FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 4152520

Nikko's about to play the entire game with the camera looking down.
Is there any other way to play an FPP that has full body? I think not, sir!

*Edit*
I don't want to seem sexist, so if you're into looking at a crotch, that's cool too!

We decided to go with First Person Perspective because it adds to the immersion - let you experience the game through eyes of the main character. We're not planning to allow switching to TPP for the same reason. You'll have many opportunities to see your customized character in cutscenes, inventory view and mirrors. It's going to be First Person RPG, not a FPS.
We get that you want us to feel immersed in the game, and want to feel as if we ARE the character we play as. But, what I do know though is that immersion definitely varies from person to person, and that if someone says they don't like third/first person, it's very likely from experience, and from trying multiple games, and still getting no enjoyment. Please take this into account. Also, like people have said already, it's not first person that's upsetting people, it's the fact that first person is what you have to have throughout most of the gameplay.
Of course, this is your game and you guys can make it how you want, but this announcement seems to have affected a lot of people, me included, and the amount of time we all have waited for this game upsets many of us.

We decided to go with First Person Perspective because it adds to the immersion - let you experience the game through eyes of the main character. We're not planning to allow switching to TPP for the same reason. You'll have many opportunities to see your customized character in cutscenes, inventory view and mirrors. It's going to be First Person RPG, not a FPS.

All due respect, first person has never added to my immersion; what it does is actually break it by making me think how much that perspective sucks. I can't move, see things properly or properly locate myself in first person, and although there are many, many games I'd love to play that are FPP, I never have because of it. I gave some Deus EX games an honest try but stopped when I realized I spent all time clinging to walls just to know where I was.

Now, I understand that there is a particular game you guys want to make, and a particular way you want for your players to experience things. And I wish CPDR all the luck in the world, but personally, I don't want to see things this way. It's a shame too, because I was really excited for this game. But FP, for me, is a deal-breaker.

I think an over the shoulder camera (Mass Effect 3 style) could be an honest compromise that doesn't impact gameplay too much, and I hope that after seeing the reactioon to the news you guys reconsider this stance, but if that isn't an option, sadly, this game is not for me.

All the best.

Been new on the forum doesn't make their opinion less important than someone who was here from the start though...
Exactly. The forum was made to discuss aspects of the game and no one is prevented from participating, even if it is a new member (like me). Now, everyone is free to say they do not like first-person vision, of course, as long as they do not offend anyone. As far as I know, CD Projekt RED himself said he wanted feedback from the players. However, I see no logic in asking for feedback from the players if in the end, this will not change anything, since we have already seen the comment here in the forum by Projekt RED, Twitter and Facebook that will have no changes.

Been new on the forum doesn't make their opinion less important than someone who was here from the start though...
True BUT it shows many are just jumping in here to blast CDPR for something that was "owned to them". Just because they said at one time the game was currently TPP and FPP doesn't mean it will be at finish. Though maybe they wanted to tell at E3 it's primarely FPP so everyone is aware the decision is made now and development is close to a fun playable state in FPP but not TPP.
It's also strange seeing a very nontoxic forum quickly becoming toxic for many outlandish "I need FPP" because "reasons". The only reason I do appreciate is for issues of headaches and motion sickness. That is a real world issue for some in FPP.

Fact is none of your opinions matter, when it comes to their design decisions to be more First Person focused. Unless you just don't want the game period.

I get that you may like, even love FP perspective. That's fine. But you also need to acknowledge that there are those, like myself, who don't like, actually despise, FP perspective. I am far more immersed in a TPP game than I am in a FPP; I get to actually see my character all the time and not just in the odd cutscene, I get to see much more of the game world, and my situational awareness is much higher than it is in FPS.

Having this game be FPP will totally ruin my enjoyment of it. So, yeah, if my choice is to have a game using a perspective that I intensely dislike to the point of it making the game un-fun or not having the game at all, I'll take not at all.

So you believe whatever they saw was mediocre because its not TPS? how relational.

If you are a TPS gamer is logical to state the fps as mediocre and vise verse for those who are FPS gamers.. dont be so judgy of his statement. I consider irrelevant for myself the fps gaming, I play sometimes but NOWAY to merge my rpg experience with something I consider irrelevant for my gaming, many times as I tried skyrim in first person mode, I couldnt... its not my thing either.

DID YOU MISS ME?

Okay, thread got nasty in a few points. Hey! I can go back and check! So I am now handing out Warnings and Bans(probably) and deleting a lot of well, CRAP.

Check the rules in my sig.

Get it together. Civility. Kindness. Respect. These are what we go by in conversations around here. Unless you're a Mod handing out "rewards". Then, kindness not applicable.

Thank you CDPR.

I wanted to quote myself from 5-6 years ago on these forums, just to see how I defended the idea that the game should be first person, but they've gone through a couple iterations so the old posts and threads seem to have gotten nuked. In any case, I for one do feel vindicated.

The fact that Night City has a realistic weather and a day/night -cycle, and the fact that it's actually a first person game with proper shooting have just made me fall in love with CDPR and this game absolutely and utterly!

Dziękuję!

Like many, I do not like the First Person view. I can't think of any game being more immersive because of the FP view. However a Third Person view allows you to rotate the camera around your character, greatly improving the sense of awareness compared to a frontal cone of vision.

Actually, I find Skyrim much more immersive in first person than 3rd. But hey, it's a question of personal appreciation of course.

Exactly. The forum was made to discuss aspects of the game and no one is prevented from participating, even if it is a new member (like me). Now, everyone is free to say they do not like first-person vision, of course, as long as they do not offend anyone. As far as I know, CD Projekt RED himself said he wanted feedback from the players. However, I see no logic in asking for feedback from the players if in the end, this will not change anything, since we have already seen the comment here in the forum by Projekt RED, Twitter and Facebook that will have no changes.
I get that and appreciate that people state their mind but there are far too many "reasons" why TPP was "owned to them". We don't need that in here, we are better than that. Well most of us were before today.

True BUT it shows many are just jumping in here to blast CDPR for something that was "owned to them". Just because they said at one time the game was currently TPP and FPP doesn't mean it will be at finish. Though maybe they wanted to tell at E3 it's primarely FPP so everyone is aware the decision is made now and development is close to a fun playable state in FPP but not TPP.
It's also strange seeing a very nontoxic forum quickly becoming toxic for many outlandish "I need FPP" because "reasons". The only reason I do appreciate is for issues of headaches and motion sickness. That is a real world issue for some in FPP.

Well people are here because they don't like something in game and they have rights to say this here. Nothing wrong with this. And we already have answer from the dev. So they are aware of people been not happy.

The immersion is still there for the people who want it when you allow switching, it does not go away. This is not a logical reason. If we rather want to see our character, have decent melee gameplay or just prefer it so, we can opt out, if you give the choice.

If you don't give the choice, I'll personally skip the game at launch because it's not an experience I want to pay full price for personally. It's a deal breaker for me.

I get that you may like, even love FP perspective. That's fine. But you also need to acknowledge that there are those, like myself, who don't like, actually despise, FP perspective. I am far more immersed in a TPP game than I am in a FPP; I get to actually see my character all the time and not just in the odd cutscene, I get to see much more of the game world, and my situational awareness is much higher than it is in FPS.

Having this game be FPP will totally ruin my enjoyment of it. So, yeah, if my choice is to have a game using a perspective that I intensely dislike to the point of it making the game un-fun or not having the game at all, I'll take not at all.
God lord, the fact the you believe that it will be un-fun to be ridiculous. Especially after not seeing it.

Also it doesn't mean that i LOVE the FP perspective. I love both views and it not having one or the other doesn't bother as much. Because the real meat of it sounds amazing.

ugh.....what's the point of making your version of v when i cant see it unless it a cut scene or a mirror.

if there is clothing option whats the point of clothing when you cant see it.

it should be like gta v it has a toggle for both and really fps some people get motion sickness esp when there's too many things going all at once.

welp maybe mods can fix that some how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom