December 2018 Update Overview

+
Eh, now you understand what playing NR feels like, don't you? Almost every single card in the faction is exactly "3 power order card that works only in combos".

So please stop complaining about SK "nerfs" when one faction doesn't work completely because removal is too strong, and another one (NG) is viable only as RNG point spam fest everyone hates.
I'm not complaining about them, you are, by saying they are not enough :) . Which is not true, they don't need more nerfs, it's other things that need buffs.

Like I've said, it's a good deal for new players. But, eventually, you want to have powder instead, unless you don't care about premiums.

That's why having a choice (full mill for only scraps or for scraps and MP) would be nice to accommodate for both new and old(er) players.

Hubert Rejk still have problem, sometimes not recive boost it like 50/50 chance that card will do would should do. I try first demage the enemy and tham deploy him and otherwise, still same, somethime he get boost sometime not. Omg :D

Lexor

Forum veteran
That's why having a choice (full mill for only scraps or for scraps and MP) would be nice to accommodate for both new and old(er) players.

As a new player (since like three weeks) I will always select scraps over dust - no need to have a choice here. :D

Although the patch does balance things out there are still some very annoying finishers:

1 Aglais: a 20+ finisher is pathetic how on earth is this card untouched?

2 Kambi: a card that messes directly with your opponents hand shouldn't be in the game.
Aglais nope, use Bekker dhoine!

Lexor

Forum veteran
Having a choice is always good. At some point, you will not be a new player anymore.

By getting scraps only you still have an option to create both normal and premium cards.
Dust will not allow you to create normal cards.

Just a reminder that this is not a place for bickering. Everyone's opinion is welcome, and everyone's opinion is to be respected. Please, be sure that you are posting politely and constructively at all times.

There's some heat and angst developing in some posts above. Let's not.

Only Hemdall has absolutely no synergy with Greatswords....

I do not understand how they have absolutely no synergy.

Hemdall is boosted by the points of damage you do to an enemy unit. Greatswords are boosted each time an enemy is damaged...so...

I don't understand why CDPR hates non-humans so badly. Why do you give double back to back nerfs to all their decks?

First they nerf both Brouver Movement, Eithne Control & Filavandrel by raising provision cost on Zoltan and artifacts respectively and reducing redraw on francesca. Than that wasn't enough non-human hate so they once again nerf them all again.

Double nerfing Eithne Control by making Blue Mountain so situational the only situation it is useful now is in a scarp pile and reducing her pings by over halve. Than making movement Brouver even more pointless via a dragon dream nerf & reducing redraws on Filavandrel.

How about you take a look at the monsters faction that gets 7 board wipes with predatory dive, scorch, plague and imp manticore which can be triggered multi-times (not to mention the Big Wood monster you indirectly buff by raising provision on the only card in game that can deal with graveyard consumes). & why did you give NG an OP leader by letting it get a re-draw, besides completely shutting down a leader synergy deck they now get perfect draw to boot.

P.S. You should go into politics with the flip flopping you do.
PREVIOUS UPDATE: Let's nerf artifacts to hell they OP.
NEXT UPDATE: Let's nerf universal artifact removal card, it's OP. LMFAO, make up your mind.

Last edited:
Aglais nope, use Bekker dhoine!
This advice is.. not so useful.

First you need Bekker in your hand and second Aglais has to be played before you use bekker as your last card.
And most opponents try to get the last card.. so you already have passed when Aglais is played... otherwise you dont need bekker... Geralt:Yrden is much more versatile.

I do not understand how they have absolutely no synergy.

Hemdall is boosted by the points of damage you do to an enemy unit. Greatswords are boosted each time an enemy is damaged...so...
WIth Greatswords you would use ships, mastercrafted spear, maybe Crach, possibly pirates (as they deal dmg). Go check in the builder how many units are actually warriors and how many can deal damage consistently. Greatswords and Hemdall belong to 2 different decks at the moment.

As someone who likes to understand things in more detail, I think it would be great if each change was accompanied by a short explanation of the reason for the change. This would help community understanding and allows for a more focused discussion.

For example, I don't understand the Geralt Igni nerf. Igni now needs 20 points on one row instead of 15. Was this really a problem? I just played a few games with Geralt Igni and unless you have some movement cards to line the enemy up, Geralt Igni is often a dead card now, especially with all the removal and lower strength cards.

As someone who likes to understand things in more detail, I think it would be great if each change was accompanied by a short explanation of the reason for the change...
You are new around here, I guess? Like, be happy there are patch notes released at all.

You are new around here, I guess? Like, be happy there are patch notes released at all.
Didn't they tell their reasons for each cahnge in the midwinter update? (Granted, it was only a simple "card is not played enough/too much" but still)

Top Bottom