Witcher - the movie - details released

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this movie going to be some 'murican Hollywood production?

Because if so,

Yesterday a polish film portal published a new interview where Baginski said he has just come back from talks in USA and now he will be also a co-screenwriter. Budget is still not decided.
Source(in polish): http://www.portalfilmowy.pl/wydarze...lowianski-Przyczajony-tygrys-ukryty-smok.html

Trivia: Baginski was talking about another movie. A sci-fi 30 mln production about american marines filmed in South Africa..

Last edited:
You are wrong. Nothing was changed form the books as the movie was based on the comic. Authors of the movie didnt even read the books in the first place.

Movies like this are made on a continuous enthusiasm of passionate people who working on it.

and I think this going to be the big difference, if people work on something, who are already passionate about the series. You get something like the games.

It's not like Uwe Boll read the back page of The Last Wish and decided to make Gerald - The Witch Hunter or that Hitman movie recently...

They also know that the old movie and the tv series were not so good and I would assume that they will try to challenge CDPR/The Witcher Series in terms of quality, at least that's what I could imagine is their ambition, or I hope so.

Will they succeed? Who knows, but they said the same about Witcher 1 and look how that ended.

If the first movie will succeed, who knows, maybe we will see the whole story as movie/tv series. Yeah, I know, a series is planned, but if the first movie will be a disaster, they won't do that :)
Furthermore if the first movie is a success, they will get more money for the next and so on.

Something else, maybe it was already stated, but do you think any polish actors have a chance to play a role? Most people just name big names from Hollywood, but why not some known national ones?

I just looked at the screenplayer IMDB page...hmm http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0820692/ hmm

It's going to be terrible. :horse:

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "The Little Mermaid" writer writing the script scares me a little...

Whoah, slow down. I'm a huge BTVS fan and it was an awesome TV show, with a massive cult fan following. If I went out into the streets and asked random people if they'd heard of The Witcher, or BTVS, I know what would be the more popular answer!!!

The BTVS episode in question that the screenplayer wrote was called "Gingerbread" and it wasn't that bad an episode to be honest. Not One of BTVS's best episodes, but certainly not the worst.

Let's give the movie a chance before we hang it!

Dave

---------- Updated at 01:11 PM ----------

Not to mention "from the producers who gave us the remake of Ben Hur," another trash film to add to the heap of anachronistic, historically inaccurate sword and sandal epics that Hollywood has been pumping out since the start of the Cold War. I have zero hope for this movie. I think Guillermo del Toro or someone similar would be needed to do the Witcher franchise justice - someone with a knack for depicting the monstrous and grotesque.

Guillermo del Toro would be an awesome choice! I really like the way he directs a movie and the visuals that his films give. Whilst I'm wary of a film adaption, I'd rather give it a chance at least until we see a trailer before trashing this new movie!!!

Dave

Looks like you missed explanation about Thania St. John's role in the producation. She will be just a co-screenwriter so calm down. Her role is to keep everything right as English speaking movie + she has experience and very good understanding of the concept. Baginski (also co-screenwriter) will have the last word.

The Witcher movie with Mr. Bagiński in charge? My dreams finally come true. :)

---------- Updated at 11:24 PM ----------

Well, here is what we, eastern europeans can do with $20 million budget, Slim. :p

[video=youtube;G-gZqGDaYTY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-gZqGDaYTY[/video]

Is that Gustáv Kyselica dealing with staging of combat scenes? If so, then...

OM NOM NOM

https://youtu.be/aldWXWLo3KQ?t=1h20m51s

Gimme more Kan-kiro combat scenes.

"The Sean Daniel Company [SDC], an established American production company - known for ‘The Mummy’ franchise, a new adaptation of ‘Ben-Hur’, which is currently in production, or the television series ‘The Expanse’ – has become Platige Films’ official partner in the preparation of the production of a full-length feature film about Geralt the witcher, the hero of Andrzej Sapkowski’s novels. The film will be based on themes from the short stories ‘The Witcher’ and ‘Lesser Evil’ from ‘The Last Wish’ collection. Tomasz Bagiński, who had been nominated for an Oscar for his film, ‘The Cathedral’, will be the director.

The film will be an introduction to the Witcher’s world and is planned to be the beginning of a series. Thania St. John, an experienced Hollywood scriptwriter, author of such television productions as ‘Grimm’, ‘Chicago Fire’ and ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’, is working on the script as well as on its film and television continuation.

The film is intended for international distribution, its world premiere is planned for 2017. Jarosław Sawko and Piotr Sikora will be the producers from Platige Films’ side and Sean Daniel and Jason Brown from the SDC’s side."

Source: http://www.platige.com/en/films/
Wow!

"The Mummy"? "Grimm"? "Buffy"? A bunch of indy people and small-timers?

I sure hope nobody has their hopes up. Just about everything that the people and companies tied to this movie have created have been cheesy, poorly-acted, and down-right moronic.

I really don't want to be a Negative Nancy, but this is troublesome....

At least it won't be as bad as "The Hexer", right? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom