[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
You made Alt, an AI very strong. Not only that, you also connected Johnny to her, so you might have created a ticking bomb in cyberspace.
I didnt make Alt. Alt was the "best net runner the NC has ever seen" that was captured by arisaka and killed by them. Thats why Jhonny boy nuked them. Game didnt give me any other option than go to her. That meet if its obligatory should doom me in RPG, would you agree?

Honestly I gotta ask. What are chances that they will put some statment like we hear you we will see what can we do? Or anything else

For now they have far bigger problems than revising the awful endings. Sony kicked them out of their store. Microsoft put a warning sticker on the game, regarding performance. All hands on board are likely trying to get this to run better on the consoles.

The only thing we can do for now is to keep the thread alive and put in the patience to explain to newcomers why the endings in this game are awful and unworthy of Cyberpunk or a CDPR rpg and what a drop in quality it is, after Witcher 2 and 3.

you-were-supposed-to-save-pc-gaming-not-destroy-the-single-player-experience.jpg

I didnt make Alt. Alt was the "best net runner the NC has ever seen" that was captured by arisaka and killed by them. Thats why Jhonny boy nuked them. Game didnt give me any other option than go to her. That meet if its obligatory should doom me in RPG, would you agree?
Alt was Jhonnys girlfrend or fuckbuddy or whatever I dont care at this point. You had to meet Alt, and game should not be like yeah Alt fucked your head up and you have no choise

Honestly I gotta ask. What are chances that they will put some statment like we hear you we will see what can we do? Or anything else

in regards to the endings? Pretty sure not until next year, if ever at all...

First comes massive patches (hopefully) adressing the most pressing concerns people have on consoles and stuff.
Might even become an Anthem-thing in that regard...

Uh, Anthem 2.0 still coming, or not ? (^^)

I said it a couple of times: There are to me only two possibilities: CD Red always planned to continue the story of V via DLC, as they couldn't finish the game in time anyway, leaving a cliffhanger of some sort. With them seeing the ending "six months to live" not as dire as we do, but think the players see it as an obvious "six months again to solve the final problem" or something...

The other is ... CD Red is totally fine and always intended for such a bleak ending, and don't even understand what people like me make a fuss about...and will surely not alter plans to just put our minds at ease, when they always had other plans for post launch content.

However - if the technical problem dust has settled a little, we might see if CDRed comes forward with their future plans and all...

For now they have far bigger problems than revising the awful endings. Sony kicked them out of their store. Microsoft put a warning sticker on the game, regarding performance. All hands on board are likely trying to get this to run better on the consoles.

The only thing we can do for now is to keep the thread alive and put in the patience to explain to newcomers why the endings in this game are awful and unworthy of Cyberpunk or a CDPR rpg and what a drop in quality it is, after Witcher 2 and 3.
We will do our best. I really care about this game and I wont give up until they say their final word

not a false hope, in logical terms they cannot leave the game in this state.

The replayability is destroyed

you find legendary equipment in panam ending that u cannot take back

story is incomplete

this game will last long is stupid think that V story ends here. They're just using a cliffhanger technique, this takes to:

-theory crafting

-rant

= people talk about the game, their purpose

-the game was released way too incomplete
They knew it was incomplete and still released it, they were planning to announce DLC plans in January.

If the reaction they received wasn't so negative, they might have not even considered doing fixes for consoles.

I used to be a huge cdpr fan but not anymore, I have lost my trust.

We don't know their plans about the future, they could introduce characters more interesting than V (V is not even the main character after the ending)

The comments here at least give hope that they might listen.

I won't be here forever though, and once I leave I will be gone forever (I put over 200 hours into Cyberpunk fanart, and have been excited since 2013).

At this point it's better to invest my time in something worthwhile.

Corporations don't do what's right, they do what's profitable. If enough of the community make a demand the corporation caves because it affects profit margins. Be that right or not, it's how it is.

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

in regards to the endings? Pretty sure not until next year, if ever at all...

First comes massive patches (hopefully) adressing the most pressing concerns people have on consoles and stuff.
Might even become an Anthem-thing in that regard...

Uh, Anthem 2.0 still coming, or not ? (^^)

I said it a couple of times: There are to me only two possibilities: CD Red always planned to continue the story of V via DLC, as they couldn't finish the game in time anyway, leaving a cliffhanger of some sort. With them seeing the ending "six months to live" not as dire as we do, but think the players see it as an obvious "six months again to solve the final problem" or something...

The other is ... CD Red is totally fine and always intended for such a bleak ending, and don't even understand what people like me make a fuss about...and will surely not alter plans to just put our minds at ease, when they always had other plans for post launch content.

However - if the technical problem dust has settled a little, we might see if CDRed comes forward with their future plans and all...
Thank you, I hope its first option but hey, we will see

-free dlc in february/january

-possible extended content soon in early 2021

let's keep this thread alive lol they cannot ignore it c'mon

This is almost the "half-game" if we speak 'bout story, it's clear.

13 milions copies sold, they have the money, now they have the time to add the cut content

you made Alt STRONGER. Yes! Choice is the problem with the game, there is none.

They knew it was incomplete and still released it, they were planning to announce DLC plans in January.

If the reaction they received wasn't so negative, they might have not even considered doing fixes for consoles.

I used to be a huge cdpr fan but not anymore, I have lost my trust.

We don't know their plans about the future, they could introduce characters more interesting than V (V is not even the main character after the ending)

The comments here at least give hope that they might listen.

I won't be here forever though, and once I leave I will be gone forever (I put over 200 hours into Cyberpunk fanart, and have been excited since 2013).

At this point it's better to invest my time in something worthwhile.
First can you share some fan art? I would love to see it. Second no one here will be here for more than a year or two at best. Many people wont replay the game because they dont see point of putting themselves in misery

you made Alt STRONGER. Yes! Choice is the problem with the game, there is none.
Welp at the end I did, I agree
Post automatically merged:

The story of Cyberpunk - how corporate greed and mismanagement ruined the reputation of one the most valueable gaming studios on the planet. Oh the irony....

Maybe V's mission was not to bring down Arasaka but CDPR. A 100% success.

Sneaky developers. If they wanted that then *misson pased
-respect
+pissed of as many fans as possible

I'm not even sure what the writers were going for. It almost seems like their 'canon' ending is where Johnny takes over V's body, whilst V vanishes into the internet. But I donn't see any worthwhile 'message' in this resolution, there's nothing noteworthy or meaningful about V dying so the engram can continue in V's body. It's just very morbid and bleak.

More importantly, that ending just highlights the game's massive elephant in the room that never gets addressed. Johnny's engram is NOT Johnny himself. The real Johnny was born, lived his life and then died. The engram imprinted on V's chip is just a copy of Johnny, therefore killing V so that copy can live out a new life is an incredibly dark ending - the original Johnny would have hated to have murdered V in such a way.

It's very odd how the story is written as if Johnny's engram is Johnny himself back from the dead, instead of acknowledging that it's just a copy that's acting as random neuro-malware and killing an innocent person.

Plot twist! Cyberpunk'd isn't about YOUR character at all but THEIR copy of the real main character.

Top Bottom