Witcher vets - is this the norm?

+
I think it would be fine as is if the repair kits weren't a one time use item. Make them more expensive and let you repair armor/weapons repeatedly after that.

Maybe it's just that, I thought the kits were repairing more than they actually were. I was also thinking that maybe using the wheel and the table to enhance, was lowering the quality but increasing damage.

The thing is that if this was included for realism, the way it was implemented makes no sense. You can't exactly stop in the middle of a fight to resharpen or straighten a sword, and broken fittings, bent plates, or pierced armor would all require a smith to handle. These are almost all things that Geralt wouldn't be handling himself, and for those that he would, it would make more sense to just have a notification telling you to meditate sometime soon so he can tend to his equipment, or that the damage is too severe and he needs to visit a smith of the appropriate level for his gear.

I wonder if early game gear has fast degradation rates because I had issues early on but now I'm level 12, I've been using the same two swords for 4-5 levels and I can only remember seeing that 50% warning once.

I don't really understand why people say equipment degrades too fast.
It's very rare that any of my equipment is damaged to below 65% and that's after many encounters.
Usually when I repair equipment, I'll have one piece near 65% or 70% and the rest is usually around 90%
Playing on Death March difficulty

Top Bottom