Scenes with other PCs than Geralt from Witcher 2 in Witcher 3

+
Scenes with other PCs than Geralt from Witcher 2 in Witcher 3

Who else here hopes that the occasional swap to different character from Geralt in Witcher 2 is making a strong return in Witcher 3? You know, when you where allowed to play as Henselt, Stennis, Roche, Iorveth and Triss a while and even decide small outcomes in certain situations.
I actually rather liked those scenes and thought it created very intresting storytelling aspects to the game. You got the feeling that Geralt does not need to be around if intresting stuff is happening. Plus it was kind of cool to play as King of Kaedwen at the negotiation tables and all.

I think that Witcher 3 would too benefit greatly from couple of character swappings. If Geralt will truly be most of the time roaming god-forsaken lands or something, it would only make sense to occasionally play as Marshal of Radovid in Tretogor keeping order or as White Flame Dancing On The Barrows Of His Enemies himself going through battle plans in a tent to get insight and highlight on happenings in the larger world which ultimately affect Geralt even as he is not directly involved in them. Geralt would not have to forcefully know personally every politically important character and always be around at the right time for the sake of the plot.
Also couple of moments playing as Yennefer and Ciri would help new players to get attached to them before actually meeting them.

I peronally think it would be kind of cool to play for example as (blind) Philippa in a secret meeting with other remaining Lodges members.
Or a scene (similiar to the part in Lady of the Lake book) where student in the future is studying the historical third war with Nilfgaard and Northern kingdoms in a Solider Academy in Nilfgaard. It would explain to the player what the heck actually happened in the long and chaotic war with the Black ones in a birds perspective (so to speak).
Plus if you would answer wrong in a dialogue choice to the teachers questions he would smack your ass with a map pointer :popo::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Answer to your question: yes, I've thought about it and I liked those scenes. But it was kind of scary to start Act II as Stennis/Henselt - suddenly you are not Geralt, you are some other person. On the second run I enjoyed those moments.

I certainly want to play as Eredin!

Answer to your question: yes, I've thought about it and I liked those scenes. But it was kind of scary to start Act II as Stennis/Henselt - suddenly you are not Geralt, you are some other person. On the second run I enjoyed those moments.

I certainly want to play as Eredin!

I was really, REALLY confused on the first playthrough. It took me a few minutes to work out what was happening. Yes, I'd like to see it again.

addar

Forum veteran
it was such a tasty nuance for books readers, Sapkowski also likes starting books from others perspective, and i also hope this kind of narrative will back in W3

The problem is that the player doesn't know Henselt, and yet the player is made to choose dialogue options for him. In theory it sounds like a bad idea to me. But playing those parts in TW2 felt really refreshing and interesting to me. So I don't know what to think.

YES!! , sapkowski does that so they should keep doing it in the game as well, plus it would be a great excuse to play as ciri

It was great in TW2. With Henselt as soon as it happened, I made a save, and played all possible dialogue choices.
Yes, I want the same with TW3, if it is possible.

I would like to see scenes where I get to play as Roche or Saskia or Iorveth. Maybe these can be events that occur during the 6 months between TW2 and TW3?

Not exactly high on my wishlist but it'd be nice to include. They really need to flesh it out more, though. Parrying arrows as Roche was just...

I think it was ok to play as other characters yet I like to play whole time as one character and since that one character is Geralt I did not like those scenes that much. The thing is it gave me intresting point of view on story but in moment I had to fight with these characters I was like "why?! I´m goddamn Geralt, master swordsman, not some some of these useless fighters". Also I like to catch story more from eye of the main hero-me. I think it´s hard to personalize myself into more ingame characters when you can control them for a while and then they become npcs again. It is little wierd.

for me,playing as Ciri from time to time would definitely be satisfying enough

That is something I would really like ( no big surprise here, right ? ).

But setting all the Ciri fandom aside for a second, I think it's a good idea in general.
It all depends on the context though.

There are some things Geralt just wouldn't do (for example sneaking and stealing) and controlling
another character would enable the player to work around that moral barrier during certain quests.

It'd also be fun to control someone like Vernon Roche along with some blue stripes in a quest
to uncover something that sheds a bit more light on the main quest.

So yes, why not ?
If it makes sense within the context, bring it on !

Depends, while i like the idea to play as someone else for a while it needs to be better done for me to like it, maybe it's me or that you're too used to play Geralt but taking over Seltkirk, Stennis etc felt clunky (like trying to move a brick wall tbh) and repositioning takes forever in comparison and yes i know 2H and heavy armor is supposed to be slow but it's definately not an enjoyable experience especially after playing Geralt 99% of time but i can't deny that i wouldn't want to fry enemies with a fireball now and then.

They did it a few times in TW2, so my guess is that they will do it in TW3 again (if it fits in the quest/story ofc). But you have to consider that when in TW2, if you would control a guy who wasn't Geralt, they always had very basic combat animations. You could fight with Roche/Iorveth, that assassin and with that Aedernian guy if I remeber correctly. With Dandelion you couldn't fight at all.
Imagine if cdpr let us play with a sorceress. It would take a lot of time if they also want that 1sec/animation. And don't forget the spells that should be implemented.
So if you ask me if they will let us play with other character then I would say, yes, but it won't be more expansive in comparison with TW2 (I think).

I liked it in TW2, for short periods to advance sideplots. Sure. But no multicharacter story.
I don't know, I personally have never been such a huge fan of Ciri. I don't dislike her, but I am not THAT excited for her.

i think ( play in) other NPC with a new combat system will be cool . but i think that not always necessity (in my opinion )
well .like Dandelion case as example. you know he don even fight with anyone in TW2 , but we can still enjoy has story .
hmm,,, well ( think again ) he have a fight with a succubus :p

but,,, if we really can play as sorceress i hope is will be , Francesca or at lest Philippa
Francesca ( for what I think ) is it likely that she will have a many role to play in TW3
but the most interest me is .philippa .who have so many mastery that wait to be discover

( but well this remain to be seen )

I don't really care for it. I like to immerse myself into the character, and swapping to another one kinda breaks that a bit for me. But it's not a very big deal, so i don't mind if they do it again.

Yes, but only yes if it we're going to see it on a larger scale, and if they actually make it feel different while playing with other characters, refined different movesets and abilities, with different gameplay, the people you played in TW2 had the same movesets as Geralt, except they couldn't roll. I'm afraid that this will be a little more challenging in an non linear setting TW3 is going to be, but who knows, maybe they'll pull it off.

Top Bottom