The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
sooooo, nobody here's done nothin eh? and here I thought you gatos were cool :eek:

[video=youtube;SSDqGp-H5uw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSDqGp-H5uw[/video]

you all suffer -5 street rep till you do something interesting!

Kalashnikov trainning sounds fun. I've been watching a documentary about the most advanced and brutal chimpanzee society ever discovered, it's crazy how they take control over the forest by fighting in groups against their neighbors, it's fascinating to see how each chimp has their own personality and how they're amicable with each other, but hostile against others:

[video=youtube_share;dQn1-mLkIHw]https://youtu.be/dQn1-mLkIHw[/video]

After watching the full documentary, I realised that real life is really the most scary thing out there. You can watch it full here: http://www.discoveryuk.com/shows/ris...-warrior-apes/

Last edited:
eraser7278;n9534851 said:
sooooo, nobody here's done nothin eh? and here I thought you gatos were cool :eek:

you all suffer -5 street rep till you do something interesting!

I MADE A CURRY, SIR! A -CURRY-!!

so I just got home from running my first game of CP in 20 years. got a question for the room, does one get credit for a TPK if said party wipe occurred in a VR?

I kept trying to impress on them this was a deadly combat system, and they kept laughing it off ... so on the advice of others I elected to show, not tell :D

eraser7278;n9555761 said:
I kept trying to impress on them this was a deadly combat system, and they kept laughing it off ... so on the advice of others I elected to show, not tell

These are the best stories....reminds me of a D&D story I read somewhere else, DM set up a liche for the party to go fight but party decided to go do something else. Full campaign ensures doing something not involving fighitng the liche. Campaign ends, Liche waltzes in and destroys the world, party gets butt blasted and DM went I told you to go fight the Liche.

It's been a week, and STILL no comments about my statements and picks for the soundtrack....PUH-LEEZE! Quit being so frightened folks and get an opinion of your own...SHEESH!

RLKing1969;n9560121 said:
It's been a week, and STILL no comments about my statements and picks for the soundtrack....PUH-LEEZE! Quit being so frightened folks and get an opinion of your own...SHEESH!

Ye-ah. People aren't required to have an opinion on your statements - or enter it if they do. Maybe no one thinks it's worth talking about, or maybe they had other things to do with their time.

Sardukhar;n9560201 said:
Ye-ah. People aren't required to have an opinion on your statements - or enter it if they do. Maybe no one thinks it's worth talking about, or maybe they had other things to do with their time.

Man, being a mod must be hard, sometimes. lmao

eraser7278;n9555761 said:
"Deserves got nothin to do with it" - William Munny
Clint's greatest movie to be honest fam.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9564181 said:
"Deserves got nothin to do with it" - William Munny

Without question. Watched it many, many times. Slow starter but that just makes it better later.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9564181 said:

No argument here. I love how it bookends with his early work on spaghetti westerns, deconstructing the "cool" renegade outlaw gunfighter of those earlier films and showing the much darker reality.

My opinion is that...

now get off my lawn!

Last edited by a moderator:
eraser7278;n9565671 said:
No argument here. I love how it bookends with his early work on spaghetti westerns, deconstructing the "cool" renegade outlaw gunfighter of those earlier films and showing the much darker reality.

It really showed us a darker side of him. Clint Eastwood has a big importance for CDPR, and for the whole Witcher franchise. You certainly know that CDPR's Geralt was inspired by Clint, but have you ever wondered why? That's because the characters portrayed by Clint Eastwood have one important feature: stoicism. In a video game, writers can't make a charater with all personalities in order to appeal to each individual player, therefore ambiguity is necessary if writers need players to insert themselves in the main character's role, thats where stoicism comes in action. Of all ambiguous tropes, an stoic character whose emotions are subtle, is the easier way to make players to start to like the main character, it's also an easy way to make a badass with an apparent flexible personality, which is necessary in self insertion.

What the fuck am I talking about, you ask? There is a big chance that Cyberpunk 2077's voice actors will follow Clint's stoicism.

Damn it, my last pony lasted more than 72 hrs...and was way more explicit! I go through all the trouble of finding some clop clop that PASSES the "miller test" and it's shot down in less than 12 :(

Top Bottom