Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You realize that your first criticism of me was EXACTLY what you did.
I didn't claim that everyone else had the same results as me, your mileage may vary, is that not understandable?
You hadn't even said you were on AMD, blame yourself for not providing enough information to everyone else here when making performance complaints.

In Watch Dogs, AMD's performance was nearly identical to Nvidia's, even when using the highest HBAO+ setting.

Want to point fingers? Point them at the developers.

Sarcastic comments such as "Thanks Nvidia!" following some sort of jab at Gameworks very often leads to senseless hate trains. I've been seeing people saying they'll pirate or refuse to purchase every game that is involved with Gameworks, and we're not talking about one or two guys from time to time, it's a recurrent theme.

Honestly this 'blame game' is pointless , blaming GPU makers, CD Projekt , Console Parity , Conspiracy .

What isn't pointless is getting someone whether it be CD Projekt Red or Modders to actually fix(improve) the game.

The fact that someone(Modders) implemented Monsters ONLY Hairworks , a feature that I desperately wanted since launch is amazing.

On the side of Gameworks/Hairworks , you'd think someone at Nvidia or CD Projekt would be like , Hairworks for Geralt looks pretty bad and takes away performance for no reason , lets only implement it on Monsters.

But Nope.

If you think Gameworks is a good thing in the long run for PC gamers, you are completely and sadly mistaken, but you are entitled to your opinion of course. But maybe all that Nvidia hate as of late has some justification to it?

That beeing said; I really dont care taking this further into a circle jerk discussion that in the end leads exactly nowhere except to another forum ban, so live long and prosper.

Oh, and should you call me pathetic and/or senseless again for having different opinions about hardware manufacturers, I will happily report you to the mods. :sad:
I did not express any opinion about Gameworks and what effect it has on the PC Industry, don't attempt to derail the conversation and subliminally shove words into my mouth.

"Oh, and should you call me pathetic and/or senseless again" How old are you? I just, i honestly have a hard time imagining any adult person would say something like this, i said your comment was hinting at a pathetic and senseless hate train towards Nvidia, you turn that into a personal insult?

I said something you dislike, you couldn't come up with a proper response so you use the common tactic of claiming to have been personally insulted and threaten to attempt to silence me with a moderator.

I will not pursue any further discourse with you, you've revealed enough about yourself and your intentions.

---------- Updated at 02:19 PM ----------

On the side of Gameworks/Hairworks , you'd think someone at Nvidia or CD Projekt would be like , Hairworks for Geralt looks pretty bad and takes away performance for no reason , lets only implement it on Monsters.

But Nope.
That is your opinion, Hairworks is an objectively superior representation of hair, it's not perfect but it's quite impressive, it is better than the flat 2d textures used by default.
Whether you want to sacrifice some framerate for it is up to you, as to why there was no option for monsters/people separately i do not know, it seems like it simply got overlooked.

Oh did they?
I run two 980s in SLI, my performance on the latest driver is IDENTICAL to the previous one, and i am not getting any issues.

But you're telling me that they screwed it up?

Lol ok.

Tbh I think people install drivers incorrectly (didn't uninstall them with ddu in safe mode, restart, then install drivers, then restart again) and blame the drivers

For me performance was increased by 10% in 353.06 because I have a 770
and there was no performance difference between the previous driver and the driver before that some people had (probably due to what I mentioned above)

Tbh I think people install drivers incorrectly (didn't uninstall them with ddu in safe mode, restart, then install drivers, then restart again) and blame the drivers

For me performance was increased by 10% in 353.06 because I have a 770
and there was no performance difference between the previous driver and the driver before that some people had (probably due to what I mentioned above)
Seems about right since Kepler performance got increased.

There's a lot of variables at play, the rest of your hardware, the way you install/uninstall your drivers, your operating system...

I said something you dislike, you couldn't come up with a proper response so you use the common tactic of claiming to have been personally insulted and threaten to attempt to silence me with a moderator.

Whatever floats your boat, budd. You can lay out the narrative in your head however you want if that makes you happy. :)

Just check this guys.
http://imgur.com/a/5PouS

Setting aside the sharpening effect, character model is the only real upgrade.

Well it's been "only" 8 years since W1 released, and it wasn't that much of a lightweight at its time itself. But keep in mind that the scene in the W3 is a lot more dynamic in terms of lighting and time of day, and of course its not a little closed of map section in and of itself but part of a bigger region.

Last edited:
Did someone manage, how to fix weathers like RainStorm or DarkClouds with Cutscene Lighting Mod?
May be proper envBlend strength values?

upd: decreasing envBlend strength - will remove all that we love in Cutscene Lighting Mod (beautiful bloom from: fire\igni\grass\trees\houses and additional AO from grass\houses) Its also decrease sky bloom (that what must be fixed) and increase visibility range. But it's not a solution (IMO) Value must be on 1.0 everytime to reach real cut-scene lightning effect, but we also have to figure out, how decrease only sky\sun bloom and don't touch the other things.
And ofc rain weathers.

Last edited:
Oh wow, no matter how low you set the bar, there is always someone who easily disco dances underneath it.

Damn, I lost this.

This is so funny being said by someone with a Manson's avatar, really.

Sorry, but I couldn't really refrain from it.

Last edited:
Did someone manage, how to fix weathers like RainStorm or DarkClouds with Cutscene Lighting Mod?
May be proper envBlend strength values?

upd: decreasing envBlend strength - will remove all that we love in Cutscene Lighting Mod (beautiful bloom from: fire\igni\grass\trees\houses and additional AO from grass\houses) Its also decrease sky bloom (that what must be fixed) and increase visibility range. But it's not a solution (IMO) Value must be on 1.0 everytime to reach real cut-scene lightning effect, but we also have to figure out, how decrease only sky\sun bloom and don't touch the other things.
And ofc rain weathers.

I find it hilariously sad that gamers care more about improving the base game and restoring the game to its 'former glory' than CD Projekt.

I find it hilariously sad that gamers care more about improving the base game and restoring the game to its 'former glory' than CD Projekt.
They care about selling copies of the game like any business. The people who really care about the downgrade are a minority, not that it changes anything.

One thing I really want to see fixed is this shitty LOD distance for buildings. I mean... this building really isn't that far away.

So freakin blurry...

I prefer the water in the first image. It actually looks like shitty swamp water.... not something I would want to walk through. I also definitely prefer the lighting and atmosphere in the original as well.

Though it looks like the screenshot from the actual game was taken with a shitty sweetfx preset so.... I'll have to try and replicate that one myself. Either way, it will end in disappointment.

One thing I really want to see fixed is this shitty LOD distance for buildings. I mean... this building really isn't that far away.

So freakin blurry...
Oh wow, I didnt notice it until I opened the picture in a seperate tab. Holy shit that is blurry, how have I not noticed this so far? I have to go back to that place and check for myself. I take it changing MeshRenderingDistanceScale and MeshLODDistanceScale yields no effect?

The water in the first image actually looks like water, because, you know, it has reflections. The swamp water in the final game... doesn't reflect shit. It doesn't even look like water in this picture. In the image, you could mistake it for some sand of some sort of wet sand of some kind. From the angle that shot is taken, you should have a clear reflection of the environment, but there's nothing. This was one of the more noticeable things in the downgrade from our beloved friend, the 35 minute demo :p

Which reminds me, I think I asked before, but doesn't Mastereffect for Reshade have a setting for screenspace reflections ? How would such a thing work in The Witcher 3 if enabled ?

So freakin blurry...

This is especially painful to see when walking around Novigrad more like "Pop-in"-city.

Which reminds me, I think I asked before, but doesn't Mastereffect for Reshade have a setting for screenspace reflections ? How would such a thing work in The Witcher 3 if enabled ?

No, it does not. That was an april fools joke.

Last edited:

So freakin blurry...

I prefer the water in the first image. It actually looks like shitty swamp water.... not something I would want to walk through. I also definitely prefer the lighting and atmosphere in the original as well.

Though it looks like the screenshot from the actual game was taken with a shitty sweetfx preset so.... I'll have to try and replicate that one myself. Either way, it will end in disappointment.

The LOD in this game is horrible. I mean pretty good damn awful , I need to stand 1 feet away from NPCs to get his face to popin in Novigrad . That has 0 to do with Graphics settings , it happens on a GTX 980 at 1080P Medium with or without SLI.

Guys the water is actually deeper. I have visited the area and the water there goes waist high on Geralt.

I have seen shallow water in the game and it DOES still have the white tinge and reflections.

Lmao you're hilarious, those are the pre-set recommended settings for each GPU...

And i love how you act like you're the first one to look at the config files of the game.

I'm sorry but are you a total idiot? Did I or did I not say "If you did not already know" and "this is just on face value observation it may be something else entirely" in my last post? Cretin.

You know what is sad .. With all due respect from the comunity and Moderators.... There was like 4 threads about downgrade with more than 2000 pages between all of them . They have been locked or deleted . So we have to defend ourselves in a Post about " graphics" and now people are making off topic arguments here - . Maybe we will get those 1000 pages but nothing will change - I know we need to keep trying hard but then again .. the last downgrade title was full of good arguments but was locked a few weeks before w3 release . You know is not fair but the Honest Company we know for years is not longer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom