'From A Bygone Era' Won't trigger???

+
'From A Bygone Era' Won't trigger???

some spoilers ahead.
in Act 2 on Iorveths path i tried to go to malgets house and get her notes to start the quest 'from a bygone era' and i went to the graves and then blew up the barrels on the side of the house but the trap door is locked!!!
i've tried everything even reloading previous save files but the door won't open. please help.

There have been quite a few reports about the trapdoor not opening on Iorveth Path now. It's not that clear why, whether it's been deliberately removed for this path, or if something is failing to trigger.

If you can't trigger it, I think you may have to just leave it. The good news is that there's a new quest in Chapter 3 for Iorveth Path that has a lot of similarities to Bygone Era, and you will definitely be able to do that one.

It is entirely possible it is an EE problem, although I had no problem opening it recently on Iorveth's path, the game updated to EE. Also, did you check the tombstones behind the house? (Not sure this could be the problem, just an idea.)

As far as I know, inspecting the tombstones has nothing to do with whether you're able to open the trapdoor or not, neither on Iorveth's or Roche's path, and you are supposed to be able to do it on Iorveth's path. Simply blow up the barrels and open it from the side facing the front of the house. If this still doesn't work, there's obviously some sort of problem (an infrequent bug that some may suffer from). Try re-loading the game, or go somewhere far away to unload the area, before going back to re-load it again.

It worked fine for me in Iorveth's path in EE. But I find the quest generally a bit too well hidden. There should at least be an opaque hint that there's something interesting in that direction.

Anyway, I suggest that you reload a previous save from before entering the mist, and try again. It's a bug, and it doesn't happen for everyone, so just reloading the area completely might help.

Kindo said:
As far as I know, inspecting the tombstones has nothing to do with whether you're able to open the trapdoor or not, neither on Iorveth's or Roche's path...
Then I was wrong, but I couldn't think of anything else that could cause a problem like this. Either way, it is good to know it isn't needed to visit the tombstones every time.

dragonbird said:
OK. I didn't ask the obvious question earlier - PC or 360?

I just checked the earlier thread, and there seemed to be a consensus that it won't open on Iorveth Path on 360.
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30231-hut-on-the-cliff-basement-locked/

so i'm on the xbox 360 and i've tried checking the tombstones and also reloading the save game. i'm gonna try agian later by reloading a save from an hour earlier because i really want to do this quest. does anyone know if there is a patch pending for the 360??

Top Bottom