People I think need to give CDPR a chance I think they've earned it.

+
they shouldn't have pushed the game out before it was even remotely ready to be enjoyed let alone able to be played (ps4 version). people spend their hard earned money on pre-orders to help the devs make the game and we get presented with this garbage. our money goes to these companies so that they can test and create quality products for the consumers and this is far from a quality product.

Beside the bad experince on the consoles, there are so many things missing in this game. I will give cdpr a chance and maybe new trust if we get an answer what they want to do with the game in the future and all the feedback.

Maybe something that burns so quickly isn't really good will to begin with?

That is a very good point. Just as it is absurd for people to pretend that corporations are our friends or family members, it is just as absurd to pretend we as customers are their friend or family member. What leads to creating that idea in the mind of the consumer is another story though, ether way the reality is the same. The consumer partakes in a fiction, the corporation pretends it doesn't know it created that fiction and works to cement it further.

Only because of years of good will and past experiences I'm willing to give CDPR a chance. Not in the way "all is good, keep doing what you do", but "you made a mistake, it's time to erase that mistake" and "next time there won't be next time".

I already abandoned Blizzard, Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft, Bioware - these companies don't exist for me anymore. I'm not giving them a cent. But I like (liked up to this point?) philosophy of CDPR and I want them to prosper as long as they don't practice deceiving strategies and keep high standards.

TLDR, I haven't given up on them just yet, but they should take a hard look on yourselves.

I feel sorry for the actual DEVELOPERS (programmers, artists, designers, etc), working in CDPR. It's not their fault..
Wonder how they're feeling now..

We are consumers not their friends. If people are so upset it's because they wanted this game to succeed, they wanted to love this game. I can support them all you want but that won't prevent me from asking a refund. Plus the bugs aren't the worst part, just look at the Threads about the story/missing features. They must pull a No man's sky or an Anthem move to even try to regain my thrust...

I actually feel sorry for CD Projekt Red. I feel like they allowed themselves to be painted into a corner. They have always been honest and tried to deliver the best product possible to consumers. They have values that have been long gone from a lot of other Developers. I think the game was released before they wanted to release it. I think the early release was due to the pressure they were receiving from fans. I mean really this is a company that tries to give so much material to fans and they do it most the time for free. Even with all that people were issuing threats to these people which was totally uncalled for. The only thing I really believe they are guilty of is mishandling the launch. They have been genuine and its not like they are hiding. To be honest some might even say that fans expectations are somewhat unrealistic expecting the game to run flawlessly on a console that is 13 years old. All in all i think some of the reviewers can cut these guys a little slack based on their exemplary record. I am running it on an XBox One X and I have seen few problems. Again had they held off they would have been castigated for that. Give the guys a chance they have taken ownership of the issues and its only been a week.
There's 0 chances for this unfinished unplayable game, the game was in development for years, and now after years of development the game is a mess. They lie and now I can't even get my money back,I never been so disappointed they killed the game...
Post automatically merged:

I actually feel sorry for CD Projekt Red. I feel like they allowed themselves to be painted into a corner. They have always been honest and tried to deliver the best product possible to consumers. They have values that have been long gone from a lot of other Developers. I think the game was released before they wanted to release it. I think the early release was due to the pressure they were receiving from fans. I mean really this is a company that tries to give so much material to fans and they do it most the time for free. Even with all that people were issuing threats to these people which was totally uncalled for. The only thing I really believe they are guilty of is mishandling the launch. They have been genuine and its not like they are hiding. To be honest some might even say that fans expectations are somewhat unrealistic expecting the game to run flawlessly on a console that is 13 years old. All in all i think some of the reviewers can cut these guys a little slack based on their exemplary record. I am running it on an XBox One X and I have seen few problems. Again had they held off they would have been castigated for that. Give the guys a chance they have taken ownership of the issues and its only been a week.
If I was a game tester and I get pay for play Cyberpunk 2077 sure I'll give them a chance but as a customer we deserve the product to work fine I didn't pay full price to test the game, I pay to enjoy the game, so far is the opposite of enjoyment and the opposite of playable...

Last edited:
We are consumers not their friends. If people are so upset it's because they wanted this game to succeed, they wanted to love this game. I can support them all you want but that won't prevent me from asking a refund. Plus the bugs aren't the worst part, just look at the Threads about the story/missing features. They must pull a No man's sky or an Anthem move to even try to regain my thrust...
I don't think they'd deserve any trust even after No Man Sky-ing it into being playable.
Hello Games is a small team and No Man's Sky was a terribly ambitious project. CDPR is anything but small. And they bamboozled way more people than HG ever did. It'll take over a decade of effort and consistent pro-consumer behavior to earn the trust back and I don't believe CD Projekt has that in them.

I don't think they'd deserve any trust even after No Man Sky-ing it into being playable.
Hello Games is a small team and No Man's Sky was a terribly ambitious project. CDPR is anything but small. And they bamboozled way more people than HG ever did. It'll take over a decade of effort and consistent pro-consumer behavior to earn the trust back and I don't believe CD Projekt has that in them.
What Hello Games did and is STILL doing to this day is legendary. I scream their names from the rooftops everywhere I go. I hope I can do that for CDPR. Hope is only hope though.

I agree. Cyperpunk 2077 is a great game and I feel sorry for everyone who can't experience it due to too high expactations or technical issues.

I play on a PS4 Pro and sure, I got some crashes, graphic bugs and glitches. BUT nothing that really affected my overall gameplay experience. Especially after path 1.04 my game runs pretty smooth.

Cyperpunk 2077 has amazing world building, story telling, quest design and characters that feel very much like real human beings. Especially in the current pandemic situation, that does not allow me to spend the holidays with my family, this game is like a godsend to me. It allows me to dive into an interesting world full of emotion, action, intrigue, mystery and so much more.

More and more I get the feeling people forget that video games are more than graphics and frames per second.

Cyperpunk 2077 has amazing world building, story telling, quest design and characters that feel very much like real human beings. Especially in the current pandemic situation, that does not allow me to spend the holidays with my family, this game is like a godsend to me. It allows me to dive into an interesting world full of emotion, action, intrigue, mystery and so much more.
What you're describing here is dependent upon a subjective value judgement but no less valid in terms of your own experience. A similar experience is what I was after.

More and more I get the feeling people forget that video games are more than graphics and frames per second.
I feel exactly the same way and this is why I think a game like Snatcher from 1988 is a much better game than CP2077.

The issue:
CDPRs reputation is based on trust, honesty, Non-Greed and Consumer Friendlieness.
The release of CP2077 is full of lies, dishonesty, greed and a completely unacceptable state of the game.
Lies: Game ran well on last gen consoles
Dishonesty: They stated many times that certain features are confirmed despite them not being a thing. They stated that the game would be released when it's done. Etc
Greed: They didn't delay the last gen ports, probably because most people play on them. So more money.
Consumer Unfriendliness: They released an incredibly bugged and broken game.

They had basically undermined each and every stated tenant of their own set standards, they ended up looking like complete hypocrites. Their reputation DOES give them some leeway with issues however they seem to have failed to understand one simple thing:

People held them to a higher standard, not less, because of their reputation and ideals.
You don't expect anything out of EA. If they release a completely broken game in such a state people tend to just shrug and go "Well it's EA what did you expect?"

It's a pretty natural thing to expect more out of people who you like, respect etc. CDPR is a company not a person but the same very much applies here. Especially when you undermine every single thing you stand for.

They were hiding when they said the game ran surprisingly well on PS4.
Either paramount incompetence, a pure lie or their idea of running surprisingly well is that it ran at all.

Which considering the state of CP2077... I mean yeah. That would be surprising. It's like when you shoot out the legs from people in game and they float around and run without them. Damn, they are running surprisingly well.

I am giving CDPR a chance to fix the game. They probably will, and eventually re-add all the content cut to meet release. It would be brand suicide to do anything but. Still, the warning signs of this were pretty early with x employees stating how awful the management staff are and this whole ordeal stinks of management staff being incompetent and Covid just making that more of a factor. I somehow doubt management staff being bad will be dealt with because they are the weakest link but also the ones who are buddies with all the folk at the top apparently. Least according to x devs of the company. I guess they [management] think CDPR name is the brand not the developers that make the games. So think Bioware. Great development team, hot garbage management staff.

I currently hold them to a lower standard than EA. I think of them less than EA. Because at least EA doesn't make grand statements then goes back on them entirely. CDPR can come out of this stronger than before much like No Mans Sky or FFXIV. But some drastic steps are needed to accomplish this. We'll see.

I am enjoying the game all in all, but it needs 1-2 more years in the oven.

For the OP, I am giving CDPR a chance by not refunding the game. Even though they delivered something that is a shell of what they promoted.

And I am not talking about performance and glitches. These are always relatively fast fixed from serious enterprises, it's a matter of a couple of months. I am talking about the essence and that is a matter of ideology and policy, but I have already analyzed that multiple times. Too lazy to do it once again.

So I am of course giving them another chance cause of their history. But I will voice my disappointment and suspicion of treason. I will also voice my hope that they once again have a change of heart, this time in the right direction.

You see... they were for me the anarchists, the hippies of AAA gaming that kept delivering. Gamers' resistance in an industry of questionable methods and multiple sellouts.

The game did commercially great, you got your gold. Now please fix it.

What Hello Games did and is STILL doing to this day is legendary. I scream their names from the rooftops everywhere I go. I hope I can do that for CDPR. Hope is only hope though.
Let's be completely and utterly honest here.
Hello Games underdelivered on their product and their only achievement is that they managed to turn that bad product around, but ideally there shouldn't be any need to do so. They are not heroes for doing that, they only managed to do what they were paid for by their playerbase. It's not a legendary feat, it's something that they should've done in the first place.

Top Bottom