The Witcher: House of Glass #1 of 5 Comic Book Released Today!

+
The last two comics from "Formerly" are best.

Last two pictures are taken from graphic novel "Racja stanu" (English: "Reasons of State"). If you have registred your TW2 on GOG.com, you can download free English version of that :)

@SMiki55: Yes, I have this comic, but I also like that comic above "Reasons of State". That one where Geralt fights against four bandits. It looks awesome, but I haven't seen it before. The scene where they fight looks really great and I like art of the comic.

@SMiki55: Yes, I have this comic, but I also like that comic above "Reasons of State". That one where Geralt fights against four bandits. It looks awesome, but I haven't seen it before. The scene where they fight looks really great and I like art of the comic.

(...) A new series covering the events of novel series was to be written by Maciej Parowski and illustrated originally by Przemysław Truściński (who also created concept art for The Witcher computer game), and later by Marek Oleksicki. This series was apparently canceled.
:(

By Przemysław Truściński:

This has been canceled unfortunately and will never see the light.

The Witcher House of Glass #2 of 5 Comic Book Released Today!

Issue #2 is out by the way. Will come back with my thought after I read it. :)

Update:

Weak... I still think the art is good, of course not on par with Reasons of State, but it has it's merits. But the story...
Sorry, is this a joke?
Geralt talking to his medallion as if it's a person?
Shouting "Aaard!" or "Igni!" when he casts signs?
"No women in your life, witcher?" "I'm a witcher, that's the life we lead". Because fuck Yennefer or Triss right? They don't exist.

And that's just to name a few, issue #2 is even weaker than #1, and that one wasn't that good to begin with.

Last edited:
Apparently Geralt yells the Signs' names when casting them now...

:facepalm:

And he seems perfectly fine with opening up to complete strangers.

Well yelling Signs can be out of character but it's not bad, easy to overlook.

But...
- Geralt talking to his medallion as if it's a person
- "No women in your life, witcher?" "I'm a witcher, that's the life we lead". Because fuck Yennefer or Triss right? They don't exist.
- ...opening up to complete strangers.

"No women in your life, witcher?" "I'm a witcher, that's the life we lead". Because fuck Yennefer or Triss right? They don't exist.
Well, we don't know the time-frame of the story, so this as well could be happening before Yennefer, Triss and every other woman Gearalt had relationship with.

Last edited:
I can only assume this is supposed to be about his noob days... atleast the women comment seems to indicate so.

Well, we don't know the time-frame of the story, so this as well could be happening before Yennefer, Triss and every other woman Gearalt had relationship with.

Ok, I can let that slide, if it's set in Geralt's early days. But since this is aimed at the American people that are not familiar with the series at all, why would you leave such details out? Especially since Triss, and quite possibly Yennefer, will be in the game.

The story is set before the books so he does not know Triss or Yen.

Well yelling Signs can be out of character but it's not bad, easy to overlook.

But...
- Geralt talking to his medallion as if it's a person
- "No women in your life, witcher?" "I'm a witcher, that's the life we lead". Because fuck Yennefer or Triss right? They don't exist.
- ...opening up to complete strangers.

Proudly ? If i drawed something like that and try to sell it , i wouldn`t come out from hole for eternity from embarassment. Seriously Joe and Paul, get yourselves together and do something about your work.

Very few number of peoples enjoyed that caricature lazyass artstyle in comic. Realy hope that guys will be changed after this cycle ends. Hows this View attachment 2941
can be better than that View attachment 2942
And not just that -many peoples was really dissapointed to see this ugly artstyle in the Witcher 2 flashbacks. Cruel, but its true. If the Witcher 3 will keep that ugly comic but not engine made trailers , for example as Dandelion mementos it will be disaster.

Attachments

• the_witcher_comic_book_series_house_of_glass_cover_art.jpg
    the_witcher_comic_book_series_house_of_glass_cover_art.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 80
  • the-witcher-2-interactive-comic-book-iphone-ipod-1334689881-003_m.jpg
    the-witcher-2-interactive-comic-book-iphone-ipod-1334689881-003_m.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 63
Very few number of peoples enjoyed that caricature lazyass artstyle in comic. Realy hope that guys will be changed after this cycle ends. Hows this View attachment 2941
can be better than that View attachment 2942
And not just that -many peoples was really dissapointed to see this ugly artstyle in the Witcher 2 flashbacks. Cruel, but its true. If the Witcher 3 will keep that ugly comic but not engine made trailers , for example as Dandelion mementos it will be disaster.

Well for me personally, it doesn't have to be the same art as reasons of state (It would be amazing if it was but unfortunately not.). And the art of the cover is quite nice IMHO, but the art in the comic it self is even less detailed that the cover and since TW2 is a product of great graphics and TW3 will be even better, how can the devs not want a great look for this comic? Again I like the art of the cover that Scratcherpen posted, but the rest of the comic not so much.

Top Bottom