Witcher - the movie - details released

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Eredin_Breacc_Glas My only hope about it is that Platige films is in it (You know, the company who made all the amazing Witcher CGI videos), and Tomasz Bagiński is the director. Of course, it will most probably not be good. But if I have a little hope, it's because of those reasons.

Last edited:
You are wrong. Nothing was changed form the books as the movie was based on the comic. Authors of the movie didnt even read the books in the first place.

It is misunderstanding of an old Sapkowski's joke. Some details were indeed taken from the comics, but only visual.

What about Agata Trzebuchowska for Ida Emean? She has already appeared in The Witcher 3 as an easter-egg :D

OK. I succumbed to temptation. 47:30 and yes, the Platige one. Doesn't say anything much though.

Last edited:
So basically nothing new. I love how AS is always bragging about knowing nine languages but well..I hope he knows the other ones better than English.

If Bagiński is really going to start shooting in 2016, as he planned, there should be some announcements soon

Last edited:
At what time in the interview?
47:36
https://youtu.be/IF8e2Km56Tk?t=2873
Summary:
Sapkowski said 1st time when Baginski asked him for rights for Witcher movie by Hollywood, He said no. He didnt need it. He doesnt trust Holywood can make a good movie. He is confident Russians can do a good Witcher movie tho.
Baginski was persistent and symphatetic and because Sapkowski is full of empathy He finally said Yes. Sapkowksi said that all (~50) sci fi /books made into movies by Hollywood were bad movies. He thinks Witcher movie will join this club but He would be very happy if it would not be the case.

So the expectations are low :(

About Sapkowskis English It is very good. The problem is the microphone at the video (bad configuration?).

Last edited:
The problem is the microphone at the video (bad configuration?).

The problem is that he's not holding the mic near his mouth

So the expectations are low

He's right saying that most of fantasy movies are bad. I mean, there are more popular writers than AS like Prachett and LeGuin and there's not even one good movie adaptation of their work. LOTR by Jackson was basically an exception that proves the rule. But who knows? This is Bagiński debut as a feature movie director. If it will be a flop he might never get a second chance, and he'll stuck in short form forever. That's his be or not to be so maybe Bagiński will nail it

Last edited:
About Sapkowskis English It is very good.
He is very communicative and efficient, but could work a bit on the accent and pronunciation of vowels :p

As for the Sapkowski's views: I remember him saying that some movies were better than books, like 82' "Conan the Barbarian". Though he doesn't like Robert E. Howard's stories, so this could be the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom