Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically yes.
So she should disapprove his choice? Should scold him for choosing Triss, who she is in very good relationship with? Scold him for choosing on his own, without being influenced? Look, you all pretend they are like traditional family, but they haven't lived together even half a year. Of course she wants them both to be happy, but why should she object if Geralt's happiness isn't connected with Yen anymore? She doesn't even intend to live with them.
I see, you liked my word "mature", so much sarcasm around. But it would reall be immature of her to scold him for his own choice.

So she should disapprove his choice? Should scold him for choosing Triss, who she is in very good relationship with? Scold him for choosing on his own, without being influenced? Look, you all pretend they are like traditional family, but they haven't lived together even half a year. Of course she wants them both to be happy, but why should she object if Geralt's happiness isn't connected with Yen anymore? She doesn't even intend to live with them.
I see, you liked my word "mature", so much sarcasm around. But it would reall be immature of her to scold him for his own choice.
God forbid if we'll have at least one character in the game,who disapproves of Geralt's decision.Why shouldn't she disapprove of the fact that Geralt dumped her mother?

There is a lot of grey between black and white. Just because I say that she shouldn't be that indiffernt doesn't automatically mean that she should scold him. How about being disappointed? About showing complex feelings? Sadness? Fear? Anger? Incomprehension? There is a whole palette of possible feelings for her. But then again it makes of course little sense if she has indeed no dauther feelings for Yen in the first place (like it's implied in the game basically everywhere)

I dont think anyone is asking for Ciri to scold Geralt or throw a green screaming trantrum thingy. And obviously she isnt the 13/14 year old girl from the books but she literally acts as if Yennefer is some strange women who doesnt have good intentions for her. Shes quite cold to her. Even the hug at kaer morhen looks a little insecure. And then thats it......Perhaps people were holding some hope (last hope, depending on expansions) that they would be thrown a bone and Ciri might show something about her relationship with Yen? Anyway..

I can agree that Ciri is too flawless and too idealistic in the games. I would have prefered if some of her actions from the books (like killing innocent people for pleasure) would have had a bigger impact (or any influence at all) on her character in the games. But we are not talking about how books Ciri might have behaved, but how games ciri might react and her reaction seems perfectly in character for her. And even books Ciri might have reacted very different 8 years later. It's definitely not ooc like some people here are trying to make it. Not for books ciri and even less for games ciri.

Problem is that at this point EVERY reaction from Ciri (that also aligns with Geralt's ) is fair game.

She is no real character. At this point random bandits in STALKER have more character than her... she is there to make the player feel good. And that is NOT how Ciri, for all her faults should be.

Decided to throw my two cents in after all, but at the rate this topic gets new posts, it will probably be buried deep in two seconds. :)

I couldn't care less about what they do to Triss line. Seriously. This line simply doesn't exist for me, so why should I bother with if it's canon or out of character? For me choosing Triss is out of character on its own so it doesn't matter what dialog options this line has.

But I really don't want them to do anything about already perfect Yen line. Again, seriously. Lack of dwelling on what's happened feels good. I like it how Yen stops Geralt from doing it, because dwelling would ruin these precious moments they had.

The way I see it, they're adding new dialog options that players may or may not use. Again, it's the choice. Why should I be mad at choices? I don't get mad when I get a choice to romance Triss, I simply ignore it and pick another option. If I'll still have the choice to ignore all this dwelling, why should I be mad at the fact that it exists?

Decided to throw my two cents in after all, but at the rate this topic gets new posts, it will probably be buried deep in two seconds. :)

I couldn't care less about what they do to Triss line. Seriously. This line simply doesn't exist for me, so why should I bother with if it's canon or out of character? For me choosing Triss is out of character on its own so it doesn't matter what dialog options this line has.

But I really don't want them to do anything about already perfect Yen line. Again, seriously. Lack of dwelling on what's happened feels good. I like it how Yen stops Geralt from doing it, because dwelling would ruin these precious moments they had.

The way I see it, they're adding new dialog options that players may or may not use. Again, it's the choice. Why should I be mad at choices? I don't get mad when I get a choice to romance Triss, I simply ignore it and pick another option. If I'll still have the choice to ignore all this dwelling, why should I be mad at the fact that it exists?
The problem with the other choices is that they seem bad choices. The choices you are given does not equal choosing right and I actually like to be Geralt the way I want him to be. But in this particular situation I cannot.

Even though I do agree about the Ciri not showing any relation towards Yen, I wouldn't get mad about the Triss dialogue. It's there IF the player wanted to CHOOSE her. Like Wasteland_Ghost, I agree 100% with his post.

I agree. But still I'd like the game to make sense always, no matter what option you pick..it can't be like : You pick Yen --> everything's fine, you pick Triss- ignoring the book lore etc

nd obviously she isnt the 13/14 year old girl from the books

Wrong. Mentally she's even worse than that. All the so called choices in the last act only work based on that premise.

Ciri was always described as one of the most strong-willed persons evers by Sapkowski. Book-Ciri wouldn't have asked Geralt for his permission for doing stuff. She would have just done it. But I guess it's cool to kill off Ciri's supposedly best character trait (for which he was applauded by both Vesemir and all the sorceresses from the lodge) without adding another one (being indifferent is not a good character trait)....

It's almost like they turned Ciri in a really mentally disordered person in the game, a person with multiple personalities. Either that or they simply fucked her up. And of course Yen suffers by that as well because being a mother was her primary motivation in the books. Stripped again. Is that on purpose that CDPR stripped all the defining character traits and motives from core characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom