Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean:
-Yen with the WH for four years (now it prove Geralt isn't the best tracker :D)
-Or Geralt with the Hunt for four years ? This make more sense, but the wiki timeline said otherwise. Now i don't know what to believe anymore ...
Looking at the game's timeline TW1 starts in 1270, 2 years after the ending of the books. But the game itself is stating that 5 years has passed (which isn't true at this point). W2 takes place in 1271 and W3 in 1272.

So it's 4 years.

I like this moment - how Geral'ts looks at her here...too bad about the wolfs hunting symbolism though (I was like wtf? ) - I guess we all would prefer only them (right?)

The timeline in the games is seriously messed up.
Speaking of timelines, the one in The Last Wish confuses me a bit, I know that the Temple is the furthest point ahead in time, and that meeting Yen is before it, but I don't know when Geralt's other story with Dandelion takes place, before or after Yen.

Also Foltest, is that before or after Yen? And is it before or after the Edge of the World short story? Or after?

Dammit! The wolves... Geralt catching Yen's hiidden tender side? or Wild Hunt is closer Ciri while they of both are... fixing the tear in the fabric?

Oh, my... Rep will hate me today with this sudden avalanche of puns of mine :facepalm:

Blood of Elves is the first book of the Witcher saga. You could say that it goes after the Sword of Destiny so after you're done with SoD just jump right into BoE.

I think BoE is the best book for both game Triss and game Yen fans, Triss fans get a lot of that booty in this one, but so do Satan (Yen) worshippers - especially after the painful events of "Something More". It's worth to wait for the 7th chapter.

The order I did two times so far and it worked out great, ended up being depressed and crying like a little bitch on random occasions and activities during the day:

The Last Wish collection (7 stories + 7 voices of reason I believe) -> The Sword of Destiny collection (The Bounds of Reason, A Shard of Ice, Eternal Flame, A Little Sacrifice, The Sword of Destiny and Something More) -> Witcher saga (all 5 books in their order).

If I get hungry for Yennefer (um, don't kill me for that IF please, sometimes I have to remind myself I actually have a wife and try to not think about Yen, but damn it's pretty hard) I read just particular stories/tales and these would be "Last Wish" from "The Last Wish" collection, then The Bounds of Reason, A Shard of Ice and Something more from The Sword of Destiny collection. Then if I feel like I still need more and can't stop crying until I read it all, I jump to the last chapter of Blood of Elves and then eventually read whole Time of Contempt. That eventually results in promising myself to finish reading the whole saga for the 3rd time (next 3 books after ToC) but all I was able to manage so far was to read the last one which kinda helped me dealing with my random bursts of tears. :)
I get what you're saying but stating that BoE is the third books is somewhat confusing for newcomers. It's the first novel yeah, hence starting the "real" saga (a full story divided in 5 books) but imho all the 7 books are a complete story (example "A question of price" short story is important as many events of the novels).

Just nitpicking a bit. :p

EDIT: You edited the post while I was replying, shame on you! :wat:

She looks so evil here :devil:
And i like how it's Yen who's taking care of business and Geralt just stands there,admiring the view :D

Hey they cut most important thing from the image - she is performing necromancy - on picture and above Yen is dead corpse...no lying...I can take a picture for you from the offical ART BOOK! :D

Speaking of timelines, the one in The Last Wish confuses me a bit, I know that the Temple is the furthest point ahead in time, and that meeting Yen is before it, but I don't know when Geralt's other story with Dandelion takes place, before or after Yen.

Also Foltest, is that before or after Yen? And is it before or after the Edge of the World short story? Or after?

the striga happens right before the framing story in the temple

Dandelion's story takes place before Yen's,and Foltest's story takes place after Yen's and Dandelion's.

And i like how it's Yen who's taking care of business and Geralt just stands there,admiring the view

she just wanted to stay in the foreground
geralt wasn't asked...

Hey they cut most important thing from the image - she is performing necromancy - on picture and above Yen is dead corpse...no lying...I can take a picture for you from the offical ART BOOK!

really ? i did not know.

The timeline is a mess. SoS throws another wretch into as it apparently plays out in 1245, 6 years before Cintra and by that time Yen and Geralt have already broken up, so Geralt had to met Dandy sometimes in 1243 at least and that does not make sense as Dandelion would be like 18 at best at that point, still at the Uni.

This is my personal chronological order, I hope it helps.

Short stories
Road with No Return
A Grain of Truth
The Lesser Evil
The Edge of the World
The Last Wish
A Matter of Price (actually, it could be before Last Wish, but for me it works both ways)

Novel
Season of Storms

Short stories
The Witcher
Voice of Reason
Limits of the Possible
A Shard of Ice
The Eternal Fire
A Little Sacrifice
The Sword of Destiny
Something More

Novels: