Wouldn't be nice to add pick-locking & pick-pocketing?

+
Wouldn't be nice to add pick-locking & pick-pocketing?

I was thinking the other day about the possibilities of pick-locking and pick-pocketing. Being able to steal NPC's chests or directly from their pockets would be so cool lol, add more chests with pick-lock difficulties, so you got to level up (by practicing) in order to get better chests with better items within it.

The better you get in pick-locking, the more chances you have to open a chest or jam it. If you jam it, you gotta wait a few days until is unjammed back again (or not?).

What do you guys think?

If it were a different game, perhaps. However, many locked chests are linked specifically to quests, or, in the case of some doors, have nothing behind them. It would require some additions and alterations to the game.

What do you guys think?

Pick-locking: I always hate when games limit to what chest you can open based on your lock picking skills. It either makes you waste skill points or get into save scumming... (and people complaining that they can save scum wasteland 2 :eek:)

Pick-pocketing: Geralt isn't a kleptomaniac, and even if it wasn't about him then there is already an abundance of gold as is. In TW3 it just be a waisted skill. IMO

Pickpocket and picklock don't fit the role of a Witcher. When you loot items, just think to yourself, they're free items prepared by the developers and free for us players to loot, and not owned by the NPC. But some loots outside houses are owned by NPC guards lol, just think whatever you see fit for them xD

Pick-pocketing: Extreme No.

Lock-picking: Only for doors [not associated with a quest] I bang my head against half my play sessions. ~laughs~ LET ME IN DAMN IT!

on that part its one of bad of this game unimmersive, looting in towns cities houses , lack of variety in items over and over the same items like the peasants got a need for alchemy powlder or witcher stuff... no A.I reaction to looting guards do react but rarely guard anything worth takeing

on this part the game is 2 /10 one of the biggest weaknesses

I think these are skills that need to be added to the next fantasy game produced by CDPR as i think they have to expand beyond telling a witcher story. They have told that story three times now, time to expand their horizons. But for witcher 3 it just doesn't fit who Geralt is.

Top Bottom