CDPR: Please help the noobs with D'jinni

+
This migth sound stupid, but north is usually upside in all maps :-\As per the more detailed map of the town I was looking at it las sunday without luck ;D But I had an idea, can we detect when the area where Geralt is is the pink one? If that can be done then the map for town can be manually loaded, the function is => loadmaparea("bmpname") Geralt's location should have to be checked on the 'onheartbeat' trigger... but still, how can we know what COLOR area Geralt is? ??? ??? ??? ???

Sorry Raven, i did not mean to imply that the .bmp resources are on the wiki .. only that the maps from the game (player viewable maps) are there for reference if you want themif you want them, they are here --> http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Category:The_Witcher_(computer_game)_images_--_Maps

@Game widowYou are my best friend from now on ;D ;D ;DNow there is no more problem to get these waypoints set for all locations, that was exactly what I was looking for.Thanks very much 8)

WOW! :eek:You made it !!!Now it looks easier to make the witcher GPS running.So far it works fine on 3 maps of my mod, but I found only a single white spot on the Sewer (gl04) .bmp.I wiped my screen ;), but the second spot would not appear. ???

Cool, now maybe you guys can help me get over this last hurdle ... why are my maps not showing ??? i'm only using area gl24 so far and can't even get the map to display, but i at least don't have a message saying i have no map. When i press M i get just a black square with the "Village" scroll and my player location marker, but no actual mapThe map of Temeria on the same screen (different radio button) is fine ... it's got to be something stupidly easy, i'm sure of it ... help! :)

Are there any errors in the Aurora log. when the area starts? regereggl24.xxx or wp_special_xxx error?If there are no errors, walk somewhere across the area. In my case the minimap appeared sometimes. The big one too with the Marker on the left or bottom.In this case change the names of the near and far wp.

nope, those are all gone ... i do have some errors, but they are potion related so i really doubt there's an impact, but possiblybut i was wondering about wp_special_near and wp_special_far ... must we have that pair in each "map-able" area? and if so, do they all get the same name ? what exactly are the naming conventions?i *have* added a crypt, and i can get in and out of it, etc, but i haven't tried the map there yet.it's the details that bog me down ... not really the execution :) sorry if the questions sound thick...

Yes, you have to place wp_special_near and wp_special_far in every map-able area.there are nothing special with this two waypoints. You only have to place them on the right spots. I think a special direction is not nessecary. Nor any Properties changed.If you found out the exact position of the waypoints (by using the glxx.bmp and maps of your wiki-link)place them, save the module, and test it. If the map ist still black change wp..near and wp..far and try again.

Omg, when I came home today and went in the kitchen, my cat was eating something. I looked at him, and said:"Hi, Geralt". It took me at least 3 seconds to realize what I have said and to remember his real name (Gizmo).Are there any psychologist here on forum, please tell me that I am not mad ??? ???Seems like I must have a break from this game and the D'jinni, or else I will come home some day and say: "Eskel" to one of my other cats. :'( *seufz*@Thingol
So far it works fine on 3 maps of my mod, but I found only a single white spot on the Sewer (gl04) .bmp.I wiped my screen Wink, but the second spot would not appear. Huh?
Hm, there is only one white pixel, have you tried out to set only that _near-waypoint, or maybe both must be set on this point? ???I don't know, I haven't the time to try out because I'm totally busy with my contest mod. Sorry, thats my only idea at this time.@Game widow
it's the details that bog me down ...
Don't worry, you're not the only one. ;) Don't forget to delete that 'reg' before the region-names in the properties! And maybe you can get the map by adding it to the 2da override, but I don't know if this works.And what is with that smaller village map (mapgl24_1.tga), does anybody know how to get this in (change from the normal map to this one like in the game), I haven't yet an answer if it is scripted or how this can be managed. ??? (hey, Red Flame Team, where are you guys? Making holiday or playing 'Deception' all night? Maybe you can tell your scrub woman to have an eye on the noobs here ;D ;))

@game widowI tried to solve your map Problem with the gl24 map, so I made a new testmap(gl24).I think i got the same error with a green marker on a black map. My mistake: I renamed the Files "reggl24_0.2da" and "reggl24_0.bmp" to "gl24.2da" and "gl24".bmp.But it is important to have th "_0" in the names (gl24_0.bmp, gl24_0.2da). After this it worked fine in my test-area. 8)

I tried to solve your map Problem with the gl24 map, so I made a new testmap(gl24).I think i got the same error with a green marker on a black map. My mistake: I renamed the Files "reggl24_0.2da" and "reggl24_0.bmp" to "gl24.2da" and "gl24".bmp.But it is important to have th "_0" in the names (gl24_0.bmp, gl24_0.2da). After this it worked fine in my test-area.
As for those .bmp, you shouldn't rename the bitmaps itself, as I said before you should only delete the 'reg' before it in the properties window. Then it should work fine. ;)After all, here is some scripting problem to solve now :D:I have made an own door-template, this door is attached to a wall and the player should be able to get on the other side of the wall (to a waypoint) by using or clicking that door.Here is the script I made, but it doesn't work ???:
void main(){ object oDoor = GetObjectByTag("trigger_d01"); object oidEntered = GetClickingObject(); object oidWaypoint = GetObjectByTag("dwp_major_08"); location lLoc = GetLocation(oidWaypoint); AssignCommand(oidEntered,ClearAllActions()); AssignCommand(oidEntered,ActionJumpToLocation(lLoc)); AssignCommand(oidEntered,SetFacing(GetFacing(oidWaypoint))); }
Maybe someone knows whats wrong with it. ???Edit: Because doors used to be attached on the walls, here is an explaining word. The wall is in the midst of a room and the other side is not reachable for player.He must touch (use) this door to get on the other side because it is an own template, the normal door functions aren't in the properties of that special door, I tried out to set those script in 'on used' and 'on open' in the properties.

