The Witcher: House of Glass #1 of 5 Comic Book Released Today!

+
I pre-ordered it a few weeks ago at TFAW.com and today they sent a "will be sending a package soon"-mail - i hope, they really will send it to Europe, because now I don't see any option for it (only for the forthcoming #2 - #4)
btw: I updated the wiki entry for this comic series. Hope, you'll enjoy it :)
No worries dude. I just walked into TFAW store at 11AM yesterday morning and got 1 of the only 2 copies he had. He said he had to order more.
So if I was you.. just e-mail TFAW and ask him if he can put you on a list and order early for the next comic that comes out on April 23rd in US. ;) No worries bro you will get #1 and #2 and #3.. so on and so forth. (Patience)

Last edited:
Sorry wasn't around, no you can't download it or 'own' it on your PC like gog :(
You can just view it on their site, it's bound to your account. Still better than not being able to buy it at all though. 5 issues, so hopefully we'll get a physical copy with all of them together in the form of a graphic novel in the last part of the year, will buy that for my physical comic book/graphic novel/witcher collection.

Been routing around to find a physical copy to order, ebay and individual sellers on Amazon are all I have found.

No worries dude. I just walked into TFAW store at 11AM yesterday morning and got 1 of the only 2 copies he had. He said he had to order more.
So if I was you.. just e-mail TFAW and ask him if he can put you on a list and order early for the next comic that comes out on April 23rd in US. ;) No worries bro you will get #1 and #2 and #3.. so on and so forth. (Patience)
new mail from today's morning says: "Your TFAW shipment [...] has been sent" - so it's on the way, in 3 or 4 weeks I'll hold #1 in my hands :thumbsup:

Okay. Read it. Enjoyed it. I'm a huge Witcher fan, though, and not terribly discriminatory in my love of seeing Geralt Do Things. Keep that in mind. If I saw a Geralt cameo in, I dunno, Judge Dredd, I'd giggle happily and immediately up-rate the issue. So, yeah.

That said, let's start with the negatives. The art is good, but not my favourite. It's that "arty" representational style you may be familiar with. rather than being as true-to-life as possible, it's more focussed on impressions. A couple times, faces aren't drawn out. Swords aren't straight. Limbs are, well, yeah. Evocative, not exact. Still good, just not my favourite.

The dialogue is a bit off. Geralt sounds sort of modern-casual Geralt. His intensity is somewhat lacking in speech and word choice. Still acceptable, but jarring from time to time.

It's short - kind of like the last chapter in Witcher 2! AHahahh! Ah. ha. Mutter. Anyway, it went by pretty fast, which is good and bad.

Okay, positives:

I like it a lot! It's Witcher media! It's not terrible! The evocative art gave me that whole murky-forest/dangerous waters feel I find in the books and games. TV series doesn't exist.

Geralt still feels like Geralt. Cynicism, mysterious knowledge, spooky powers and swordmanship. The supporting character also felt quite real and casual-tragic. Life is hard, mistakes are bloody, etc. You know the drill.

A delicious amount of Witcher lore is displayed in a few pages. Bruxia, drowners, grave-hags and more. Felt good, baby. All well-illustrated and written.

Mixed good and bad: made me want to play Witcher 3 so badly it felt like a physical hunger. Time to replay Witcher 2, I guess.

Honestly, I'd wait to buy the graphic novel or buy a few issues all at once. I'll be doing that.

The dialogue is what bothered me the most. As you said, it wasn't quite right. Geralt was a tad too friendly, not enough of an asshole. The biggest problem, however, comes from the fact that every single thing that would normally be told by the author (in the books) or in a journal (in the games) is now explained by Geralt... in the middle of the action. Didn't like that one bit.

And yea, the artstyle isn't really my thing, much preferred the one in the Reason of State comic. It did get the atmosphere right, though. Some of the 'horror' bits were quite effective, especially when reading the digital version with the 'snap to panel' mode on.

I liked not-so-obvious artstyle, but I agree about the dialogues. Too modern. Bro-tastic-sword-hack-n-slash. I guess I'm skewed cause I experience Sapkowski's writing in original, ancient Polish, but still the game's English translations were fare more true to the original than the comic book.

However, I think they got the atmosphere. Not quite there yet, but getting close, I think it has potential to really catch wind in issue no.2.

I just purchased a copy from DH.

I really liked the story, and most i liked this classic Gothic "adventurish" style which The witcher series is been feeding us since the beginning . When i finished reading i did say: "DAM IT!! WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!" (which is a success for a comic)

Things i didn't like:
1) You cant download the comic to a pdf(like) file
2) Its veeeeery short......i finished the comic in like....10 min :(

Nevertheless as a collector of the relevant Novel/saga/Game i would also buy a hard copy to add to my collection but i bet it would cost much more in order to arrive in Greece :(

Keep up the good work guys!!

Last edited:
Great news. I like The Witcher comics, and this one looks really good. I won't be buying separate issues, though. Will be waiting for the whole collection.

Okay. Read it. Enjoyed it. I'm a huge Witcher fan, though, and not terribly discriminatory in my love of seeing Geralt Do Things. Keep that in mind. If I saw a Geralt cameo in, I dunno, Judge Dredd, I'd giggle happily and immediately up-rate the issue. So, yeah.

That said, let's start with the negatives. The art is good, but not my favourite. It's that "arty" representational style you may be familiar with. rather than being as true-to-life as possible, it's more focussed on impressions. A couple times, faces aren't drawn out. Swords aren't straight. Limbs are, well, yeah. Evocative, not exact. Still good, just not my favourite.

The dialogue is a bit off. Geralt sounds sort of modern-casual Geralt. His intensity is somewhat lacking in speech and word choice. Still acceptable, but jarring from time to time.

It's short - kind of like the last chapter in Witcher 2! AHahahh! Ah. ha. Mutter. Anyway, it went by pretty fast, which is good and bad.

Okay, positives:

I like it a lot! It's Witcher media! It's not terrible! The evocative art gave me that whole murky-forest/dangerous waters feel I find in the books and games. TV series doesn't exist.

Geralt still feels like Geralt. Cynicism, mysterious knowledge, spooky powers and swordmanship. The supporting character also felt quite real and casual-tragic. Life is hard, mistakes are bloody, etc. You know the drill.

A delicious amount of Witcher lore is displayed in a few pages. Bruxia, drowners, grave-hags and more. Felt good, baby. All well-illustrated and written.

Mixed good and bad: made me want to play Witcher 3 so badly it felt like a physical hunger. Time to replay Witcher 2, I guess.

Honestly, I'd wait to buy the graphic novel or buy a few issues all at once. I'll be doing that.

You are wrong - there is a witcher series, its very good even if geralt is slightly different

We will be giving away some codes for the issue #1 on twitter today. Make sure to keep your eyes open:)

Hey Marcin, this is a bit off-topic but doesn't warrant a new thread.

Was there ever a "Reasons of State pt. 2"? If so, is it available in a physical copy?

Hey Marcin, this is a bit off-topic but doesn't warrant a new thread.

Was there ever a "Reasons of State pt. 2"? If so, is it available in a physical copy?

When it first came out in Poland I believe it came in two parts. The English version on GOG for example is both parts made into one.

When it first came out in Poland I believe it came in two parts. The English version on GOG for example is both parts made into one.

Hm, I own the physical part 1, if I remember right it was a Gamestop pre-order for W2. I think.

I'll go check it out now so I can finish that up, finally. But that does not help my inner hoarder.

Hm, I own the physical part 1, if I remember right it was a Gamestop pre-order for W2. I think.

I'll go check it out now so I can finish that up, finally. But that does not help my inner hoarder.

How many pages does it have?

Did not happen. Same as Phantom Menace. Highlander 2-rest.

Qui Gon Jinn DID happen, same with Darth Maul. Was there more than one Highlander movie?

Tripialos, 10 minutes for a comicbook nowadays is a very long read, most are about 3 at best, with half of it being ads. Personally I will wait for the compilation.

Top Bottom