MW2 sales. Compare between PC and 360.I'm not accusing CDPR of turning into a greedy company but...they seem awfully damned excited about making more money this time around.

i can imagine a good product on all platforms but time will tell if they have the time and motivation to invest enough to make each version stand out and don't follow the lowest common denominator. limited keyset and less precision in aiming usualy leads to autlocks and aimassists and much worse: special balancing of enemies for that. you need a totally different system on PC, if they can keep them seperated and don't make the "same" version across all platforms it could work. if they go for the stupid "same experience on all platforms" mantra that never works we will have to live with the shortcomings of each of the platforms.

I do not know for the others but old fashioned way keyboard and mouse was always more close to my heart than consoles. But with new MS natal system that can change as paying the games would really made me fit in the game as the witcher :p

Top Bottom