Your Fears For the Game - Combined Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisbeth_Salander;n9587351 said:
Cp2077 should have enemies with smart and responsive AI inspired by Dark Souls, but made in a better way. Cp2077 combat system should not be entirely based on memorisation, but memorisation itself should exist in order to make enemies unpredictable.

I wouldn't use smart and responsive AI as something inspired by Souls series...better example would be Ninja Gaiden ( pure hack and slash, difficulty scaling), Halo/F.E.A.R ( FPS) or action/stealth ( MGSV, even with it's issues)

It depends on level design, enemy design and style of gameplay they're going for.

Ok, I am going to have to go there. My BIGGEST fear? The genre of the game will become a "P.C., warm and fuzzy, "Snowflake" accommodating, mildly cyberpunk flavored bit of fluff" instead of the "Rebel against the system, rage against the machine, ass-kicking-fest" that the cyberpunk genre' I know and love has been known to represent... In a word, I am most afraid that the soul of the genre' will be crucified in the name of "popular opinion." Hey, like it or not , YOU asked and I told it the way I saw it.:cheers:

My biggest fear is that the story will be unfinished or disjointed. I don't want that to happen, since that happened to me with Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain and Final Fantasy XV.

This whole discussion about advanced systems, combat, classes and AI is good and all, but we all know the one true thing we must fear is a tetris inventory.

joaopinga;n9590681 said:
This whole discussion about advanced systems, combat, classes and AI is good and all, but we all know the one true thing we must fear is a tetris inventory.

I actually don't mind tetris inventory... what I don't like are encumberance systems that allow you to pick up more things in exchange for:
a) Not being able to run as fast.
b) Getting tired from running faster.
c) Not being able to run period.
d) Not being able to move period.

I know, it's kind of realistic, but this thing gets the best of me in games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.. I'd rather just have a sweet limit where I just can't carry anymore and won't be able to pick up anything until I make some space. Otherwise I KNOW i'm going to carry more than I can resting to catch my breath every three steps in my way to the store where I can sell them in. I'm not proud so I think it's tasteless that game developers think this is a humane mechanic.

My biggest fear is that the devs try and make the game all things for all people and end up with something that satisfies no one. As long as they stay focused on making the game they want to play, and not the game we want to play, it will be good. I trust their instincts enough to believe that if they are truly satisfied and enjoy playing their game, I will like it too based on prior experience.

Second to that (and ironically advocating what I want right after saying I hope they focus on what they want), my biggest fear is that they will stray from a narrative and character focused game to something less impactful for the sake of more freedom. I think there are some aspects that fit very well in CP2077 that call for more freedom (character customization, cyberwear mechanics, roles), but I'm worried it will swing too far from the narrative and character-centric approach that is what I have loved about CDPR games in the first place.

I already posted here a year ago and I still hold that opinion, but I suppose the biggest fear in more general terms is that this turns out to be yet another irrelevant action blockbuster masquerading as an RPG whilst being anything but.

Rawls;n9593181 said:
My biggest fear is that the devs try and make the game all things for all people and end up with something that satisfies no one.
Huzzah !

That or they ignore the core theme(s) of a game to make something that will sell better (according to Marketing).

animalfather;n9593401 said:
it wont have drivable vehicles...small area...more like yakuza less like gta...

Jesus fucking christ dude. There's like 5% of chance of that happening. Seriously, you don't even have to worry.

Suhiira;n9594971 said:
That or they ignore the core theme(s) of a game to make something that will sell better (according to Marketing).

This is the "your fears for the game" thread, not the "things you want to happen with CP2077" thread.

Why did this pic appeared in my monitor screen? I'm joking.

But seriously, I don't want them to ignore the core theme for the game, I just want CDPR to add a few little things that could make things cool for gameplay wise, and more importantly I want CDPR to implement these things but to still stay in touch with the lore 100%. What I'm saying is to put some new things, but make them totally realistic while still staying in touch with the core theme. But don't worry Suhiira, CDPR has two mouths to feed, those who have no idea what CP2020 is and those 5 million people who played the game, so there's probably nothing to worry. CDPR will certainly add some new things to the game, but they'll probably stay in touch with the theme. Even when I mention that the game should have mechs or AI (replicants) I think the whole game should not be focused on both of them. These new things could have their place in CP2077, but they can stay away from the spotlights.

Number one way to slow down the violence in my opinion is to make combat lethal as all hell. In the original PnP game, RTG went into exhaustive details on actual firefights in order to create something that's believable and treated with the proper gravitas. If you wanted to be a super hero you had to invest heavily in turning into one, and even then a bullet to the head would still kill you. Given the unique direction in PnP game took regarding combat, I would hope the game at least includes some resemblance to that.

I guess one of my fears for the game is that I don't want it to fall for the trap of doing what everyone else is doing just because it's popular or comfortable.

metalmaniac21;n9609601 said:
Like in The Last of Us?

I've no specific examples in mind. I just meant that it doesn't come off as if fast forwarding and gives the opportunity to contemplate the situation, chances and possibilities based on equipement and character build. Less enemies at a time and more lethality, but the ability to handle it calmly so that while the situation might be over fast you're still on the map on what just went down and didn't just spray in the general direction of a supposed enemy while jumping up and down, left and right and rolling like a circusbear with ADD.

Last edited:
At the moment, not much is known about what the game will be like, so I am expecting something along the lines of "Witcher 3 with guns" in a cyberpunk environment, it could very well be more than that, but I would rather be surprised than disappointed.

metalmaniac21;n9609601 said:
Like in The Last of Us?

Last of Us? While the combat was slow paced and more stealth orientated the game is same as the rest. You spend to whole game killing 100 hundreds of people and zombies. It had lots of action/brutal violence but thematically/narrative wise it makes sense so it wasn't much of a problem. LA Noire shoving shooting galleries down your throat made less thematic sense for the story it was trying to tell. For Cyberpunk I wouldn't slow down the violence but I would give the player many different opinions on how they would like to complete a quest/mission violently or peacefully.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom