• Ida Emean

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Assire var Anahid

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Fringilla Vigo

Votes: 77 18.9%

• Total voters
ooodrin;n10105741 said:
Well, they've managed to slap all those posters of her and Triss across Novigrad... That's hardcore, man!
Ay, the poor lads were exhausted by all those hard, long days of posting. We can't reasonably expect them to have been in any sort of condition to capture, or notice, the real articles afterwards. Slapping tends to sap witch-hunters' strength (they've low endurance). They needed a rest.

Interesting thread topic for sure.
Triss is definitely my favorite & my choice for Geralt as a romance option.
As far as the Lodge, I mostly disagree with what Phillipa does with them - if I'd been allowed to do so in W2 or 3, I would've killed Phillipa, no hesitation - she's just an awful person.
Would have really been interesting to see CDPR's story in the Witcher series do a little more with the Lodge and had more sorceresses directly involved in some of the quests, particularly in W3 - Fringilla did not get anywhere near enough screentime / storyline - would've added some nice spice to the whole Yen / Triss / Geralt thing if Fringilla had been added in there as well.

I was also sad that Sabrina was killed - she would've been a neat character to have involved in the story with the way she acts (and dresses).

Razrback16;n10648441 said:
As far as the Lodge, I mostly disagree with what Phillipa does with them - if I'd been allowed to do so in W2 or 3, I would've killed Phillipa, no hesitation - she's just an awful person.
You are a monster! I'd gladly help her & the Lodge in TW2. We could easily do that by rescuing Philippa and keep Saskia under her spell, kill Iorverth, kill Shilard. There will be no way for Radovid to leave LM alive too.

And I'd without hesitation prefer her compared to Triss & Yen, it's not even close.

BadGeralt;n10650621 said:
You are a monster! I'd gladly help her & the Lodge in TW2. We could easily do that by rescuing Philippa and keep Saskia under her spell, kill Iorverth, kill Shilard. There will be no way for Radovid to leave LM alive too.

And I'd without hesitation prefer her compared to Triss & Yen, it's not even close.

Really? helping the Lodge. Without joke, first time I read such stuff in a forum. Since the third novel I hate the Lodge and I'm happy to do everything against it. Okay, if I play Iorveth's path I rescue her, too. But only to lift the curse on Saskia.
And In TW2 Radovid was some kind of a good ruler...hated what CDPR didi to him in TW3. Okay, I kill him in TW3 (for what he is now) but not to help the Lodge.

And I hat Philippa, since he helped Rience to escape and what she did on Thanedd... damn. I hate her. Was kinda great feeling to see what happend to her in TW2 in Loc Muinne (evil, evil...)

Last edited:
Deemonef;n10650711 said:
And I hat Philippa, since he helped Rience to escape and what she did on Thanedd... damn. I hate her. Was kinda great feeling to see what happend to her in TW2 in Loc Muinne (evil, evil...)

Let's look at it from another angle. By letting Rience escape she actually saved Geralt's life. If he followed Rience through Vilgefortz's portal he would've definitely died. And Thanedd...Well, what would you have her do? Just sit and wait for Vilgefortz and the other traitiors to slaughter everyone?

BadGeralt;n10650621 said:

:) Definitely on the opposite side of the fence on this stuff. I killed Sile at the end of W2 and took great pleasure in it. Just wish they would have let me take out Phillipa, too.
Phillipa is definitely a pretty girl, but remember she's a lesbian at that point in her life so Geralt and her would never hook up no matter what. :)

Zyvik;n10652561 said:
Let's look at it from another angle. By letting Rience escape she actually saved Geralt's life. If he followed Rience through Vilgefortz's portal he would've definitely died. And Thanedd...Well, what would you have her do? Just sit and wait for Vilgefortz and the other traitiors to slaughter everyone?

The thing with going through the portal is true. But Philippa knew who stand behind Rience and she didn't tell it Geralt for her own goals. And that's what I really hate about her.
What I wanted Philippa to do? Not to start a putsch with many of the northern magicans, lie till she convict of lying by Ciri and rulers and take place in the murdering of Vizimir II.
She was no hero on Thanedd who saved the people from Vilgefortz ;)

Razrback16;n10652831 said:
:) Definitely on the opposite side of the fence on this stuff. I killed Sile at the end of W2 and took great pleasure in it. Just wish they would have let me take out Phillipa, too.
Phillipa is definitely a pretty girl, but remember she's a lesbian at that point in her life so Geralt and her would never hook up no matter what. :)

Yeah, I wished the same for Philippa, and yepp she is a lesbian so no chance for Geralt... but, who wants this kind of woman next to him? Poor Geralt XD

Last edited:
Razrback16;n10652831 said:
Phillipa is definitely a pretty girl, but remember she's a lesbian at that point in her life so Geralt and her would never hook up no matter what.
I mean if there would be such an option... Yes, it can be a problem, but not so clear for me. She can be bisexual, at least chances are higher than zero.
And I'd help her there just for political reasons. My first romance choice is Cynthia anyway :D Although, with Philippa option it would be a really hard decision.

Deemonef;n10650711 said:
Really? helping the Lodge. Without joke, first time I read such stuff in a forum.
Pretty natural move for me. The absence of this option is almost the only thing I don't like in TW2.
During TW2 Philippa saved your life 2 times, helped with finding Triss, found 2 battle artifacts without saying a word. I'd also like to see Geralt killing Kayran without Sile's help. They were friendly or neutral during the whole game, probably the most friendly group and obvious political allies. And now you are forced to harm them in one way or another. This is really stupid. Especially compared to persons whom you can help a lot: Stennis, Henselt, Radovid, Natalis, even Iorveth. All are hostiles or strangers in the best case scenario.
Actually, Geralt has more reasons to kill Iorveth than Philippa. This terrorist was directly involved into Foltest's death, was trying to kill you at the first meet, ready to kill at the second one for any careless word. Now he is a serious threat to the Lodge's plans and Philippa personally. Why the hell Geralt is bound to him?! I'd cut him into pieces and leave there for rotfiends' breakfast.

BadGeralt;n10655691 said:
Pretty natural move for me. The absence of this option is almost the only thing I don't like in TW2.

I wish there was at least an option to not be against them. They're definitely not worse than the other people who Geralt worked for. Actually, they're better than most.

Guest 3847602

Zyvik;n10655941 said:
I wish there was at least an option to not be against them.

But, how exactly are we forced to act against them in TW2?
Sabrina and Assire died without Geralt's involvement. He played no part in Phillipa getting captured and blinded. Letting Sheala explode is completely optional (I never did it anyway, she gives him the most valuable information in the game if you prevent it).
Either Fitz-Oesterlen or Triss is the one who lay charges against the Lodge. Again, Geralt was just a bystander there.

During TW2 Philippa saved your life 2 times, helped with finding Triss, found 2 battle artifacts without saying a word. I'd also like to see Geralt killing Kayran without Sile's help. They were friendly or neutral during the whole game, probably the most friendly group and obvious political allies. And now you are forced to harm them in one way or another. This is really stupid. Especially compared to persons whom you can help a lot: Stennis, Henselt, Radovid, Natalis, even Iorveth. All are hostiles or strangers in the best case scenario.
Actually, Geralt has more reasons to kill Iorveth than Philippa. This terrorist was directly involved into Foltest's death, was trying to kill you at the first meet, ready to kill at the second one for any careless word. Now he is a serious threat to the Lodge's plans and Philippa personally. Why the hell Geralt is bound to him?! I'd cut him into pieces and leave there for rotfiends' breakfast.

Well sometimes you never meet Philippa in TW2 ;) So she never helps Geralt in any way.
And by the way, the lodge doesn't helps you, two magicans help you for a moment, but only to get what they need. Phiippa needed Saskia for her plans, so she helped Geralt finding some artifacts and Sheila needed parts from the Kayran so she helped Geralt. This were no things they did for the good of Geralt.

As I said, I don't like the lodge till the third novel. Trying to take Ciri's freedom away, trying to rule over the world with magic on top. And even in the games, burn a whole battlefield to bring one king down who is in the eyes of the lodge not good fo their plans etc.
And in TW2 I liked the kings and rulers, especially in the last act more than the lodge and magicans.... but CDPR cahnged some of those characters for TW3...
And as Ooodrin said here, Geralt is in the game not totally against the lodge. I mean in TW3 you are nearly forced to help them.

ooodrin;n10656191 said:
But, how exactly are we forced to act against them in TW2?
Sabrina and Assire died without Geralt's involvement. He played no part in Phillipa getting captured and blinded. Letting Sheala explode is completely optional (I never did it anyway, she gives him the most valuable information in the game if you prevent it).
Either Fitz-Oesterlen or Triss is the one who lay charges against the Lodge. Again, Geralt was just a bystander there.

Well, we're forced to lift Sabrina's curse from Henselt. I was very salty about that. And we can't talk Triss out of blaming Foltest's death on Sheala.

Guest 3847602

Zyvik;n10659301 said:
Well, we're forced to lift Sabrina's curse from Henselt. I was very salty about that.

Then you are a traitor to Dun Banner and Kaedwen. Shame on you, Zyvik. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean if there would be such an option... Yes, it can be a problem, but not so clear for me. She can be bisexual, at least chances are higher than zero.
And I'd help her there just for political reasons. My first romance choice is Cynthia anyway :D Although, with Philippa option it would be a really hard decision.

Hah, good ol' Cynthia. I killed her in W2, also. I think everyone you like, I have killed in my playthroughs, lol. ;)

New book reader. I have to say that I am pretty disappointed with how little present is Fringilla in the games. She is a great character that deserved more from the devs in my opinion. And she is my favorite Lodege member by far (if we exclude Triss and Yen).

Dan_Florian_Eremia;n10829731 said:
I have to say that I am pretty disappointed with how little present is Fringilla in the games.
This was a relatively frequent complaint after the game first released. Although not as large, nor vocal, as Team Yen or Team Triss, there was a Team Fringilla.

Guest 3847602

Riven-Twain;n10835651 said:
This was a relatively frequent complaint after the game first released. Although not as large, nor vocal, as Team Yen or Team Triss, there was a Team Fringilla.

Thanks for reminding me about the most important thing BaW was missing.
:boredom:

ooodrin;n10835831 said:
Thanks for reminding me about the most important thing BaW was missing.
:boredom:

Yeah, the fact that while we get to see Shani in HoS we are deprived of Fringilla in BaW is strange at best, since Fringilla was a way more important character in the books, and meant a lot more for Geralt. Plus she is awesome! And I love Shani too.

Top Bottom