Uff, this is the last problem before I go to bed :whistle:Could someone please tell me why I have "flying pillows" and "fallen cups" ???In Djinni its all in its place, but when I make a testgame the pillows are flying over the bed and the cups fall down on ground.pillows in Djinni... in game... cups in Djinni... in game... what I have found out so far, if I set this as a static placeable in the properties they won't fly or fall, but the other cups on the left shelf aren't static and they stay well in their places, so whats the matter with the other cups (the big bottle stays well too, without being static)? And why are the pillows flying over the bed, they are set exactly on the bed in Djinni? ??? ???

Vases hanging at walls like spiderman, flying pillows... what other curiositys will we found while riding deeper into that D'jinni-forest..?Meanwhile I stumbled upon another problem:The situation: A sign in front of a tavern, Geralt can get some contracts from it like in the game.The problem: I made a new item template (a contract based on the original Ghoul contract), I saved it to the module. I opened the sign-properties to put this contract in its inventory, but in the inventory list I couldn't reach the module-folder, only the item-folder.When I save this item-template as a global dokument, I can save it in my directories under the item folder, then it can be reached from those inventorys item list.But then it is global and when the player hasn't this global dokument installed, he can't play, better said for the player it will not be there. So this template has to be saved into module itself, otherwise I have to put all this things zip together with the mod and the player first has to install that stuff.I searched the global properties of Djinni to set a path or something like this, so that this inventory list can "see" this module-folder with the template, but there can only paths be set for textures, models and a few more, but not for the templates.Does anybody know what to do here? ???And has nobody an idea about the other questions I asked about in the earlier posts?

this may be a stupid question but, have you tried just shutting down djinni and moving your folders around ? Djinni "sees" everything that is under Data at the point that it opens only, so every file name change or move makes it necessary to shut down the editor and restart it, but this has worked for meyou have to be careful not to duplicate resources, but i just keep adding stuff under Data as i find / need ithope that helps .. otherwise, no ideas ... but do let me know if you get any :)

Game Widow, I know what you mean, but there is an essential problem with moving those folders around...The player of the mod (somewhere in the world), who downloads my mod later, will not have those unbiffed stuff, or the extracted m1_module or the temp folder as example.So I must save this to my mod to keep it in and the player later will have it. But... and that is the problem, if it is saved to the module I can't reach it in that inventory list.When I move it around into another folder D'jinni don't recognizes this item when I play it. I even can't type it in by hand (in the inventory), because D'jinni don't recognizes it.I have tried out this things yesterday for 4-5 hours, I put items from m1-module in, made own templates for some items and then I thought about this...I uninstalled game and Djinni, deleted all unbiffed stuff and all witcher folders. Then I made a totally new install only the game and D'jinni, this time without unbiffing or extracting anything... and there was it, some items I used from m1_module weren't there and also some items I made myself were no longer there.And that is the problem, yes it runs when all the stuff is unbiffed, but it runs not when a player runs this mod and doesn't have this stuff unbiffed, you can't give this mod to the player and tell him before he can play he has to unbiff this or that or he has to extract the temp folder of m1_module or whatoever.

HexenmeisterRaven said:
Game Widow, I know what you mean, but there is an essential problem with moving those folders around...The player of the mod (somewhere in the world), who downloads my mod later, will not have those unbiffed stuff, or the extracted m1_module or the temp folder as example.So I must save this to my mod to keep it in and the player later will have it. But... and that is the problem, if it is saved to the module I can't reach it in that inventory list.When I move it around into another folder D'jinni don't recognizes this item when I play it. I even can't type it in by hand, because D'jinni don't recognizes it.I have tried out this things yesterday for 4-5 hours, I put items from m1-module in, made own templates for some items and then I thought about this...I uninstalled game and Djinni, deleted all unbiffed stuff and all witcher folders. Then I made a totally new install only the game and D'jinni, this time without unbiffing or extracting anything... and there was it, some items I used from m1_module weren't there and also some items I made myself were no longer there.And that is the problem, yes it runs when all the stuff is unbiffed, but it runs not when a player runs this mod and doesn't have this stuff unbiffed, you can't give this mod to the player and tell him before he can play he has to unbiff this or that or he has to extract the temp folder of m1_module or whatoever.
I think - I really hope - that so long as you don't change the names of the model files, the runtime system will find them in the .bif files even though D'Jinni doesn't.

Simon, yes I know what you will say to me.I tried many hours, and the ob_-named things from the key-files will work, no problem.The only problem is to get an own made item template into the inventory of a sign, so that Geralt can pick up this contract. It will be there, when you save it to the module and it can be choosen from the taskbars symbol "create item" and it can be placed somewhere in the area, but and thats the point, I can't reach it to put it in a box that Geralt later has to open to get it (like the sign in front of the tavern where Geralt picks up his contracts). I set "has inventory/true" and i opened the list and there is only the item-named folder not the module folder where D'jinni saved this item, I also can't type it in by hand because D'jinni clears that field as was insert nothing. Thats the real problem.

Top Bottom