FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People ar just angry and any pr move without giving what they want will be bad because they will not listen to reason or logic. All they can do is wait in silence until people will run out of steam

Except that would increment the steam, not reduce it. That would be, once again, the worst possible strategy.

People ar just angry and any pr move without giving what they want will be bad because they will not listen to reason or logic. All they can do is wait in silence until people will run out of steam

The reasonable ones of us (and the ones already out of steam) would appreciate a reaction. Not expecting then to change course or anything. Just more ecplanation on why they went this path. More than just 'immersion' in any case as thats just an opinion, not an explanation.

Guest 4311839

well non of them are set in a cyberpunk universe, we already have Dues Ex FPP RPG in a cyberpunk universe. what we need is a TPP RPG in a Cyberpunk universe, that was what they needed to do

I would want AAA budget rpg game FPP or TPP set in open world in planescape torment universe. But what i want doesn't mean that cdpr or any over deverloper need to do.

Initially, I wanted TP too. But there's no chance they're redesigning massive chunks of the game to put it in. This is pointless to clamor for some kind of magical toggle.

And all of this would vanish with a simple 3rd person camera? LOL...

Yes.

Putting enough effort to add tpp OPTION will show that they are not just trying to attract new crowd but also aim to keep the existing fanbase intact.

Also it will make a unique game on the market - a cyberpunk game that supports both fpp and tpp. None like this exist. And they could be trailblazers.

Yes, this surely will take more time, but it will also show that they are commited to pushing limits.

Compared to that making an upgraded version of Deus Ex is pretty unimpressive.

well non of them are set in a cyberpunk universe, we already have Dues Ex FPP RPG in a cyberpunk universe. what we need is a TPP RPG in a Cyberpunk universe, that was what they needed to do

Wow there is 1 RPG in a Cyberpunk universe, so no one else is allowed to chose this perspective or else they will face the wrath of some gamers who for no reason cling to 3rd Person and never had an issue with 1st Person the past 30-40 years XD Yeah.. no they didn't need to make Witcherpunk 4

Guest 4311839

The reasonable ones of us (and the ones already out of steam) would appreciate a reaction. Not expecting then to change course or anything. Just more ecplanation on why they went this path. More than just 'immersion' in any case as thats just an opinion, not an explanation.

mixed TPP/FPP
and it is mixed they delivered the goals they aimed from early on. This is what they opinion\vision is for the game. And now changing to fit + another perspective which they didn't thought fits game they want to create can be very difficult time/resources consuming and potentially compromise project.

Would be a PR fallout, and would REALLY hurt their sales. I don't think it's a risk they can take.

That's only what you wish was true to get your TPP.
People are hyped, just check videos and articles around the net. How much would they "lose"? 10.000 copies? 100.000?
It will sell MILLIONS.

There are plenty great FPP sci fi/cyberpunk rpgs but I can't think of a single decent TPP open world sci fi/cyberpunk rpg. I can play deus ex right now if I wanted that

Deus Ex is not an open world Cyberpunk RPG, just a Cyberpunk RPG and if there are plenty - who are the others?

Guest 4311839

There are plenty great FPP sci fi/cyberpunk rpgs but I can't think of a single decent TPP open world sci fi/cyberpunk rpg. I can play deus ex right now if I wanted that
So maybe this cyberpunk doesnt work great for open-world tpp? Maybe this is why witcher was never considered as FPP. again maybe they explore what works best for setting/game and not what has or hasn't been done.

I can't believe the amount of people on here complaining and delcaring they will boycott the game.

I trust CDPR, the makers of the best goddamn game series of all time, to make the right decision. There is a reason it is 1st person and not 3rd person this time around. it's a pretty bold move but I like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You people need to seriously step back and get some fresh air. Everyone that has seen the demo has been absolutely raving in amazement. The game will be fine in 1st person, you will be fine.

Just buy the game on PC and wait for the inevitable 3rd person perspective mod.

Why would I buy a game on a hope it is moddable though?

If anything, I will wait for mod first and then consider purchasing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom