[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
The Mass Effect 3 Ending was horrible in it's lazyness. It didn't bother me that Shepherd died in all of them but one. It was clear to me, that my mission is to save organic life and not my own. The mission was so big that self-sacrifice was foreshadowed in a meaningful way and I accepted that practically after the attack on earth.
The 3 color explosion and the non-existing epilogue were just lazy af, but after all I archieved what the game set out as my mission: I beat the reapers. So at least I wasn't a failure, the self sacrifice made it even more impactful for me.

Cyberpunk tells me the mission is to save my own ass, to survive the engram of Johnny and the relic chip. I can't do that. There is no way to archieve the main mission of the game. That is just bleak.
Johnny survives and hasn't even the decency to call my girlfriend Judy who he has witnessed suffer through A LOT to tell her of my heroic sacrifice and that I didn't just forget and ghost her. He prefered giving some rando a present and forget about me, his savior as fast as possible. What a dick. Bleak experience.

I want the avocados to pay back what they owe me and in some magical way the game understands that as my wish to spend the rest of my life with this bunch of trailer trash losers, who cry about everything and have a maturity level of an infant? Then I want them to play some Samurai before the big battle, but they refuse just to play cry-country music. There even stands a guy in his underwear with fli-flops and a beer looking like the perfect meme.
I hated every single bit of that because that was never what I meant, when I wanted to keep the casualties to the avocados, because they needed to pay up and I didn't wish to risk any friends besides Panam. Set out to be a legend, now settling for crybaby loser trash. Yeah, bleak experience.

Didn't experience the others but read about them and watched some video footage. Seemed all very bleak to me.

So in a way I haad a better experience with Mass Effect 3, I was just angry about the lazyness. They fixed a lot of that with all the DLC who let you wrap up things with your friends and expand the ending. In Cyberpunk I strongly disagreed with MANY railroaded events and chats during the endings. That wasn't what I was going for. I wanted my last scene to be sitting in an ultra stylish neon-chrome looking appartment, glancing over my new chrome, having a line and some liquor and meaningless sex or my love interest by my side, looking stylish af and having no worries about anything. Living fast, living hard. No fs given. Looking good while doing it, making it look easy.

Mass Effect promised a story about becoming the hope of mankind and fight against seemingly unbeatable odds a mission most likely doomed to fail. It delivered this experience.
Cyberpunk didn't. Where is my neon-chrome ending, just having a great time living the street-samurai/solo lifestyle as the best mercenary in Night City? Being the one in a million to make it big in Night City, while others are eaten alive? That was promised, that wasn't archieved.
Post automatically merged:
An add onto this is that if you actually worked for it you could survive all of Mass Effect. There's one ending you can achieve, that you have to work for, where you live. We don't even get that here, not yet at least.

Exactly, is this game supposed to fill me with hope, confidence and power. To think that if I put my nose to the grind I can achieve whatever I want? Or make me feel depressed as heck?

In regards to engram's are just a memory trace, that's their meaning. But doesn't that make a person? Soulkiller makes a brain completely blank, it literally copied and pasted you. In reality of it, an engram is probably still a person. The only thing they're lacking is the hormones, slap them back into a body and they'll have that. What's worse than death about it is that you're robbed of your body. You wake up on the other side, and you may realise what happened to you. It's the forcible removal of a 'soul' that's the issue. In regards to the main religion shown in cyberpunk, the fact your soul is now a tangible item it goes against the teachings of Buddha.
Johnny says that V's hormones are all over the place even though I thought that was a reference because V is probably in his early 20s (or so I think anyway.)
Either way, hormones are fixable, CP genre has high-tech, memories are just neural paths that keep branching and electric shocks that stimulate those paths to recall events (to put it simple ofc it's more in depth than that)
I see why people question losing your "soul" like, are you pretending to have emotions? Are you an AI with emotions or are you yourself? Personally if I had the choice to have my brain wiped and copy-pasted it as it was the moment it was wiped to save me (or make me live slightly longer) I'd take it because heck it's just me, Johnny has a personality and he doesn't even have a physical body, his psyche developed more and more since the time he died even, he recalls being in Mikoshi and all that.
I think if engrams were just AIs we'd be more like Alt or Delamain, heck even Delamain who is fully aware his home is beyond the blackwall has more emotions and split personalities than Alt.

The Mass Effect 3 Ending was horrible in it's lazyness. It didn't bother me that Shepherd died in all of them but one. It was clear to me, that my mission is to save organic life and not my own. The mission was so big that self-sacrifice was foreshadowed in a meaningful way and I accepted that practically after the attack on earth.
The 3 color explosion and the non-existing epilogue were just lazy af, but after all I archieved what the game set out as my mission: I beat the reapers. So at least I wasn't a failure, the self sacrifice made it even more impactful for me.

Cyberpunk tells me the mission is to save my own ass, to survive the engram of Johnny and the relic chip. I can't do that. There is no way to archieve the main mission of the game. That is just bleak.
Johnny survives and hasn't even the decency to call my girlfriend Judy who he has witnessed suffer through A LOT to tell her of my heroic sacrifice and that I didn't just forget and ghost her. He prefered giving some rando a present and forget about me, his savior as fast as possible. What a dick. Bleak experience.

I want the avocados to pay back what they owe me and in some magical way the game understands that as my wish to spend the rest of my life with this bunch of trailer trash losers, who cry about everything and have a maturity level of an infant? Then I want them to play some Samurai before the big battle, but they refuse just to play cry-country music. There even stands a guy in his underwear with fli-flops and a beer looking like the perfect meme.
I hated every single bit of that because that was never what I meant, when I wanted to keep the casualties to the avocados, because they needed to pay up and I didn't wish to risk any friends besides Panam. Set out to be a legend, now settling for crybaby loser trash. Yeah, bleak experience.

Didn't experience the others but read about them and watched some video footage. Seemed all very bleak to me.

So in a way I haad a better experience with Mass Effect 3, I was just angry about the lazyness. They fixed a lot of that with all the DLC who let you wrap up things with your friends and expand the ending. In Cyberpunk I strongly disagreed with MANY railroaded events and chats during the endings. That wasn't what I was going for. I wanted my last scene to be sitting in an ultra stylish neon-chrome looking appartment, glancing over my new chrome, having a line and some liquor and meaningless sex or my love interest by my side, looking stylish af and having no worries about anything. Living fast, living hard. No fs given. Looking good while doing it, making it look easy.

Mass Effect promised a story about becoming the hope of mankind and fight against seemingly unbeatable odds a mission most likely doomed to fail. It delivered this experience.
Cyberpunk didn't. Where is my neon-chrome ending, just having a great time living the street-samurai/solo lifestyle as the best mercenary in Night City? Being the one in a million to make it big in Night City, while others are eaten alive? That was promised, that wasn't archieved.
Post automatically merged:
The game wants me to believe that my corpo female V has decided to go live with a bunch of hobos in the desert, without giving it a second thought. Not only is it bad, it's devoid of any logic or reason. It's like the writing took a nosedive to the ground the moment it reached the point of no return.

An add onto this is that if you actually worked for it you could survive all of Mass Effect. There's one ending you can achieve, that you have to work for, where you live. We don't even get that here, not yet at least.

Yes, I didn't even knew that in my first playthrough but still dying didn't bother me that much, as it was clearly stated as a suicide mission. Reading about other endings I realized I could survive and that motivated me to replay the game, varying some of my decisions, keeping others and get rewarded by surviving. I thought this aspect alone was a good one.

The game wants me to believe that my corpo female V has decided to go live with a bunch of hobos in the desert, without giving it a second thought. Not only is it bad, it's devoid of any logic or reason. It's like the writing took a nose dive the moment it reached the point of no return.
Corpo lifepath is not corpo at all to begin with, you become a mobster like 1 hour in don't you?

At least in Mass Effect you can play 1+2 and ignore that 3 exists.
And Bioware has paid the price, no one trusts them anymore after they fucked up so bad Mass effect 3, hope CDPR don't make the same mistake. Though they are still clueless about this...:disapprove:

This game was supposed to be better than Witcher 3 and Witcher 3 is infinitely better than Cyberpunk. (it was supposed to be 3 times bigger than Witcher 3 and is not, is shorter than Witcher 3 xD)
The only good thing about all this is the new REDengine 4 and that the game is pretty much fixable if they put enough effort to do so.

Johnny says that V's hormones are all over the place even though I thought that was a reference because V is probably in his early 20s (or so I think anyway.)
Either way, hormones are fixable, CP genre has high-tech, memories are just neural paths that keep branching and electric shocks that stimulate those paths to recall events (to put it simple ofc it's more in depth than that)
I see why people question losing your "soul" like, are you pretending to have emotions? Are you an AI with emotions or are you yourself? Personally if I had the choice to have my brain wiped and copy-pasted it as it was the moment it was wiped to save me (or make me live slightly longer) I'd take it because heck it's just me, Johnny has a personality and he doesn't even have a physical body, his psyche developed more and more since the time he died even, he recalls being in Mikoshi and all that.
I think if engrams were just AIs we'd be more like Alt or Delamain, heck even Delamain who is fully aware his home is beyond the blackwall has more emotions and split personalities than Alt.
V is 27 age, its official info
Hormones because she/he has the problem with it , the corporations tell us about it in the beginning

Guys I need backup, Does anyone know when you end the story by arasaka you kill Johny silver hand or what happened to him? because I have all the other side missions to do so
i think the engramm of johnny is shreded but your brain was still altert by the chip so johnny is still inside your head so when you get soulkilled also johnny somehwat is soulkilled

V is 27 age, its official info
Hormones because she/he has the problem with it , the corporations tell us about it in the beginning
I dunno where it does but afaik food is full of hormones/antibios cuz everything's gone to shit and everyone is eating chemical sawdust filled stuff innit?

