Contest 3 - The one with the poem

+

Keth

Ex-moderator
Contest 3 - The one with the poem

It’s 9th of September today. Square root of 9 is 3. What could it mean? It's the time for our third contest :)

Among our community there are many people, who cleverly use weapon mightier than both silver and steel sword – a pen! This time, they are going to be excited about the competition task we prepared for you.

Today's quest is to create a poem (it may be a song, anything that have rhymes) about our community. What it will be is up to you, from simple text even to the creative performance.

We look forward to your submissions!

Details on how to enter the contest can be found here.

Well...at least 1\3 i can participate, i may be not the best, but it is always good to try.
Good luck to everyone who is willing to do so.

Oh you guys. You've now infected me with "the bug". Why does it have to be exam period? I might give this one a go, if I have a sudden burst of inspiration. :p

I'll have to think of something clever for this one....that's expectation....now as for reality...hmmm :p

All done, that one was fun.

Nailed it..... I think :p

Last edited:
Sent mine in. It's kind of short but I am not very good anymore at poetry. But it's the nice read for them that counts. :)

Ah finally just hit the send button to it. Managed to write a 4 page poem. Hope you guys like it :D
I'm just waiting for an acknowledgement that they got my entry so that I can breathe a bit more easy :p

Last edited:
Ah finally just hit the send button to it. Managed to write a 4 page poem. Hope you guys like it :D
I'm just waiting for an acknowledgement that they got my entry so that I can breathe a bit more easy :p
I sent my entry in for a different contest a while back but I didn't get any acknowledgement. I hope that's normal. :D

I actually got some kind of confirmation of them receiving my poem...I think...but I guess it was because of me asking in the first place.

You see, my past bad experiences of Murphy's law + technology equals true far too many times in my life. So I learned to check and recheck everything so all is as it should be. Of course, you cannot always account for everything, but you can try to. ::)

It surely makes me a pest I guess(sorry devs!), but at least I get verification of me not sending stuff into oblivion and that there actually is someone receiving it.

So hopefully I at least entered the contest. I sure wanted to enter it, as I wrote a poem for it. Yeah, I think I'm fine. If I'm not, well...I did what I could.
I thank @Keth and devs for tech support and for telling me not to worry. You're great! :happy:

Love you devs!

@Aditya

Four pages? Good job! And here I thought my two pages would be too much. Had I known...
Oh well. ^_^

Here's my effort, turns out I didn't have enough time to reach my initial grand vision, which was a complicated triptych of styles that probably wouldn't have worked anyway ;)

Here we go with contest three
Marking the forum 10 year 'versary
Three times ten gives round thirty
And sets the length and boundary
On this poem for The Community
To that end lets hear our luminary
Geralt of Rivia, Witcher Extraordinary:

I lie awake night after night
And never get the answers right.

Did that Rose of mine conspire
In the Regicides so dire?
Did deeds of mine put too great strain
On that Dandy’s reeling brain?
Could dwarven gifted dice now absent
Illustrate where crafty Chivay-Breckenrigg'went?

Not just old friends questions beholden

Did the Virgin, Saesenthessis, almost golden
Ever take flight again, or remain broken?
Did the flautist who saw all as dh'oine
Esseat'h maonne! Tall aeste imn pae'donne?
Could, nay should, my spoken words have checked
The Agents fury that a Throne did wreck'd?

And all along should I have sided
With the Viper so sly minded
Should allegiance have coursed with poison
Out for ourselves, the outcasts, we brothers in coven?

And all seems evil until I pry
Into the life newly recalled thereby
Awaken'd emotions long since awry
For those for whom I would surely die.

(Inspired by W.B. Yeats "The Man and the Echo" - seemed appropriate).

Top Bottom