Witcher 3 - Beard options + some other stuff

+
More realistic would be that you can shave, but if you don't shave within a day or two, a beard starts to re-growing.
So basically, if you meditate and sleep 24 hours for 30 days, Geralt would look like a Santa Claus...
LOL

Everyone have their own preference but sometimes I don't get ; why people even care about beard options . About time Geralt got some badass beard .

the most natural thing, considering the open world route they're now taking, is for geralt to naturally grow his body hairs and perhaps even become dirtier and grimier as he travels across the world, until he visits a tavern and cleans up, or alternatively, do nothing while in town and keep his hobo look intact.

Shawnkh said:
CDPR has already confirmed that you cannot change the beard, you can only change the hair.
Damn, I was already looking for the option "EVEN MORE BEARD".

EDIT: Nevermind, luckily it looks like you were wrong.

On a side note, I really don't like the default haircut they are showing in the trailer.
I liked the "Rivian" ponytail that was the default option in the second game a lot more.

TucoBenedicto said:
I liked the "Rivian" ponytail that was the default option in the second game a lot more.
I liked it as well, but changed it to Cintrian ponytail (or whatever it was) once I got to Flotsam just because the hair glitched in almost every cutscene.

Very annoying.

Umair2012 said:
Everyone have their own preference but sometimes I don't get ; why people even care about beard options . About time Geralt got some badass beard .

Actually, Geralt hates beards. He even says so in one of the books. ^^;; If you need the quote, I can power up my Kindle and look for it. :)

Mutliple Colors? This is not Sims game c'mon...

NPC: -Who are you?
Player: -I'm the witcher.
NPC: -Youre not the white one, piss off!

eskiMoe said:
They may have decided to censor some parts so they could freely distribute the trailer and not worry about some sites in some countries setting up age restrictions for the video.

Or it's a design choice. There are mentions of mermaids in the books ("A Little Sacrifice" short story). I don't remember how precisely Sapkowski described them though. They might have had cloths on or not.

No clothes but colored nipples, if I remember rightly.

eskiMoe said:
They may have decided to censor some parts so they could freely distribute the trailer and not worry about some sites in some countries setting up age restrictions for the video.

Or it's a design choice. There are mentions of mermaids in the books ("A Little Sacrifice" short story). I don't remember how precisely Sapkowski described them though. They might have had cloths on or not.

Just want to remind people that CDPR have said that the woman/creature in the trailer is not a mermaid.

Hairstyles/customization/beard! (but mostly the beard)

Hello there wonderful people. I am here to present you with one simple request. I am a big fan of both the Witcher 1 and 2(also the book series) and I just always imagined Geralt having a nice white/grey beard on his face. Please please please give us the option to have a beard on Geralt. I think you guys have it down with the hair styles(2 more wouldn't be the worst thing ever), but the one thing that i feel is missing is a beard. Also, super excited about the new game guys keep up the good work!!!(and maybe add a beard in the 'barber" vendor )

I like his new look, and to dye his hair NO E-FING WAY!!!
Hair-cut options to clean shave for those who want it fine,
but dont mess with the white/gray hair, that would be hella stupid!!!

Player choice. :victory:

I also have heard that beard is optional but can't provide link. Haven't heard anything of beard being a must though. Dye his hair? I'm all for player choice usually...but I think that's taking it too far. But hey...player choice and to each his own.

Got me thinking though. I remember Eskel saying that he got a shock seeing Geralt's hair turn white during one mutation, or was it the Trial of Grasses? Wonder where the devs got that from? Is it canon? Did Geralt use to have black hair before mutations?

WHITE WOLF! Dyeing his hair? Please don't. Multiple hairstyles, yes of course.

AND WHITE HAIR! THIS IS NOT SKYRIM!

Got me thinking though. I remember Eskel saying that he got a shock seeing Geralt's hair turn white during one mutation, or was it the Trial of Grasses? Wonder where the devs got that from? Is it canon? Did Geralt use to have black hair before mutations?

He did.His hair turning white was the only side effect he had from his mutations, he took them so well that he was subjected to further experimental mutations and survived those as well.

Actually, Geralt hates beards. He even says so in one of the books. ^^;; If you need the quote, I can power up my Kindle and look for it. :)
He does mention one time, that his beard "drives him mad". So I wouldn't really go as far as saying he hates wearing a beard. Also he could just grow it out of neglect.

Just want to remind people that CDPR have said that the woman/creature in the trailer is not a mermaid.
Sauce: http://youtu.be/NuQ5xISOTwc?t=3m40s

Top Bottom