I hate to repeat myself, but the point where the game falls apart is the Blackwall mission.

That's when we are forced to agree to AI Alt's insane plan to kill us and turn us into an engram. She even says that changes everything, while Johnny just shrugs and says that it changes nothing - that fucking idiot, he himself was turned into an engram and the tech called it a fate worse than death. And now they force my character to agree to that.

All it takes is one extra dialogue branch and to remove the line about being turned into an engram. Let our character refuse that part and we get a better ending, even if it means only 6 months to live. At least it will be as the original V and not as Engram V, or lobotomy V.

lol in a world with a :

-Rogue in her 70ish

-Adam Smasher

V can definitely survive in a DLC, it's logic and aknowledgement 'bout cp world.

It makes sense from a gameplay perpsective (there is no ng+ actually)

Lets be real here - are you talkign about the 1 second breathe animation scene? Because sorry, that was just as garbage as the "six months to live" ... actually even more insulting to me...

In regards to what is worse ending - ME definatly, as I was way more attached to Shepard and crew...and never got the whole "self sacrifice is about to happen, mission too big, Reapers too strong" etc...nonsense. Since ME1 and even ME2 Shepard defied any odds. Sadly ME2 botched it by returning to status quo and adding 99 new crewmates and their problems instead of focusing on truly continuing the story from ME2. I could go on a long tirade now how ME2 set up ME3 to fail but...meh...

Ironically though MassEffect and CP have something else now in common to me personally: I hope for both future upcoming content make them playable to me.

Just as I hope CDRed announces a large storydriven Post-Ending DLC featuring V's story I hope Bioware announces ME-Remastered to have small alterations to the endings...or they announce more infos on the next ME and where that journey goes. If they make clear to me all the Shepard being dead and Blue/Green etc are various shades of sillyness no longer in the cards, or find a nice way to make all three happen, I am immediately buying the Remaster and play the trilogy again...after like 8 years having not touched them...

Gosh, I hope CD Red doesn't take that long ...

What is it with people suddenly saying that Arasaka ending is best, when in reality it's the worst, you become sellout, Saburo is back, Arasaka is stronger than ever, and they declare war on Militech which will cause many casualties.

I hate to repeat myself, but the point where the game falls apart is the Blackwall mission.

That's when we are forced to agree AI Alt's insane plan to kill us and turn us into an engram. She even says that changes everything, while Johnny just shrugs and says that it changes nothing - that fucking idiot, he himself was turned into an engram and the tech called it a fate worse than death. And now they force my character to agree to that.

All it takes is one extra dialogue branch and to remove the line about being turned into an engram. Let our character reguse that part and we get a better ending, even if it means only 6 months to live. At least it will be as the original V and not as Engram V, or lobotomy V.
I thought they'd expand blackwall, instead I'm sent to the VB, they don't explain FUCKALL untill you're already next to it and even then they barely explain anything, why AI wars, why do rogue AIs want to break in realspace etc. etc. glad I fried them tho.
Missed opportunity, still think BW could save V tho.
Either way, they don't explain what really changes either, it's infuriating

I think a DLC to expand on the different lifepaths is a very valid idea/request. With added endings to reflect the different mentalities.

I think a DLC to expand on the different lifepaths is a very valid idea/request. With added endings to reflect the different mentalities.
Or expand Jackie, there's a huge montage of shit they do for months except.. It's just a montage.. xD

What is it with people suddenly saying that Arasaka ending is best, when in reality it's the worst, you become sellout, Saburo is back, Arasaka is stronger than ever, and they declare war on Militech which will cause many casualties.
V doesn't get soulkilled in it, and it's the main ending of the game, no need for side quests. And if Arasaka got stronger and gonna go to wat with Militech, more story plot for V.

I know CDPR have more important things to do right now, but I also remember how players were unsatisfied with the W3 Triss romance ending (both dialogs and other stuff). And after some time CDPR improved that in the game and released a small update with it. I just hope that some day CDPR will also re-work those endings as well.

For me, the most disappointing part was not even the lack of true "good ending", but the so-called secret ending. It was pretty tough and hard (especially on max difficulty level). And what I received for that? Almost nothing. The same ending that you've got, if you let Johnny to decide. Yeah, some folks will be alive, but you can't even enjoy it, because you can't choose what to do next - leave the NC or try to become a legend. You can't even enjoy the nomad pass anymore, because you can't go with them.

The Nomad ending for me was like "please help me, I am afraid to die, so I will send all you guys and girls to die instead". Cmon, I am an adult person, I want to solve my problems by my own and then decide what to do. Maybe I wanted to kill everybody in Arasaka and then return to Nomads like a true champion, not like a useless junk. All nomads in camp was like "poor V, we will help you and die for you", but I want nothing of this. I wanted to take Johnny (don't use any medicine) and deal with my own problems and then enjoy the life.

I just hope that devs will add such option someday. At least it will be a good reward for players, who achieved that secret ending - to choose what to do with the rest of their life.

Top Bottom