CP77 Wardrobes and Styles

+
Jeans or canvas pants, t-shirt, maybe an overshirt...

Really thats kind of been the standard for casual wear for the last 60 years...

Which is something that a Nomad or Rockerboy of the more country side of life might wear.
Though in Night City I think you will be extremely hard pressed to find such a comfy outfit.

Jeans or canvas pants, t-shirt, maybe an overshirt...

Really thats kind of been the standard for casual wear for the last 60 years...

Another point I just thought of...

Denim requires cotton. With so much of the world's agriculture being dedicated to growing crops that can provide food and fuel, I think cotton would take a back seat to synthetics.

That would mean that just about any item would have a similar durability to other common clothing items. Obviously practicality would be a key issue forany, but style should remain more so.

Another point I just thought of...

Denim requires cotton. With so much of the world's agriculture being dedicated to growing crops that can provide food and fuel, I think cotton would take a back seat to synthetics.

That would mean that just about any item would have a similar durability to other common clothing items. Obviously practicality would be a key issue forany, but style should remain more so.

Polyester jeans and T-shirts, obviously.

...GAH. >_<

On the upside, I found another site to link to, that I think has good styles for the game; I'll link just the one pair of pants, and you can snoop through the site from there.

Downside: I want to buy TONS of stuff from there. >_<

I need a deeper wallet...

wow....these pants are freaking ugly....

Hemp fiber? All those cartels in Mexico also start getting into the textile business?

Hemp fiber? All those cartels in Mexico also start getting into the textile business?

Bio-Plague wiped out much of the worlds crop plants, (cheers CIA...) so natural fibres of any kind would more most probably become scarce. Synthetics would be so much cheaper and simpler to produce.

(I believe the Cartels got into organised crime after their plantations became mush...)

Just the one for now:

Bio-Plague wiped out much of the worlds crop plants, (cheers CIA...) so natural fibres of any kind would more most probably become scarce. Synthetics would be so much cheaper and simpler to produce.

(I believe the Cartels got into organised crime after their plantations became mush...)

Not really, it was long enough before 2020 that while there was a brief but extreme shortage, the food and fibre crops would have recovered, albeit mostly under control of corporations.

Marijuana would be pretty much impossible to wipe out, as there are enough private grow operations which never would have come into contact with carriers of the virus to ensure it's survivability. And for the rest, virus resistant strains would have quickly taken the place of the old crops. Even illegal crops such as cocaine and opium. The resistant opium is even talked about in Pac Rim.

Hell, Coca Cola alone would have ensured the survivability of the coca plant.

Hmm. I thought 2020 canon, ( often contradictory and worthy of interpretation), was that hemp was gone gone gone?

I do not remember anything about hemp being gone. Remember that the CIA engineered something to kill the poppeys and coca plants. Does coke come from coca plants? Does chocolate come from coca plants? Also, didn't the USSR try to blame the CIA for their crop failures?

Coke and chocolate do not come from the coca plant, no-o. A very long time ago, Coke had actual cocaine in it, yes. From coca leaves. Chocolate comes from the cocao plant.

Cola is indeed made from coca leaves, same as cocaine, (and many other medicinal derivatives,) and chocolate, (or specifically cocoa,) comes from cocoa seed pods. They may be of a similar genus however.

From Coca-Cola's wikipedia page
In the United States, the Stepan Company is the only manufacturing plant authorized by the Federal Government to import and process the coca plant,[57] which it obtains mainly from Peru and, to a lesser extent, Bolivia. Besides producing the coca flavoring agent for Coca-Cola, the Stepan Company extracts cocaine from the coca leaves, which it sells to Mallinckrodt, a St. Louis, Missouri, pharmaceutical manufacturer that is the only company in the United States licensed to purify cocaine for medicinal use.[58]

Yeah, that alone would be enough to ensure that Cocaine remained in produxtion, as Coca-Cola is a megacorp of epic proportions.

Pharmaceutical companies would also ensure the survival of both cocaine and opium, particularly the latter as there really is no more effective a pain killer than Morphine.

Coke doesn't have any cocaine in it, it's made from used-up coca leaves. Why not a cocaine-free genetically tailored variant?

I dunno. If the DEA could wipe out the coca plant, I bet Coke would stand firmly behind the idea and then either a) quietly license a genetically modified version without cocaine that survived the bioplague or b)switch to a different plant or substance. I'd bet on A, though.

Megacorps are susceptible to public opinion, too. I can see them being ardent supporters of the War On Drugs, since they've made it pretty clear they are anti-drugs.

Interesting - Coke is barely in the top 100 of the Fortune 500, at 70-something iirc. That means there are 70 companies more powerful in the U.S. Huh.

Pharmaceutical companies are less interested in effective and more interested in trademark control. If coca plants went bye-bye, they'd have more control over their proprietary products. Maybe.

Anyway, I find it totally plausible that coca gets wiped out by the DEA, yes.

Coke doesn't have any cocaine in it, it's made from used-up coca leaves. Why not a cocaine-free genetically tailored variant?
Surely you are old enough to remeber New Coke....

I dunno. If the DEA could wipe out the coca plant, I bet Coke would stand firmly behind the idea and then either a) quietly license a genetically modified version without cocaine that survived the bioplague or b)switch to a different plant or substance. I'd bet on A, though.

Megacorps are susceptible to public opinion, too. I can see them being ardent supporters of the War On Drugs, since they've made it pretty clear they are anti-drugs.

Which megacorps? Biotechnica, Phizer, Dole, Johnson and Jhnson, Bayer?

Interesting - Coke is barely in the top 100 of the Fortune 500, at 70-something iirc. That means there are 70 companies more powerful in the U.S. Huh.

Yes, only 70 corporation are more powerful than that company that makes soda pop. How many of them have a more recognizable brand image though?

Pharmaceutical companies are less interested in effective and more interested in trademark control. If coca plants went bye-bye, they'd have more control over their proprietary products. Maybe.

Anyway, I find it totally plausible that coca gets wiped out by the DEA, yes.

I can totally see them putting a major dent in coca production, but Cartels have botanists on payroll too, creating new, more powerful, and more resistant strains of Coca. The loss would be temporary.

Surely you are old enough to remeber New Coke....

Of course! That was a sugar taste issue, though. Also marketing. Apparently, consumers liked the taste, but they mishandled the marketing? I dunno.

Which megacorps? Biotechnica, Phizer, Dole, Johnson and Jhnson, Bayer?

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant Coca-Cola is anti-(illegal) drugs. Publicly, of course.

Yes, only 70 corporation are more powerful than that company that makes soda pop. How many of them have a more recognizable brand image though?

Quite a few, I'd think, but I haven't checked. It is pretty powerful. Soda-pop, discount goods, insurance...many powerful companies focus on banal products and do it well. That's one of my favourite things about 2020 - THOSE corporations make COOL stuff!

I can totally see them putting a major dent in coca production, but Cartels have botanists on payroll too, creating new, more powerful, and more resistant strains of Coca. The loss would be temporary.

I think if given the go ahead, western science could pretty thoroughly smear cartel science into the ground. Irrevocably destroy the strain and maybe all similar things, certainly outdoing whatever the cartels could do. They aren't First World powerful. Yet.

That raises an interesting question - what DID happen to the cartels in 2020? I'd have to look up the timeline, but didn't the DEA make them a moot point as well in canon? Or did they reconfigure?

Organized crime doesn't see much love and....

OH MY GOD WE ARE SO OFF TOPIC. RAINCOATS. RAINCOATS ARE NECESSARY. WISDOM QUICK SAY SOMETHING ABOUT CLOTHES BEFORE MODS MURDELATE US.

Um yeah, Hemp canvas dusters are awesome... and they can stand up to just about any abuse... yeah...

Top Bottom