Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you. I'd use a gif but you know...I'm afraid :D

edit: damn @daveyido you changed the gif, now you made me look like a fool quoting myself

Last edited:
In a video game, you decide, the player, or at least the illusion has to be that good. This is not real life.

In RL you decide how react and how control your emotions. Human brain allow you t choice. Freedom is not let your emotions win but how win without denying your emotions

A strong narrative is supposed to create strong emotions, in this Yen is a very successful character, she brings out in me strong emotions of dislike, speaking exclusively from the 3 games experience, the woman who you set out to find at the very begging ends up being a disappointment , oh well , some would say she was always beside you, Triss.

Triss was that character for me in the first game, I never trusted her, never liked her on the first game. She was more palatable in TW2, but the damage was already done.

Yennefer, on the other hand, never lied to me in game.

Well, here is the opposite as you can't soften the word "ugly" in English :D

I think that English translator should have invented some neologism with diminutive suffix, IDK, like 'weirdsie' (far from aim, but better than 'ugly')

Or played it like in Russian translation - Yen call her 'duckling' with a reference to Hans Christian Andersen tale. Before I've read these moments in Polish and English I didn't even suspect that it's been brought not by Sapkowski himself, because there are a lot of links to other fairy tales in books (Cinderella, Snow White, etc.)

Last edited:
It's quite common for people to mistake confidence for arrogance.

Ok try, total lack of empathy, complete disregard for feelings and opinions of others, actions driven purely for selfish reasons, untrustworthy, total lack of intellectuality, wears the same clothes and perfume, boring, treats her lover and closest friends like dirt and works for the biggest asshole in the game.

Ok try, total lack of empathy, complete disregard for feelings and opinions of others, actions driven purely for selfish reasons, untrustworthy, total lack of intellectuality, wears the same clothes and perfume, boring, treats her lover and closest friends like dirt and works for the biggest asshole in the game.

Pretty much totally wrong :p

Anyways, in Bulgarian she calls Ciri something like "Cute Little Ugly Duckling" . Again :p
Both the diminutive and the reference to the classic tale :) !

Selfish reasons? All Yennefer made was for SAVE CIRI or release Geralt from a spell. Which selfish reasons?????

Triss, on the other hand, was trying to save some mages yadda yadda...

Still blickering with newcomers who just don't know the background?

Feel the real butthurt. Old but gold :veryangry:

:angry2: : Jaskier, why did you not tell Geralt the truth?
:surprised: : Yennefer, my friend! I did! In The Witcher 2.

:angry2: : I'm asking about The Witcher 1!
:surprised:: Hosts of heaven, kill me if I'm lying! It was not me, I swear, it was a doppler!

:angry2:: Vesemir, what the hell? If you don't like me you could tell him only about Ciri!
:confusion:: Put back my hat, Lambert!
:angry2:: Lambert, you! Tell me the truth!
:nice:: What is the truth? The truth is a shard of ice.

:yawn:: See, Yen? Just like I told you.

actions driven purely for selfish reasons

Everyting Yennefer does in the game is motivated by one thing : trying to find and save Ciri

untrustworthy,
Where exactly? When does she deceive Geralt?

total lack of intellectuality

:rofl: :rofl:

wears the same clothes and perfume

Well, you're not playing as her so...everyone else in the game wears the same clothes..but no worries, you have DLC costume

:rofl:

Man, I honestly advice you, if you don''t mind of course, to transmit this opinions of yours to CDPR writers. Maybe you could help the community to improve the game. Really. Not kidding at all.

If you'd read this thread from its begining (and don't ask you to do it, almost 9000 posts s a foolish!) you'd be aware that this is one of our worries about Yennefer charcter in TW3. Her introduction to newcomers in the game. You are perfectly right don't like the portrait you've got from the first frame in TW3, it's more usual than one can believes. But some gamers just decide to give a try on Yen. Some are very well surprised later.

I agree those who read the books tend to have a different opinion, this is perhaps the biggest cause of the contrast of opinion, I tried Yen, I really did, in fact I'm doing a Yen run right now, thats why I'm a bit pissed. lol fucking can't stand her ..haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom