Xbox 360 search glitch

+
Xbox 360 search glitch

I have recieved the witcher 2 enhanced edition about a week ago and i love it. I installed the game, installed all the required patched and got right into and put about 15 hours into it. Everything was going good until i load up a save and suddenly there is no preview telling me what im about to search (instead of going to a chest and showing the items in it all it does is give me a promt to search it without showing anything at all). This is for all lootable objects (chests, bags, trunks, corpses, herbs/flowers etc...). Also whenever i enable an enhancement or potion, there is no timer displaying how long it is lasting. Everything was fine up until this random save and i tried uninstalling then reinstalling the game, clearing the cache on my xbox, and even loading previous saves, but what was once a perfect save now has the problem and has infected all my previous saves (and autosaves). While this will not entirely ruin the game for me it is a very inconvienient problem and takes away from my experience. Any help or ideas will be much appreciated thank you

I actually have NO idea what you are talking about. Ummm, I thought it was NORMAL for just the search prompt to appear and that you can't see what's in the container until you loot it. As far as I know, you have to loot the container and what you get shows up on the side of the screen. You can't se what's in the container beforehand. So I'm confused what you are talking about.

I HAVE had an "invisible" loot glitch though and all it took was me reseeting my 360 and the problem instantly solved. I just do that every time that happens. Like I would loot a container, it makes the looting sound, but nothing shows up on the side of the screen. Just resetting my 360 solved it.

Forum veteran
SeekersLegacy said:
I actually have NO idea what you are talking about. Ummm, I thought it was NORMAL for just the search prompt to appear and that you can't see what's in the container until you loot it.
Nope. I have a video from the Xbox 360 version that shows what looting should look like, though only for a brief moment: Linkage

Not seeing a preview of the items would be pretty irritating, but not seeing potion timers could be potentially deadly for those who rely on them.

My potion timers work fine, but I still have never gotten a container "preview". Do you think it could be because I'm playing on Dark Mode? I have never EVER had a "preview" before I looted a container and it never bothered me because I thought it was normal. I just loot and it tells me what I received on the side of the screen. I thought it was like, opening a present, not knowing what you're going to get. Could the "preview" be disabled in Dark Mode? I'm on Chapter 2 and like I said, I've never had a "preview" come up.

Wow, and here the fact that I actually see what I can loot before I loot is something I really like about the game. I haven't had the issue with not seeing the timers on potions/oils - those show up just fine for me, centered at the top of the screen.

But yeah, I totally get a preview of what's in something that can be looted before I loot. My games been that way since I started it up.

Forum veteran
SeekersLegacy said:
My potion timers work fine, but I still have never gotten a container "preview". Do you think it could be because I'm playing on Dark Mode?
Doubt it. It seems to have happened suddenly to OP for no reason, and I found a random video from the Xbox version on dark mode where it shows up: video

I don't think there's anything that can really be done apart from making CDPR aware of the problem. A few more bugs like this and it'll warrant a dedicated bug list thread for the Xbox version.

Well it hasn't bothered me or impeded on my gameplay, really. It's not a real game breaking. So I guess I'll just keep rolling with it. I guess it's a good thing it never worked for me because if I thought it was normal and I could still play and progress just fine, I don't see it causing a huge problem.

Well sort of.
On my HDTV I had the looting window and really appreciate it. But currently I play on an SDTV and besides the small font and the missing option to change it my looting window is also missing. It's not a big deal, because you have to pick up everything but it's irritating imo.

Top Bottom