FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't underline enough the joy I feel that the game is will be first person and not third person.
I am so saturated by third dime a dozen person games.

I hope the tech they use for the FP perspective is complex enough to convey a truly immersive experience, not like in the newer Deus Ex games where seeing the world through the eyes of the protagonist felt stiff, bland and non-dynamic.

The fact that damage numbers pop from the enemies when hit is because of an implant visual overlay or something like that.

Guest 4071710

Yeah i would also prefer third person, or at least something like the recent Fallout games (interchangeable fp and tp).

I see no point in making a character with so many customization options and not being able to see them for the majority of the game.

I will be honest its not much of a deal breaker for me but i would rather not use mods to have third person perspective anyway.

CD Projekt RED says you're listening, but third person mode should already be optional. I was so happy with the announcement of the game at E3 and now it disappointed me. Unfortunately, I'm not going to buy another FPS game, even though the game is awesome, I think they could have put both modes. The saddest thing is that for sure after a while they will update the game and put support for the VR, since generally nowadays it is easier to make a game in first person and later to do the VR version. Unfortunately, I expected more from the Projekt RED CD.

atleast no one can say its like GTA now :p that game is TP <trollface> <cryincorner>

really im afraid its really set in stone :( they must talk about it and decide create game in FP thats why its one of the first info giving to as. Even if we get (pls god atleast this ) TP it will be buggy mess just like ES games- even i motion sickness gamer was force fight in morrwoind oblivion and skyrim in FP cause it was so clunky in TP :(
I love modern Deus Ex and i even beat it but sadly only one thing i remember is huge headache :(

Stop this moderator we waited for years we written consistently in this forum showing our support to in the end being slapped in the face... Show some respect.
Are you actually serious? How is doing CREATIVE WORK with maintaining CREATIVE FREEDOM slap in the face? I get you're upset and that you don't like the FP, but that is no way an offense on CDPR part.

And just to be clear, I'm a regular user here, just like you. I'm not moderating international parts of forums, so feel free to report me if you feel offended by, eh... my opinion.

First person does not mean you should be disappointed and it certainly doesn't mean that this game is ruined? They're taking a different route and it's CDPR for crying out loud. We've hardly seen this world let alone any sort of gameplay yet. Everyone needs to stop freaking out and just enjoy everything we're being shown, they have reasons behind making the game first person, and maybe they will add a third person option but some people are getting so angry about it. Some of y'all need to CHILL OUT because this company knows exactly what they're doing. Just trust them.

Of course after everyone losing their freaking minds they may end up considering it but they just tweeted out saying "To all of you asking - you’ll have many opportunities to see your character. It’s going to be First Person RPG, not a FPS. "
I was also looking forward to playing in third person but it's their game and I'm sure it will be epic either way. Stop baby raging.

Last edited:
Third person view as an option is a must imo, that is how I vastly prefer to play rpgs.

Part of the fun of an rpg is creating a character that I like and visually seeing them interact with the world, being able to see the loot you find and further making them look "awesome" on top of being able to appreciate good animations and things from a third person perspective.

Then there's melee combat, melee combat just works far far better in third person view imo, I mean could you imagine playing Dark Souls in first person? First person melee combat is usually quite restricting in terms of movesets because they don't want to have you becoming disoriented or such from the view changing, so no super fancy moves and other elements, usually simple "slashes" or a thrust and that's that.

Having the ability to freely toggle between the two would satisfy BOTH sides of the fence, I mean there's not really a good reason to "force" first person aside from it cutting down on the workload, however a true first person view (meaning they model all animations, etc and don't fake/cheat them for first person) makes it a lot simpler to do both viewpoints.

I hope that they've done true first person so they could make it easier to do third person view in the future or modders can at least.

It's probably too late to change it without having to retool the mechanics entirely, so it's fine if we have to use first person, but I'd much rather have the option of going third person. Especially if they want to emphasize that it isn't a first person shooter. Yes, there'll be guns, but there's melee too. I've never played a first person game with satisfying melee combat. Skyrim and Dishonored have serviceable first person combat, but they're slow and methodical, and the emphasis is on blocking and using your magical abilities. I don't know, for cyberpunk, I always envisioned something a lot more frenetic and over the top. You know, Molly Millions sliding through on her knees and stabbing things with her extendable nails, or Motoko Kusanagi karateing the fuck out of things and John Woo diving and shooting. Or Raiden flipping around and kicking and slicing goons with his katana.
But hey, if this is the direction CDPR and Mike Pondsmith feel best suits his world, I'll support it. But my preference is heavily on third person combat.

Are you actually serious? How is doing CREATIVE WORK with maintaining CREATIVE FREEDOM slap in the face? I get you're upset and that you don't like the FP, but that is no way an offense on CDPR part.

And just to be clear, I'm a regular user here, just like you. I'm not moderating international parts of forums, so feel free to report me if you feel offended by, eh... my opinion.

Not for charity but for money... so i have the right to feel like a stupid after waiting from the 2014 after contributing for years in this forum and helping with others to give ideas for our dream rpg.. Now i feel stupid. I feel like me and other wasted years waiting on this forum for another DEUS EX nobody was asking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom