Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I explicitly made mention of a sentence that compares it to your house being robbed. I have to assume people understand that, right?

Which is also what made me quote that specific post.

I didn't expand the post you were quoting and thus couldn't see the last sentence. That's on me.

Even then, I'd argue that, no people do not realize what getting your house robbed means and everything it entails because it never happened to them. A decade ago my old house was robbed twice in the span of 6 months and I can say, from experience, that I didn't expect half of what happened with the police, my mental state, the insurance, the robbers (they found them), my family and how in the long term it even affected my house itself because of what and when they broke in. It's a long story and it's not for this thread or this forum (since it's only about CDPR's games). Only trying to explain my point which is that most people I spoke with about me getting robbed at the time thought it was pretty simple - damn that sucks for your stuff but you got insurance harr, harr! When the reality is much more complicated than that.

Anyway I'm diverging since my answer to you was more about how calling their wants and needs petty isn't the right way of going about that situation.

While we dearly wanted to deliver Patch 1.2 for Cyberpunk 2077 in the timespan we detailed previously, the recent cyber attack on the studio’s IT infrastructure and extensive scope of the update mean this unfortunately will not happen — we’ll need some additional time.

Oh, that's terrible. Best of luck to you guys.

You know what else is terrible? Waiting since 15th december for refund for a broken game (that studio failed to deliver on time), continues to fail to fix, and now apparently fails to deliver a patch on time.
But, I guess I already know what you guys have to say to me [...]
After all, I finally got an official reply in february
"there are no grounds to believe that the product is not wholesome or that it does not comply with advertising materials"

Guess that's wha I deserve after falling for "directly supporting CD Projekt".

Oh, that's terrible. Best of luck to you guys.

You know what else is terrible? Waiting since 15th december for refund for a broken game (that studio failed to deliver on time), continues to fail to fix, and now apparently fails to deliver a patch on time.
But, I guess I already know what you guys have to say to me [...]
After all, I finally got an official reply in february

Guess that's wha I deserve after falling for "directly supporting CD Projekt".

1: Did you buy the game directly from CDPR? If not, where?
2: What platform do you use?

Two strike-outs, what's the third I wonder? Bioware just gave up on Anthem finally last night. 2021 is on a roll!
Third strike is that they have just made another promise that they can't deliver on. Being that the patch will see significant changes to the game without explaining what changes making it so that everybody inserts their particular strife with the game and being extremely disappointed in March.

Third strike is that they have just made another promise that they can't deliver on. Being that the patch will see significant changes to the game without explaining what changes making it so that everybody inserts their particular strife with the game and being extremely disappointed in March.
This much is true. As with the pre-release hype, players are free to interpret "beyond any of our previous updates" in any way that they want to. This pretty much assures a repeat, on some level, of the launch disappointment held by many players.

P.S. - I interpret it as "one more fix than was in any previous update" :) That is disappointing. I am still trying to understand why they didn't use the extra month to do a few more fixes. ;-)

A delay on a big patch that for an infamously delayed game, Imagine if they announced this with that yellow background CDPR letterhead

1614274123796.png

This situation really really sucks. This game did not need any more bad rep. I understand what happened. And its not the fault of the team. But this is going to hurt the game hard.

The alternative is them giving information and having people dissect every single word over the next month and then these same persons will start having issues with that information as well because XYZ reason and complaining about it for a month. Doesn't strike me as any better.

Furthermore, if they fail to deliver on a single one of those bullet points they'll get crucified again. Again, doesn't strike me as any better.

Remind me again why they should give us any information beyond "it's the biggest yet"?

The simple truth is that people should expect very little. They've delivered very little in terms of patches so far and there is, at this point, no reason to believe that 1.2 will be any different. People need to learn to temper their expectations and they won't be as disappointed.

to CDPR dev team: Take your time with whatever you need :)
I personally love CP2077 and am looking forward to the future for the game. I fully understand the hack/cyber attack delayed things. I just hope the team takes the time they need to make whatever fixes/changes needed and the dlc and expansions to make them great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom