Cyberpunk 2077 is too short!

+

Do you believe CDPR should take the effort to make the main story of CP2077 longer (45h+)?

• Yes, they should make it a core improvement part of the next free DLCs and patches.

Votes: 41 26.5%
  • No, main story is long enough as it is.

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • They should make both the main quest much longer and also make side quest chains much longer.

Votes: 87 56.1%
  • I like short Call Of Duty single player, this game is too long, they should shorten it to 5~10h.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would rather have a main quest that is short vs grindy. I don't have time to spend doing things that are repetitive, or boring, just give me the good stuff and let my decisions and level make the difference.

As everyone has said here, the side quests are, most of the time, a joy to play through.
Main quests are usually the oposite of grindy tho. If anything then usually it's the side activities that usually end up beoig copy paste.

Main quests are usually the oposite of grindy tho. If anything then usually it's the side activities that usually end up beoig copy paste.

I recently Played AC: Valhalla and that main quest was such a grind. Maybe I'm still traumatized.

compared to TW3 CP 2077 is really short, my first playthrough on tw3 without the DLCs took me 103 ish hours. As for cyberpunk doing all the sides took me 64 hours.

I recently Played AC: Valhalla and that main quest was such a grind. Maybe I'm still traumatized.

Ubisoft games are the definition of grindy because that's what they're built around, they're true open world games where the story takes a back seat to the player just exploring and messing around with the world.

Sadly enough, making the game grindy is one of the easiest and most seamless ways to make it so the game's giant world feels like it exists for a reason. Ironically the problem CP77 is facing right now, is that there's nothing to grind, thus most of the world despite its beauty has no reason to exist.

You can have open world games with a decently long story without making them grindy (Games like GTA / Saints Row / Yakuza accomplish this well). I personally think they overshot the shortening with CP77. Witcher 3 -was- too long and drawn out in places, but Cyberpunk just feels like it's missing huge / important parts of the plot.

The story is definitely shorter than I would have liked. But boy, was the story good?

Loved the story so much, got an ending which I really liked and I think that it suited the choices I made throughout the story. I am planning on doing all the other endings too just to see them. I would not want to see the story changed personally, but highly depends on what they add and how they add it, if they add it.

Personally I don't care if the game is 20 hours or 80 hours, as long as the story keeps me interested. I feel like short and sett is better than a long and bitter dragged out story.

The main story can be completed in less than 20 hours. CDPR lied saying that Cyberpunk 2077's main story is only slightly shorter than The Witcher 3. For a game that's been in development for 8 years, the main story should of been at least 30-40 hours long which would of been a lot more acceptable. This is so upsetting. :/
You dont just go and play the main story, its the wrong way to enjoy the game. If you dont try side missions you are missing a lot. Main story is there because you race with time to save V, thats why you dont go around jerking off. If you miss Judy,Panam,Delamaine black guy whos cop etc, you didn play right
Post automatically merged:

Point is to play side missions. You are paid for that. If you go only for main mission you are missing the point

Last edited:
At this time I have 120+ hours played in CP2077, and 16% of the main mission done.

Given the amount of side content remaining I'd say 300+ hours would not be unreasonable. YES, some of it is grindy, but I'd say 1 in 5 or so of these side missions are rather interesting, more interactions with Johnny, the Fixers, various NPCs. And as a side benefit you (of course) level up so get to play with the nice toys and skills!

I've been gaming for roughly 20 years, and I'm fairly certain I can say I never felt a game was *too" short. Short, maybe, *too short*, I don't think so.

Unfortunately, this could possibly be the first game I say this about.
I don't understand how some people log 100 or 200 hours with not much of the main quest done, but yeah, everyone plays differently.

Just for context, I'm playing my V on Hard difficulty, and now that I finally managed to get my hands on a decent revolver and silencer for stealth takedowns, and a beautiful katana for my gorilla arms to slice through concrete with...
...I get the "point of no return" warning and realise the game is nearing its end, with just under 26h put in, making my heart drop. All those things I still wanted to do, about to go into an "endgame mode" which I don't much care for.

I know there's a lot of sidecontent. I'm a bit of a half-as*ed completionist myself.
I didn't count, but my quest log is 80-90% completed missions, and except for some regions of NC which are still hard for my "unfinished" character, I've completed well over 60% of sidequests and gigs - for which my mindset was "oh I must complete as many as I can before getting all glitched up". For me, most of them were quite generic.

I'm level 29 and have level 35 weapons in my inventory, which I doubt I will ever use. I have perks I'm thinking I will only ever use on other playthroughs if I spec fully on 1 or 2 stats. Tech is my main stat, and I'm too many skill points away from being able to craft legendary items to even bother by now.

I couldn't even touch Epistrophy due to a bug not even allowing me to interact with the cars, but I don't mind those bugs that much. Sh*t happens, and can be fixed.

The ME series, AC, Gothic I-III, KoA, TW2 and 3, GTA's, Mafia, Sleeping Dogs... I've played all of these and many more, more than once, and I can certainly say I FEEL each and every one of them had more content than Cyberpunk.
I like my ROLE playing games to have a big enough chunk of story that I can fully enjoy all other features in the game while feeling this sense of progress in the game world. And that didn't happen here, for me.

I know this game has had a lot of hype, and that sometimes makes expectations hard to meet, but for my part, I can honestly say I'm disappointed not with the quality (on the contrary), but with the quantity. I prefer a full mediocre ham pizza I can fill my stomach with, than half a slice of a caviar and truffle pizza. But this is my opinion.

I have over 150 hours in one save. How is it to short? Some of the side quests are better than the main quests.

Just LOL
If you finish this game in 20 hours you've just rushed it.
It took me 70+ hours before deciding to finish the main quests. And I still had a lot of stuff to do !

Just LOL
If you finish this game in 20 hours you've just rushed it.
It took me 70+ hours before deciding to finish the main quests. And I still had a lot of stuff to do !
Don't know what are you talking about, but I just finished the game with 71 hours of a gameplay, and did EVERY single little quests available on the map. I did this on the hardest difficulty, and it was not even close to hard. Game is so much shorter than Witcher 3, about 2 time shorter in my experience.

Attachments

• EndGameSave-0.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 50
Don't know what are you talking about, but I just finished the game with 71 hours of a gameplay, and did EVERY single little quests available on the map. I did this on the hardest difficulty, and it was not even close to hard. Game is so much shorter than Witcher 3, about 2 time shorter in my experience.

Do you take the time to read about what happened during gigs for example ? I like spending time exploring, reading emails on computer to understand what really happened (there is always something interesting to read).

Same goes for reading the datapads for NCPD scanners. I haven't read through all the shards I found because there are too many. I mainly read the ones about the game lore.

Also, I don't fast travel because I enjoy driving around the city.

Spent around 120 hours in total. Although, most of that was faffing and exploring, and in some cases just having the game running while I made dinner or did other stuff.

In all honesty though, once the main story progressed to the 'OMG you're gonna die if you don't find a fix' section, I completely lost any interest in doing side quests. And in a roleplay scenario, being frank, why would you bother with them? Nobody in that kind of situation would bother with anything else, unless it progressed their path to a not dying solution. So doing them just became a pure gameplay element, not a roleplay element. Ergo, I just ignored them.

So, yeah. Game design-wise, from a roleplay perspective, it was very short.

That said, and in all fairness, the same issue cropped up in The Witcher 3. Seriously, you're trying to find Ciri. Why are you bothering with halfassed side jobs? Get going, Geralt! However, the difference there is that you could leave them and come back to them post endgame and do them. The gameworld is partially reset, true. But there is, at least, a sense that you can pick up on those side jobs and easily headcanon that the gameworld has moved on.

It's impossible to do that with CP77, given the finality of the ending and the way the game just reverses time to drop you back in to it...with exactly the same problem that you had before, as if you never finished it and achieved anything more.

The main story can be completed in less than 20 hours. CDPR lied saying that Cyberpunk 2077's main story is only slightly shorter than The Witcher 3. For a game that's been in development for 8 years, the main story should of been at least 30-40 hours long which would of been a lot more acceptable. This is so upsetting. :/

I share your sentiment. It took me over 100 hours to complete Witcher 3. It took me < 60 hours to complete Cyberpunk. by the time I approached ending, my level was high enough that all side jobs were danger level: moderate or lower (while they started at very high). As a PC gamer, I really loved Cyberpunk, had zero crashes even though numerous bugs. Maybe thats why game seems shorter than it is. I still have some Panam quests left so i guess i'll do that and explore alternate ending which should give me another 25 hours.

I might also be biased when comparing with Witcher 3 because i had its DLC as well all of which took about 170 hours in total to complete.

In general I would have been fine with the main storys length (disregarding the extra length you get while completing side content) if:

1. The lifepaths had more meaning and impact on how the story unfolds
2. Choices would matter more often, and shape the stories progress

Imo, I see replayability only if you're interested in trying out a new playstyle (netrunner, stealth, etc.) or pursuing a diffrent romance option. Or maybe try going for that secret ending by building up Johnnys friendship level or whatever it's called. But replayability for the main stories sake? I don't know.

"CDPR lied" well.. yes... they sure did! They actually lied about quite a lot of things... to the point where they are getting sued (and rightfully so in my opinion) the fact that they are getting sued by investors and not their customers is actually hilarious to me!

I think this one is going to be largely subjective. My first play through the game, I largely stuck to the main story quests and even missed large chunks of the game that related to Johnny's story with his old friends. Even then, it took me 40 hours to complete the campaign.
My second play through, I spent more time searching out side quests and found entire chunks of story I had missed my first time playing the game. There were still several missions I never completed and it took me 60 hours to complete the game.
So, everyone has their own threshold. But, I was fairly satisfied with the game's length. I probably wouldn't have minded more story as I freaking love this setting and world, but I do feel personally that the game started wrapping up the story right before it became a grind for me. To each their own.

To me, any good RPG* NEEDS a long fulfilling journey of a main story with a long satisfactory triumphant ending and hundreds of hours of side quest long chains and activities.

Seems CDPR directors publically agree with me too (attached image is but one example).

*(good action adventure games included)

What do you think?
Post automatically merged:

Just unbelievable...

Attachments

• 20210102_004209.jpg
    20210102_004209.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210102_010707.jpg
    20210102_010707.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 20210102_010752.jpg
    20210102_010752.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I loved the W3 but hell I was annoyed after the 100 h I needed to finish it. This was far too long for me and the story was a 7 of 10, what gave me the feeling of wasted time for this long game.
As consequence I found never the strength to start with the Add-Ons. On regular days I can play for two hours in the evening. And as I am a completionist, even CP is too long apparently. Well, at least I can see some of the patches until the credits this way. :)

Regards

Top Bottom