Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very dissatisfied with Yennefer's reason for not looking for Geralt once she was freed again, so I thought I'll come up will something better and more reasonable (for me, at least).

Geralt: "One thing before we go. Why didn't you contact me? Didn't need me? Didn't even want to see me?"

Yen: "Believe me, Geralt. That was the first thing I wanted to do. Who would be a better person to save Ciri from danger after all? But Emperor Emyhr, he didn't want you to get involved. He said you have too much influence on Ciri. Fortunately, given the current circumstances, the Emperor had no choice but to accept my recommendation."

Two reasons I think this is better (not the wording, but the general idea):
1) Yen's reason in the game was ridiculously stupid! Ciri was in danger! The original dialogue makes her looks like a jealous and petty ex-wife who is willing to risk her daughter's life for some stupid reason. That doesn't fit her character at all. She is not a person who only thinks with her vagina! Besides, Ciri is Geralt's 'daughter', he will go to hell to rescue Ciri if that's what it takes, and he will definitely succeed.
2) Emyhr and Geralt doesn't like each other. Emyhr has every reason to keep Geralt away from Ciri, especially if he has plans for Ciri. To Emyhr, Geralt would be the last person on the continent who will deliver Ciri to him willingly. He even said he didn't expect you (Geralt) to keep your words when you bring Ciri to him!

Anyway, this is my first attempt in creating dialogues. Feel free to give me some feedback. Cheers.

The first Witcher team: Good, we can do what we want. Geralt had even no sex with cute Triss on the pages, time to fix it. And of course, No Yennefer!

The second Witcher team: Damn bookfans, okay, we'll add Yennefer in flashbacks. That's enough for them. But Trissy in priority!

The third Witcher team: Ouch!! It hurts!! Please stop, Konrad!! Stop kicking us!! We'll add her!! I swear I mean it! Want a unicorn? Aaaaahh, my nose..Konrad, bro, please, we have families, you do not have to kill us! We all love Yennefer, okay? Guys, unicorn, asap!

: "Mhm..."

:angry2: : "Spare me you juvenile wit, please"

The first Witcher team: Good, we can do what we want. Geralt had even no sex with cute Triss on the pages, time to fix it. And of course, No Yennefer!

The second Witcher team: Damn bookfans, okay, we'll add Yennefer in flashbacks. That's enough for them. But Trissy in priority!

The third Witcher team: Ouch!! It hurts!! Please stop, Konrad!! Stop kicking us!! We'll add her!! I swear I mean it! Want a unicorn? Aaaaahh, my nose..Konrad, bro, please, we have families, you do not have to kill us! We all love Yennefer, okay? Guys, unicorn, asap!

LOL it probably happened - wondering if there are some active devs on forums which actually are fans of Yennefer. (GingerEffect and ReDDoringen said openly they are Triss fans).

Oh well...probably there is only Konrad and character artists and Yen's model designer....oh I forgot Aleksandra Motyka (author of the Wolven Storm text)

The Tower Of Swallow. Skellige. Kaer Trolde. Megascope conversation between Yennefer, Triss and Philippa.

As I said, I don't see that as a betrayal, nothing more than a mistake which was made by trusting the wrong side. Since I'm not trying to argue over this, just trying to point out that my point of view on the matter is as valid as yours, I'll drop it here, it's going off-topic.

Not only for me. For everyone who wants to know the characters better.

And you chose the wrong thread then. Yennefer is on 95% - the book character.
We are not ignoring the books here.

As you shouldn't, I never said "Ignore the books" my argument was about CD Projekt RED involvement in the characters development, they took what the character did good and they built on it, they made it even better, perhaps one of the best characters The witcher 3 has to offer, both her and Yennefer are vital in game, I just don't like people pretending that either one of them is less than who she is and what she should be.

I was very dissatisfied with Yennefer's reason for not looking for Geralt once she was freed again, so I thought I'll come up will something better and more reasonable (for me, at least).

Geralt: "One thing before we go. Why didn't you contact me? Didn't need me? Didn't even want to see me?"

Yen: "Believe me, Geralt. That was the first thing I wanted to do. Who would be a better person to save Ciri from danger after all? But Emperor Emyhr, he didn't want you to get involved. He said you have too much influence on Ciri. Fortunately, given the current circumstances, the Emperor had no choice but to accept my recommendation."

Two reasons I think this is better (not the wording, but the general idea):
1) Yen's reason in the game was ridiculously stupid! Ciri was in danger! The original dialogue makes her looks like a jealous and petty ex-wife who is willing to risk her daughter's life for some stupid reason. That doesn't fit her character at all. She is not a person who only thinks with her vagina! Besides, Ciri is Geralt's 'daughter', he will go to hell to rescue Ciri if that's what it takes, and he will definitely succeed.
2) Emyhr and Geralt doesn't like each other. Emyhr has every reason to keep Geralt away from Ciri, especially if he has plans for Ciri. To Emyhr, Geralt would be the last person on the continent who will deliver Ciri to him willingly. He even said he didn't expect you (Geralt) to keep your words when you bring Ciri to him!

Anyway, this is my first attempt in creating dialogues. Feel free to give me some feedback. Cheers.
She didn't act like "who only thinks with her vagina!". She act the same as in books. She has her reason not to ask Geralt to help her search Ciri... I don't have quote from books right now about why she didn't ask Geralt for help but if you want to know I can find it.

---------- Updated at 07:25 AM ----------

As I said, I don't see that as a betrayal, nothing more than a mistake which was made by trusting the wrong side. Since I'm not trying to argue over this, just trying to point out that my point of view on the matter is as valid as yours, I'll drop it here, it's going off-topic.
If you have read the books you know that even Triss knows that it was betrayal :\ she even agree with this when she was speaking with Yennefer before Rivia. Though you can think that it was mistake, it's your opinion.

Yes. That is how it is. Sapkowski is not a video game designer. He is no real authority on the games.

On the books? He is the only authority.

Remember people, CDPR are book fans first. Witcher wont exist without those books.

Absolutely. That wasn't the point I was trying to make though. The point I was trying to make was, the games are a part of that sequel, a huge part of it. It's actually the reason why we're here having those discussions, since the other character we were discussing seen most of her development in the games. So, for people to deem everything that this character did as "bad" and saying that she's "invalid" for making a mistake which was considered unintentional by a lot of people who read the books and disregarding everything else she did that was considered good is wrong and that was the point I was trying to make.

---------- Updated at 07:30 AM ----------

If you have read the books you know that even Triss knows that it was betrayal :\ she even agree with this when she was speaking with Yennefer before Rivia. Though you can think that it was mistake, it's your opinion.

That's called being conscious and taking responsibility, that's a part of trying to earn someone's forgiveness for making a mistake, plus, it wasn't Yennefer's forgiveness that she was after, it was Geralt's, Ciri never held it against her, she was actually trying to defuse the situation if I remember correctly.

Yeah, people are diffirent. For someone when you're asking your friend for help and your friend's wiping his feet of you instead is a normal and common thing and not even close to betrayal.

As you shouldn't, I never said "Ignore the books" my argument was about CD Projekt RED involvement in the characters development, they took what the character did good and they built on it, they made it even better, perhaps one of the best characters The witcher 3 has to offer, both her and Yennefer are vital in game, I just don't like people pretending that either one of them is less than who she is and what she should be.

Nobody's pretending. Try to read in context.

That's called being conscious and taking responsibility, that's a part of trying to earn someone's forgiveness for making a mistake, plus, it wasn't Yennefer's forgiveness that she was after, it was Geralt's, Ciri never held it against her, she was actually trying to defuse the situation if I remember correctly.
None of them knew what part Triss had taken in all this situation, only Yennefer. Sure Geralt and Ciri could forgive her betrayal but we will never know about this as they never learned truth about Triss role in lodge plans.

Yeah, people are diffirent. For someone when you're asking your friend for help and your friend's wiping his feet of you instead is a normal and common thing and not even close to betrayal.

That may be how you see it, it's now how she saw it. She definitely did enough after that to make sure that she made up for it.

Nobody's pretending. Try to read in context.

I've read them very well, you obviously haven't.

---------- Updated at 07:38 AM ----------

None of them knew what part Triss had taken in all this situation, only Yennefer. Sure Geralt and Ciri could forgive her betrayal but we will never know about this as they never learned truth about Triss role in lodge plans.

Ciri should've, she wasn't away during most of the conversation. She only left after Yennefer got angry and they started arguing over Geralt.

---------- Updated at 07:40 AM ----------

I'm sure they probably went over it during the few years they spent on the Island of Avalon, that was never proven and it's open for interpretation of course ;)

That may be how you see it, it's now how she saw it.

Useless trying to make an objective thing only as my sub opinion.

She definitely did enough after that to make sure that she made up for it.

Yeah, she realized it. And betrayed Geralt for the Lodge again.

I've read them very well, you obviously haven't.

Of coure you did everything right and I did not cause I'm just a blind Yenfag.

However anyway it's a wrong thread for you.

@Gerald007

Only this point:

Take the woman who has been your friend and the partnair fo the man who has been and sitll being your bestfriend. You like her and desire her but you know she is the girlfirend of yhou bestfriend. One day they discuted. She is with you a few later, She is broken-down, she feels really bad. And you decide to give her some alcoholic drinks, and when she is drunk enough you take advantage and bang her, You dream come true...at which price? Do you really should act this way with the bestfriend of yours?

2.- Your friend, a beautiful woman who with you were and still being in love but, she loves your bestfriend, has suffered a crash, she has lost her memories. She doesn't recognize you. Although, she tells you she is sure to have feeling for a man more or less like you. You know who is this man, your bestfriend, but you decide to remain silent, you bang her and let's her beleve that her mistake is the true.

Should you really act this way? Will you search any nonsense excuse just because you reach to bang her like in your dreams? Is this what friendship means? bang friends who aren't in love with yhou in the first ocasion you have? Well. IMO, I place the worth of friendship in a higher levsl than that behavior. Perhaps my parents failled when the try to educated me.

EDIT. sorry for the use of "bang" I don't know what is the correct termi english... mate perhaps?

Last edited:
Useless trying to make an objective thing only as my sub opinion.

No it's not, you know what I meant.

Yeah, she realized it. And betrayed Geralt for the Lodge again.

When and where?

Of coure you did everything right and I did not cause I'm just a blind Yenfag.

However anyway it's a wrong thread for you.

I never called you that nor even implied it, also, Yennefer happened to be my favorite character as well.

It's the wrong thread for me because I disagree with your opinions? I was only trying to help you see things from a different perspective.

---------- Updated at 07:49 AM ----------

@Gerald007

Only this point:

Take the woman who has been your friend and the partnair fo the man who has been and sitll being your bestfriend. You like her and desire her but you know she is the girlfirend of yhou bestfriend. One day they discuted. She is with you a few later, She is broken-down, she feels really bad. And you decide to give her some alcoholic drinks, and when she is drunk enough you take advantage and bang her, You dream come true...at which price? Do you really should act this way with the bestfriend of yours?

2.- Your friend, a beautiful woman who with you were and still being in love but, she loves your bestfriend, has suffered a crash, she has lost her memories. She doesn't recognize you. Although, she tells you she is sure to have feeling for a man more or less like you. You know who is this man, your bestfriend, but you decide to remain silent, you bang her and let's her beleve that her mistake is the true.

Should you really act this way? Will you search any nonsense excuse just because you reach to bang her like in your dreams? Is this what friendship means? bang friends who aren't in love with yhou in the first ocasion you have? Well. IMO, I place the worth of friendship in a higher levsl than that behavior. Perhaps my parents failled when the try to educated me.

EDIT. sorry for the use of "bang" I don't know what is the correct termi english... mate perhaps?

No worries at all, banging works fine or we could say having sex or intercourse, that happened to be the plot we're dealing with, I just see it differently and I don't think that she was trying to take advantage of anyone, that's simply how it all started. I'm not really trying to argue and too much off-topic, so I'm gonna drop it.

P.S.

I like your avatar btw.

Last edited:
No it's not, you know what I meant.

Just read this thread and stop pretending as a preacher.

When and where?

Kidding? You'd tried so hard to show how ignorant I am: read the books, play the games etc. and now you're asking when and where?

in The Witcher II

It's the wrong thread for me because I disagree with your opinions? I was only trying to help you see things from a different perspective.

Nope, we had enough good conversations with diffirent and even absolutely opposite opinions there. Where everyone respects each other's opinion.
It's a wrong thread for you because you're wasting your time trying to show someone how she/he's blind about some things.
I really love that position "Tastes are diffirent but you're wrong and let me explain you, ignoramus".
You're meaninglessly trying to show that it's only a reflection of my sick perception but it's not. Just read this thread first. Should help.

If you want to conversate about characters with real arguments. You're welcome.
If you want to show how blind someone and you're here to enlighten him, you're wasting your time.

And yeah, it's how it looks from the side. Ofc you can say that I'm blind and got everything wrong. I really don't care, it's a huge offtop already.

No worries at all, banging works fine or we could say having sex or intercourse, that happened to be the plot we're dealing with, I just see it differently and I don't think that she was trying to take advantage of anyone, that's simply how it all started. I'm not really trying to argue and too much off-topic, so I'm gonna drop it.

P.S.

I like your avatar btw.

Weird, because is like TW1 begins and were opinions about Triss' behavior diverge, civilly first years ago, till this stupid war who-is-worsebetter with TW3. I wonder what happent in the midwhile....

P.S.

Thank you. I always thought that I fitted quite well with this black cat... or it was in the inverse way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom