Your Wishes for Patch 1.25

+
Let us do more with Triss/Yennefer after BaW. As in, let us see them walking around and let us sleep with them in that beautiful new bed we bought for our home.
And let us find Ciri and the duchess's sister somewhere.

I'd like to see three small changes:
- Allow multiple quests to be marked Active.
- In the inventory menu, separate Potions and Deconcoctions.
- And in the quest journal, separate Gwent and Horse Racing into their own categories. So we would have: Main Quests, Secondary Quests, Horse Racing, Gwent Matches, Completed Quests, and Failed Quests.

In addition to (maybe) having crossbows for all the Witcher sets as suggested in the OP, would be nice to have the Viper set rebalanced (lower level?) and put in an additional Grandmaster level for it with a set bonus like other Grandmaster sets provide.

After several hundred hours of game play there is actually 1 thing bothering me: the green edges caused by high toxicity. I'd like an option to turn that off.

Add dialogue fixing obvious plot holes and omissions in the final act of the main story of Wild Hunt. I don't expect this at all. Iorveth I'm sure is out of the question but at the very least some more buildup and justification for Reasons of State, On Thin Ice, and the Empress ending would be great. Or even just Ciri and Yennefer acting as they did in the books with each other.

This is pretty much all I care about at this point.

With the GOTY edition just around the corner (to be released in 6 weeks if the rumors are to be believed), and most developers already working on Cyberpunk 2077 or GWENT, I am not sure if suggestions to change content have much chance of actually being implemented. Nor would it necessarily even be a good idea, it is too late to "patch" major writing and design decisions, and a change that is an improvement for one person may make the game worse for others. Especially when it comes to issues that boil down to something along the lines of "it is not what I expected/wanted" or "it is different from the books". In the end, it is a reasonable decision now to leave the content unchanged, other than for bug fixes (in quest logic, AI, etc.).

What I would like to see in the remaining patch(es) that can realistically be implemented is to fix some annoying bugs that are still in the game or have been introduced recently (such as Roach with no tail, potion of clearance not working, buggy NPCs in "Be it Ever so Humble", and others), some tweaks and improvements to the UI and gameplay (there are still unsorted lists on the UI, which makes it difficult for example to a find a completed quest among hundreds to read its journal entry, and books also seem to be unsorted), and maybe some minor new features like photo mode on PC.

Option to turn off replenishing potions during meditation.
With finite oils, it can give the possibility for the difficult alchemy for those, who prefer old-school witcher gameplay.

If they can do an emergency patch to add content to support peoples' waifus then they can (and should) do it to fix the things that matter most. They won't though, I'd imagine. Too much time and money for no payoff.

Dear CDPR, before you finalize The Witcher series and stop making patches, please please fix an obvious issue where NPCs lips don't move during idle conversations. Your game is awesome, sure. But it lacks a bit of polish, which I'm sure you know about. Some issues are easier to notice, some are only seen by people on their 2nd or 3rd playthrough. But this one is too obvious not to notice and not to be bothered by.

+fix for the quest objective: "Go to Kaer Morhen" (it should say : Go to Kaer Trolde) spanish subtitles
+fix for never ending rain in velen

There's also a bug where even after you've collected a feline set upgrade schematic in a cave under the royal wyvern nest, in journal it still tells you to go there and collect it.

I like the ideas on the list.

My (The) Last Wish would be adding a new hairstyle. Something that's always bothered me is the fact that hair DLC is for people who can't cope with long hair.
As someone with long white hair, it's quite astounding that the only example of "long and loose" is an unrealistic pulled back version that goes over Geralt's ears.

Ekimmara spawn place to make possible the super cursed oil. As I know such a place doesn't exist.

HIgh level sword (47+) with sign or igni bonus.

Black horses instead of dark purple.

A few swords should have high bonuses but no or few rune slots so the player migh feel himself clever to add slots and making them a super weapon.

Warhammers should add armor piercing effect as in real life (if they don't get them by default, invisible way).

Just a flavor but winemakers should keep a single type of wine in their cellar.

A filter which sorts items by level in crafting menu.

A small detail but the bootblack's prices are way exaggarated. He gets 20-30 florens from a simple 5 minutes job while Geralt gets 100 killing dangerous monsters? I hope I just misunderstood something.

Lame references Geralt being poor while we can collect vast amount of money in the game.

Touissant might use a different type of currency we collected earlier in the base game. And switching the main money type by traveling between locations.

Possibility to buy extra (magical?) lighting for Corvo Bianco, the place is very dark. Some building prices are ridiculously expensive.

Feline (light) gauntlets and maybe the boots are heavier than ursine stuff.

Igni is too effective against humans. Some burning guys might still attack or whatever.

More reasonable rewards from the Master of Mirrors. He should give more money like 20 or 30000 coins or even 50000. We have plenty of money in the game so this amount isn't neccessary at all but gives a better feeling as a reward.
Anyway his rewards are weak, rewards shoud tempt the player but checking them in walkthrough they are crap while choosing Olgierd's side gives a good sword. Or two, didn't used the another one.

Last edited:
After several hundred hours of game play there is actually 1 thing bothering me: the green edges caused by high toxicity. I'd like an option to turn that off.

:D
Already done:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1712/?

---------- Updated at 09:56 PM ----------

Are you using High Quality Faces, or similar mod ? It is a known problem according to the description that there is no lip sync outside cutscenes. Although the vanilla models are bad enough to make a mod like that still worth using. I am not sure if the same issue occurs even without the mod, however.

No, just a young good-looking LORE face texture for Geralt, but he is always moving his lips fine when talking in and outside cutscenes and when making his forensic investigation monologues or weather comments :D

For Yen I have two mods, red hair and more violet/purple eye colour - I already disabled these two Yennefer mods several times when making a complete fresh mod folder for the Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition mod updates, to be able to start merging again mod after mod (first KNGR slow motion combat mod, second pMarks Camera mod, and so on...), and even without any texture mods running, and just having an empty mod folder or W3EE running, the lip sync does not work on the important NPC`s outside of cutscenes - but just some times.
Sometimes the lips move when Yennefer is talking. And sometimes not....

By the way, after loading the game and after quicktravel or after every cutscene I noticed that Geralt has no more facial movement at all, his facial expression is frozen, he is not blinking with his eyes anymore.
This bug of Geralt`s face frozen is a vanilla bug, and also occurs without any mods and with his vanilla face.
One always has to make Geralt box or kick one time in the air - and after this melee move, his facial animation restarts and works fine again, and he is idle-moving his face again and blink with his eyes.
This is strange.
I never noticed that happen before, in older patch versions Geralt always had his facial expression idle moves and eye blinking and looking to left or right with his eyes without the necessarity to always melee box/kick one time in the air to make his facial animations and eye blinking manually "restart" again after every fast travel, cut-scene etc.

Last edited:
My suggestions would be:
-More and more active Triss after BaW end (maybe she could accompany us to the city sometimes, have a drink with us) and a more complex dialogue options with her depending on what we did that day, what are her needs etc.)
-More windows in Corvo Bianco maybe
-
(some offtopic, but should i play this game after or before the main story. pm me pleasee)

Last edited:
Fix the bug during The Toussaint Prison Experiment quest which does not let me loot the chest to finish the quest at the ps4

Now after having played through Hearts of Stones and being in Toussaint I can say only, how much amazed I am by the visual overwhelming beauty that is Toussaint, against the vanilla game..that I can wish only, that CDPR would overwork graphically the vanilla game to receive the same absolutely superior shaders ect that Toussaint received to make also the vanilla game look alot better with much better lighting and shadows, better rendered objects ect.

The enemies in Toussaint are all good, much better AI even than my so far loved Arachnomorphs...heck, against a bunch of Kikimoras is a bunch of arachnomorphs an absolute joke again xD damn and i love it finally do have some realyl dangerous enemies in the game that I can only demand that the AI of the vanilla game monsters needs to get improved and need to receive new skills/attack patterns to become more dangerous
(aside from increasign the monster variety in the vanilla game, especially still Skellige)

Played through HoS, none of the quests are bugged (anymore if there ever was something)..applause, if I coudld say this only for the vanilla game xD saw some new visual bugs that need to get fixed, like for example that on the very last vanilal game main quests theres some kind of bug with Triss' DLC Outfit changign back in some cutscenes to the normal game outfit when defending Kaer Morhen for exampple and one or 2 qwuests later of that in some scenes with her too.
The only places in this game where I have ever seen this happening, everywhere else she always perfectly wears her DLC clothes.

Still have absolutely all quests done with no fail marks exacept these stupid two contract quests Heart of Woods and oxenfurt Drunk, which you get forced upon your throughs with those unneccessary fail marks due to not good thought out quest mark design, while the game has alot of similar situations later, where the game simply removes optional stuff from the quest mark list, so that I absoljutely can't understand what the devs were thinking with these two quests what makes them so different, that there we need to get these fail marks, when evewhere else in the game in similar situations we don't.
OS I can please only again, change these two quests and remvoed these stupid fail marks from them the obsolete second kill the Katakan one and removing the optional path you didn't take in heart of the woods from the quest mark list, like the game does everywhere else in similar quests that if you follow Svens path, then Haralds path gets simpöly completely removed from the quest mark list, because you have chosen to follow Svens path..thesres no need then anymore to show you anything about haralds path >.<

After having played the game now so much and understanding by now also alot of thigns in this game alot better, simply due to having seen now much more and having played all quests of the vanilla game,, HoS and having begun now with Toussaint (so far met no bugs there lol xD) I've the feeling, I could continue with alot more improvements - like i said, my initial list of my first post is most likely only the tip of the iceberg, that by now Ive got somehow the feeling, that the amount of improvements that this game needs are really only something that CDPR should better do by releasing an Enhanced Version of this game...

Because I know too that so much work costs also alot of money and by selling an Enhanced Version they could make new money..more as when they release just only a GOTY edition, which is just the main game with the Expansions included, which is only a perfect interestign buy for people, which don't have yet Witcher 3 and can get this way directly everything with 1 buy
Makign a real enhanced version is i think also easier, than keeping on patching the game constantl,y which is always the problem with havign to speed with Sony and Microsoft to get the patches through, where its alot easier to just make Witcher 3 as enhanced edition as completely overworked new Game - where I say I'd be willing to rebuy it as completely overworked and improved game, that is then also graphically from begin on everywhere on the same level as like Toussaint, because getting the vanilla game into the same graphical level as like Toussaint is already most likely so much effort and work, that they would need to rework the complete game for that from scratch basically I guess.

And if thats the case, then its always better to make a remasterd and enhanced version of the game and re-release that then as completely new game, than to keep on patching the old game.
Doing this step would enable CDPR to include also things then from begin on like upcoming support for PS4 Neo and Microsofts Project Scorpio to let the game make usage of the power improvements of the upcomign console upgrade versions that Sony and MS are working on
plus they could work then maybe also from begin on on addign a feature, that makes it console gamers later able to make usage also from PC Mods that people make like Bethesda does this for Skyrim and we see here, that this game has a modding community for Witcher 3, so why don't make also usage of the creativity of our community to make it possible in the overworked game version to include that creativity into the game in a way that also console players can use that to alterate their gamign experience this way

Hmm ,all i can say now for a Patch 1.25 is, that I wish, that it becomes a final big great patch (if it ever comes, I guess eventualyl with the release of the GOTY edition), which polishes the game more and does also something for the lacking combat system and monster variety, while fixing bugs and especialyl said two contract quests, I think then I'm also happy enough about it xD
I guess anythign more than this is just wish thinking, but this forum just encourages to "dream" about the wasted potential that this game has :D

Top Bottom