Xbone users are happy with the new patch meanwhile...

+
No mate its definitely not over hyped, 20 fps for more than 5 seconds is enough to ruin the experience for sure, it effects game play massively, input delay, get Hut on death March constantly, so people are rite to go crazy as it should of been fixed during testing, cdpr deserve everything they get atm

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_swamps_1_03-34759_en.html

If 20 fps to you is mass hysteria and exaggeration then you must be an ... well I won't say what.

or he is still in white orchard thinking framerate is buttery smooth which I have thought as well until I have stepped A FOOT on velen lol. (Reaching 1st tavern when it was raining)

People who are saying they're experiencing no framerate drops or whatever is load of BS. It seems like rain/fogs/mist/fire/smokes rly makes fps suffer by a lot.

i was just wandering around galloping on LAND w/ no rain and i experienced my fps to be constantly 20 (certain area with particles such as fog etc)

Last edited:
Some people claiming they have no FPS drops now? I don't understand it maybe they are saying they think it's ok with these FPS drops or they don't understand what it means?

All I can say is I am a good 80 hours into the game, have explored Velen fully including big cities like Novigrad under bad weather and heavy shadows and still have not had these game breaking or even experience hindering fps.. I have minor hiccups from time to time, primarily during loading. I refer Fallout 3 alot for bad fps comparison because it was soo bad when I got that game from release. When exploring, the game would freeze for full 2-3 seconds, then you would skip and stutter during the fighting. You would walk into a room and the objects would shoot off into all directions as if they were shrapnel from a grenade. NPC's would load up all wonky too. It was atrocious and literally that was game breaking for me. Witcher 3 has its moments but it doesnt ruin my experience or is by any means game breaking. I dont sit there and stare at my character frozen in time like I did Fallout, or have issues where my character literally moves like hes in the Matrix. I really wish people would understand what we are trying to say instead of turning the whole thing on us like we are stupid/inexperienced or attention seeking. The fps is good enough for me and others to enjoy the game, bottom line. I personally want CD Projekt Red to focus on important stuff vs cosmetics right now. Thats just me though and I am not trying to offend people by stating my opinions either.

All I can say is I am a good 80 hours into the game, have explored Velen fully including big cities like Novigrad under bad weather and heavy shadows and still have not had these game breaking or even experience hindering fps.. I have minor hiccups from time to time, primarily during loading. I refer Fallout 3 alot for bad fps comparison because it was soo bad when I got that game from release. When exploring, the game would freeze for full 2-3 seconds, then you would skip and stutter during the fighting. You would walk into a room and the objects would shoot off into all directions as if they were shrapnel from a grenade. NPC's would load up all wonky too. It was atrocious and literally that was game breaking for me. Witcher 3 has its moments but it doesnt ruin my experience or is by any means game breaking. I dont sit there and stare at my character frozen in time like I did Fallout, or have issues where my character literally moves like hes in the Matrix. I really wish people would understand what we are trying to say instead of turning the whole thing on us like we are stupid/inexperienced or attention seeking. The fps is good enough for me and others to enjoy the game, bottom line. I personally want CD Projekt Red to focus on important stuff vs cosmetics right now. Thats just me though and I am not trying to offend people by stating my opinions either.

I, for one, understand what you are getting at.
But, you have to remember, a good chunk of gamers (myself included) are more susceptible to a low, fluctuating frame rate.
In fact, a friend of mine has the same thing with anything below 60, and has pc set ups that can consistently hit 80+ frames on even the newest games. Anything less and he gets a headache the same way i get it at 20ish.
That is why we have the unsaid rule of 30 frames on consoles in place. It is ,on average, the very minimum required to get a smooth and fluid image experience. Anything less, again on average, and you start to see for what it really is, a series of still images shown in rapid succession.
Now, your threshold is obviously lower than that, and bless you because that is almost a gift from the heavens.
But surely you can see that for a select few of us anything less that 30 is not just "unimportant cosmetic stuff"? It pulls us out of the illusion if you will, and it just isnt enjoyable, or even playable.
On a sidenote, it also affects gameplay, trying to fight effectively in the bog for example becomes almost a chore. Everything feels delayed and slow and "off". Well, for me anyway.

But, in the end there should not even be a competition on what get fixed and whatnot etc.
Everything should be in a serviceble state.
This is my first CDPR game, and before i purchased the game i noticed on various forums and web articles that they have quite the impressive streed cred amongst gamers, so i am not worried. Heck, if they want to fix quest bugs first etc and tackle the frame rate last, fine and dandy with me. As long as they do look at it.
Anyway, my 2 cents, brother :) enjoy the game.

But, in the end there should not even be a competition on what get fixed and whatnot etc.
This is my first CDPR game, and before i purchased the game i noticed on various forums and web articles that they have quite the impressive streed cred amongst gamers, so i am not worried. Heck, if they want to fix quest bugs first etc and tackle the frame rate last, fine and dandy with me. As long as they do look at it.

Agreed. I wish folks would stop arguing on these threads about what constitutes valid complaints. That's not what the forum is for. Bugs and FPS are not mutually exclusive problems. CD Projekt are more than capable of prioritising what's fixable and what's feasible based on user feedback. They know bettter than any of us that the fps is not acceptable in certain parts of the PS4 version, but they will likely fix other glitches first. Patience is required on this one.

But then what are you actualy doing in this thread? If 20 fps doesn't bother you then move on and stop trying to downplay what is game breaking for people who find it difficult to play slides how, I know it's certain times and certain places but it's no excuse

The fps is good enough for me and others to enjoy the game, bottom line. I personally want CD Projekt Red to focus on important stuff vs cosmetics right now. Thats just me though and I am not trying to offend people by stating my opinions either.

It's also not good for me and others so... I don't really understand your reasoning here. 20 fps isn't by any means acceptable, and just because you're blind as bat (you must be if you don't see drops to 20) doesn't mean there's no problem here, this should be their main focus on the "fix list" alongside things like quest/xp bugs.

I, for one, understand what you are getting at.
But, you have to remember, a good chunk of gamers (myself included) are more susceptible to a low, fluctuating frame rate.
In fact, a friend of mine has the same thing with anything below 60, and has pc set ups that can consistently hit 80+ frames on even the newest games. Anything less and he gets a headache the same way i get it at 20ish.
That is why we have the unsaid rule of 30 frames on consoles in place. It is ,on average, the very minimum required to get a smooth and fluid image experience. Anything less, again on average, and you start to see for what it really is, a series of still images shown in rapid succession.
Now, your threshold is obviously lower than that, and bless you because that is almost a gift from the heavens.
But surely you can see that for a select few of us anything less that 30 is not just "unimportant cosmetic stuff"? It pulls us out of the illusion if you will, and it just isnt enjoyable, or even playable.
On a sidenote, it also affects gameplay, trying to fight effectively in the bog for example becomes almost a chore. Everything feels delayed and slow and "off". Well, for me anyway.

Anyway, my 2 cents, brother :) enjoy the game.

completely agree. i personally cant understand why some people glaze over fps issues. regardless of whether someone believes there are or not. facts are facts and cannot be disputed. we have footage now showing that the ps4 version drops to 20fps. sometimes for sustained periods. it is immersion breaking for many people. when i was younger yes fps didnt bother me at all. but when you get older, and i think this applies to most people it is harder to be immersed. and performance plays a massive part in that. the issue is if we accept 20 why not 15, why not 10? technically they are not game breaking. you can still play. as above i personally believe that 30 should be the minimum for any game. the definition "game breaking" is completely subjective and means something different for everyone. is the fps game breaking? no it isnt. is the fps game breaking in the bog or when it drops to 20 fps? for many, yes it will be.

and you have to understand it's alot better going from 80 fps down to 60 it still feels smooth

but when we are on console and they already give us a low fps to start with (30 fps) and it drops to 20 or 25 ?

that just isent good enough.and when a game does that 20 fps i mean really no matter what console or pc you are on that is a big
gamebreaker for everyone.

Top Bottom