New interview with creators!

+
Upload the images to tinyurl or somewhere as a first step.

I suspect the dev team will be changing up a lot in the next year as Witcher 3 people start to be reassigned and roles change. Or should that be Roles?

I don't want to piss off anyone for saying this (even though it might sound like an invitation) but what did they really reveal? What new information did they really give? We kinda knew about all this.. While i'm really really grateful for confirmation, i really really really hoped for something a bit more...

Well, at least it is good to know that they are on the right direction.. Not that i had any doubts..

Customization influencing story is pretty significant. The rest of it was old news, but demonstrated their intent on how this game should be made. We've gotten so little tangible info, to actually hear them talk about it was nice. If they're in England at some convention maybe we're bound to get more reveals?

Customization influencing story is pretty significant. The rest of it was old news, but demonstrated their intent on how this game should be made. We've gotten so little tangible info, to actually hear them talk about it was nice. If they're in England at some convention maybe we're bound to get more reveals?

Not all of it is old news. They have now come out and said that they will be 'modernising' the setting, aiming for the same sort of 'future shock' vibe that 2020 had back in 1990.

To members here who aren't familiar with the Witcher series, or how many concepts discussed on the forums actually appeared in the games - read this article. It's no coincidence. He straight up says the forums are a resource for them. Not many developers would say that.

Also some parts of this one:
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/inde...ith-adam-kicinski-and-marcin-iwinski-git-2013

Especially this:
Let me just add one thing. I disagree with Marcin on one detail - it's not like we're not doing anything else at the moment, with all hands on deck for The Witcher 3. The majority of our energy goes toward TW3, but Cyberpunk is going according to schedule as well, it's being developed. And after TW3 is done, we will probably continue to work on two large projects - then, Cyberpunk will be the leading project, with something else budding alongside. We also have a parallel, smaller calibre project - in size, not quality of course - being made in Kraków.

which answers Spider's earlier question.

The Cyberpunk 2077 teaser got me learning about CDPR and how they operate, now they are my favorite game developers and I've never even played one of their games. I would play TW games but I'm super busy right now, so sadly, I can't.

The Cyberpunk 2077 teaser got me learning about CDPR and how they operate, now they are my favorite game developers and I've never even played one of their games. I would play TW games but I'm super busy right now, so sadly, I can't.

You are not the only one. work, work.

Wonder when we release more details about cyberpunk <hyped> gta5, witcher 3 are the only games I care about atm.

I don't want to piss off anyone for saying this (even though it might sound like an invitation) but what did they really reveal? What new information did they really give? We kinda knew about all this.. While i'm really really grateful for confirmation, i really really really hoped for something a bit more...

Well, at least it is good to know that they are on the right direction.. Not that i had any doubts..

Yeah, that is what I felt too. Its like most of the times they were just confirming old stuff that we already knew the game is gonna include like open world vastness, no heroic and epic world saving shit as a main plot focus but rather a dark, gritty and ruthless environment and more like saving ur ass environment etc. etc. just did it in different words + they put some little 'new' things which everyone pretty much expected to be included in the game like that character mods will affect the story etc. and that they care about the 50 yrs progress both in our world and in the world of the cyberpunk but hey isn't it kinda obvious!? :D

I think this interview's worth highlighting over here. It's with the TW3 director, but it's the best I've seen for describing CDPR's culture and approach to game development. And there's also a few references to the designers' relationships to the forums. And to marketing. :)

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/inde...ith-konrad-tomaszkiewicz-english-translation/

Nice find. Watching...

Also some parts of this one:
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/inde...ith-adam-kicinski-and-marcin-iwinski-git-2013

Especially this:

which answers Spider's earlier question.

Yeah that is interesting and that might be accurate I mean the studio in Kraków is a tiny one so it should be perfect for some project of a lesser scale

3 year production cycles with releases every 18 months...

So with 2012 being the year Cyberpunk was announced, so 2015 looks good for the intended release date, about 18 months after TW3...

I wonder what other titles they are looking at right now for future development?

Yeah, that is what I felt too. Its like most of the times they were just confirming old stuff that we already knew the game is gonna include like open world vastness, no heroic and epic world saving shit as a main plot focus but rather a dark, gritty and ruthless environment and more like saving ur ass environment etc. etc. just did it in different words + they put some little 'new' things which everyone pretty much expected to be included in the game like that character mods will affect the story etc. and that they care about the 50 yrs progress both in our world and in the world of the cyberpunk but hey isn't it kinda obvious!? :D

It's a confirmation of some things that people have been assuming to be true, but which hadn't been explicitly said before. So there were no surprises in there, but some people will be less worried than they were a few days ago.

Unless they were expecting a simple shooter of course, in which case it probably would have been a bit of a surprise :)

Yes that is really an interesting issue for me and I think not only for gamers around the world but bassically innovative and creative people.

I am so thrilled to watch my very polish company to develope the right way:
1. A great fantasy flagship title and world which is moreover based on a fabulous novel by a polish writer which also blend all the typical medieval concepts with magic fantasy and SLAVIC culture and habbits. Makes a Trilogy out of that.
2 Go for a bold project in SCI FI which is also based on some very well written and constructed source which is obviously CP2020 PnP which aspires to be another flagship product of the company
3. Work on other projects
4. Win prizes
5. Make nation proud! :D

I dont want to sound overenthusiastic or shit but for real it looks like there is a polish blizzard slowly emerging... :D

I'd like to see them do something based on Slavic mythology, there's such a wealth of material out there, and they've only touched on it in the Witcher series. Not necessarily in a medieval setting, they could make it contemporary or near-past.

I'm not really into sci-fi games, so from a purely selfish perspective I hope it isn't that.

And I'm not really concerned about them becoming Blizzard. They've said that there's a limit on how big they want to be in terms of staff size, and there's definitely a limit on how big they could get and still keep that workplace culture they're so proud of.

Something based on true Slavic mythology, perhaps during the en of the bronze age and into the iron age would be awesome. Its my favourite historical period.

Alternatively, I do like steampunk...

Something based on true Slavic mythology, perhaps during the en of the bronze age and into the iron age would be awesome. Its my favourite historical period.

Yeah, I was thinking steampunk too, but I thought I'd let someone else be the first to say it out loud. And I like the bronze/iron age suggestion too. It doesn't seem to have been done much, does it?

Oh, and there's been some extra content added to this:
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/36783-qa-with-adam-kicinski-and-marcin-iwinski-git-2013/
in the last few hours, the guy doing the translation has finished it now.
I think you'll all be happy with:
AK: Also, speaking from a commercial point of view - even if we dislike that term - people who played the pen & paper game are our core audience , so if we did something wrong we'd have a huge problem right from the start, so we have to concentrate on that, making sure that the, well, millions of people who played Mike Pondsmith's game are satisfied.

That has to be a reference to Wisdom, right? Please tell me they're not trying to satisfy Sard.

I'd like to see them do something based on Slavic mythology, there's such a wealth of material out there, and they've only touched on it in the Witcher series. Not necessarily in a medieval setting, they could make it contemporary or near-past.

Yes that is very true that its a very very rich source of inspiration - the slavic culture. In terms of gathering from that slavic source I liked The Witcher 1 waaay better than TW2 but hey I stopped playing somewhere in the dwarven city coz of my weak rig and didnt want to force it. I'll just comeback to it sometime with better hardware. Anyway it doesnt look that slavic as TW1 but ofcourse new engine and story makes it a great game for sure.

I'm not really into sci-fi games, so from a purely selfish perspective I hope it isn't that.

And I'm not really concerned about them becoming Blizzard. They've said that there's a limit on how big they want to be in terms of staff size, and there's definitely a limit on how big they could get and still keep that workplace culture they're so proud of.

Well cyberpunk is SCI FI you can like it or not but thats how it is...

About blizzard...What you say is the exacto what I meant saying that there is a POLISH 'blizzard' emerging... I thought more in the terms of how the products are well known by the gamers and how the reputation of the company is big not in terms of corporate bullshit they do now.

Don't know much about steampunk but as far as I remember its some starnge mix of classical era + magic with a strong underline of machinery...

To tell the truth I believe it works that way: One can like Sci Fi over Fantasy or post-apo over steampunk etc but can also find any setting amusing and alluring thanks to great and intriguing story and richness of characters and world .PERIOD.

For example I liked SciFi stories and games more because they often touched more important stuff than most of the fantasy colourfull shit were just more serious. Which does not mean of course that I would like to live in 40.000 unversum or a cyberpunk city you know. I love nature! :D

Oh, and there's been some extra content added to this:
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/36783-qa-with-adam-kicinski-and-marcin-iwinski-git-2013/
in the last few hours, the guy doing the translation has finished it now.

It is just a great watch I love the approach of REDs! Quality over quantity! and thanks God they are not involved in any crappy markets like mobile gaming etc. I am not sure about the board game tho

Yeah, I was thinking steampunk too, but I thought I'd let someone else be the first to say it out loud. And I like the bronze/iron age suggestion too. It doesn't seem to have been done much, does it?

A cross-over of the two could work. I loved this image:

A steampunk Tyr, one of the Norse Gods.

Top Bottom