Would You Rather See Multiplayer Or More DLC/Expansions?

+

Multiplayer? Or Extra DLC/Expansions

• Total voters

mbrto

Forum regular
I suspect we will have quite a few minor content dlc and 2 big expansions for single player ,i think we will not see mp until the expansions are finished so at least late 23 , i dont expect a mmo level mp but a rdr2 online type experience , but by then the game will be a lot different

based on what? dont get me excited choom xD
but damn i really hope you are right

Hey, just a quick question I have, I'm wondering if people on here would rather sacrifice multiplayer and get more than 2 expansions and the avg amount of DLC? Or if they would rather we get just as much DLC as we did from the witcher and in a few years time see Cyberpunk multiplayer?

Personally I would rather see more single player expansions, but I want to hear all your thoughts too.

DLC / Expansions / more content that's easy for me, I couldn't care less about multiplayer. I'm not against it, just would rather see an amazing single player experience.

Last edited:
DLC. MP in this game would be a bigger dumpster fire than SP currently is. If the intent is to create a player vs player environment, the amount of balancing they'd have to do to make it worth anyone's time to play MP is more than they can handle, IMO.

Even co-op missions would likely be a waste of time, given how OP you can be as a single player. I don't see how having two or more OP players in a team doing missions would be any more compelling to play than SP currently is, without a major amount of work being put into balancing across the board.

Well, the only reason I look forward for multiplayer at the moment is that I think it would make it easier for modders to create a 3rd person view ... but apart from that I am more interested in single player content. I was so disappointed when there was no single player DLC for GTA 5 ...

they couldn't even get their singleplayer game to be balanced. can you even imagine what mp is going to look like if it only has 50% of the bugs and balancing issues the sp has? if they really want this to be a gta online type of experience (or something with lots of players playing at the same time on a map) how is that going to work with the type of traffic and npc AI we currently have?

cdpr are good story tellers and world builders, i have zero faith in them that they will make a well playing multiplayer. they should put all their efforts into improving the base cyberpunk game and release some amazing expansions, preferably more than 2.

The poll pretty much went as you would expect at this point, and I can only agree with OP. I would much rather see expansions than any multiplayer. Not only is multiplayer dead in the water with the lack of interactivity with the city as it stands atm, but I would honestly feel like I wouldn't even want to have multiplayer at all.

If it is a pvp or co-op based structure it is basically a glorified playground with a Cyberpunk skin over it. It would be a vanity farm fest with pvp and missions that would likely be void of any narrative but with our established characters serving as extras on the side. I don't dare think that there would be a battle royal mode since it feels dirty to imagine, that is just my opinion ofc. And am worried how healthy it would be for the team to be tempted to feed it with cosmetic microtransactions.

So lets say they try make it its own thing, if they were to do that they have to boost interactivity with the world, but that would simply follow what they need to do in the base game anyways, would they create a whole new NC story that is suited for co-op or would they just open up the map for people to go around do whatever following missions/events while looking sexy? Any new feature that would be present in multiplayer that could have any excitement would firstly again have to be implemented in the base game. I just don't see what multiplayer would bring that couldn't be solved with just an online mode in the base game that lets people roam and tackle tasks together. Why make an entire new game over it?

Is it just me or does multiplayer sound awfully like ditching story and characters? Cyberpunk is made on great characters, their stories, dialogue and our interaction with them. It is set on a great lore and has many themes to explore. Gunplay is fun but its nothing to write home about. Not focusing on where the game is strongest for the purpose of making a mode that artificially keeps people engaged sounds self defeating.

More expansions, more character development, dialogue, more stories in NC, more missing features and interactivity with the world, all of it in the base game. Tbh I think the pitch for multiplayer sounded good to them to promote to their investors, it is actually something that won't play off the strengths of the base game I am afraid.

Last edited:
cdpr are good story tellers

Now I think, TW3 was based on books and CP2077 (or 2020) is more a paper RPG with scenarios, this may be where it went wrong... Don't know which scenario the Devs have chosen with Johnny but cleary a bad one...

I think MP is a bad idea a this stade, the Devs should working on the bug and the DLCs to regain the trust/faith otherwise they will dig their own graves...

First some little DLCs that includes some features, and when the game is almost "cured" from bug , a big expansion would nice ( but a expansion for our main character, not for Johnny...)

I'm way more favorable to much more content for CP2077 in single player as I want to know what will happen to V and want to interact way much more with the world but, this said, I must admit that I would love to play with my close ones in Night City.

I guess it will depend on how they (CD Projekt) will make this MP game. If I can visit NC and play with my friends then I'm totally in for MP game, if it is an open lobby for anyone to log in (and potentially ruin my experience) then I won't play it.

...and Johnny is my hero ! (I just finished my second playthrough and I'm still kinda moved :cry:)

I mean, we have skills that slow down time for everyone except the player... how does that work in Multiplayer without completely altering the very nature of the abilities which do that?

Plus, given how much lag I get (even on my high end PC) I'd hate to see what Multiplayer would be like in that regard.

Why not just have a video game that isn't obsessed with "play with other people". What's wrong with a game that you play by yourself with no need to play with others?

There is no way that I personally could care LESS about multiplayer in this game...

I want all the elements CDPR first teased, then "promised"/showed off and then cut out. I'd like them to take a year (or even two) and make this the absoulute mind blowing game that we had all hoped it would be from the start.

If the multiplayer has much more content than the main game like GTA Online has over GTAV then multiplayer. Mostly because I don't like V's relic chip story and character development, I want my own character. And if CDPR makes it in a way that's possible to play it offline like Dark Souls I couldn't be happier.

Top Bottom