Interviews and Articles on TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've learnt very well by now to just ignore these kind of statements. The "Big" thing they're working on could easily just be their Trailer or Footage for E3 or something.

I'll just impatiently wait for E3, I don't trust there to be anything before that.

Same here now. I guess It's actually kinda fooling yourself if you are expecting something new before E3. Will be waiting for E3 only nw :( :sad:

I completely understand, and I don't blame you. I remember when people got all hyped up over something and it turned out to be just a distribution deal.

But I'm somehow expecting this to be something bigger though, maybe I'm too optimistic. :)

I am expecting another sorry excuse of a trailer at E3 to be honest. I understand the need to follow a marketing plan that was carefully set out but it almost seems like TW3 is still years of with how few details are known and more importantly, revealed. I want to be hyped for E3 and yet I am losing faith in CD Projekt that makes promise upon promise and never shows anything to back it up as of yet. I suppose I am just very de-hyped.

I am expecting another sorry excuse of a trailer at E3 to be honest.

That woldn't be reasonable of CDPR. Remember, E3 is the last major event in USA before the release. And since it's a key market that they really want to get, there is just no way they won't show a generous chunk of gameplay. It just has to happen, else they lose potential profit there.

And yes, it seems it is a carefully prepared marketing campaign. Although it drives us mad, as a stable fanbase we're not the target here. Someone mentioned forum Q&A before - I think we could push that a little bit later on, what do you think guys?

Jupiter_on_Mars

That woldn't be reasonable of CDPR. Remember, E3 is the last major event in USA before the release. And since it's a key market that they really want to get, there is just no way they won't show a generous chunk of gameplay. It just has to happen, else they lose potential profit there.

And yes, it seems it is a carefully prepared marketing campaign. Although it drives us mad, as a stable fanbase we're not the target here. Someone mentioned forum Q&A before - I think we could push that a little bit later on, what do you think guys?

Proceed with caution.
As far as I remember there were some pretty dire consequences last time someone tried to get that ball rolling.
Perhaps @Kinl3y could lead the way and organize a forum Q&A as he's obviously the next in line for becoming a moderator.

Last edited:
I should have go to Wrocław after all huh?(I was thinking about it yesterday)... I would know what happened there at least.

Ok, guys, thanks to @delolen I have the news:
-there was presented a new concept art of sewers in Novigrad,
-there are also smaller regions to visit, not only the three previously mentioned,
-the world will be even bigger than it was calculated some time ago,
- Geralt can shave his beard, but it grows with time,
- there is a possibility of drinking the potions during fight, but they will be weaker than the ones drinked before the fight,
- the enemies will fight Geralt simultaneously,
- the equipment will be a combination of those from the Witcher 1 and 2.

Last edited:
I am expecting another sorry excuse of a trailer at E3 to be honest. I understand the need to follow a marketing plan that was carefully set out but it almost seems like TW3 is still years of with how few details are known and more importantly, revealed. I want to be hyped for E3 and yet I am losing faith in CD Projekt that makes promise upon promise and never shows anything to back it up as of yet. I suppose I am just very de-hyped.

Cheer up bunny...
Just because cdpr has not let you see all of it's goods yet, is no reason to lose faith my man.. ;)

Ok, guys I have the news:
-there was presented a new screen of sewers in Novigrad,
-there are also smaller regions to visit, not only the three previously mentioned,
- there is a possibility of drinking the potions during fight, but they will be weaker than the ones drinked before the fight,

Ok, awesome news except...drinking potions during a fight. Fucking seriously CDPR?? No. NONIONONONONONONONONONO!

edit - if they do this I hope you have to put up Quen first, like in TW1. The concern here is now we can not only activate effects during combat, but drink potions as well. This means we get two insta-cure methods to save our asses if we use poor tactics. I personally thought the way TW2 did it made combat stand out from other RPGs. Oh well...

Last edited:

At least the fans there got to see new screenshots. But yeah, the rest isn't really new (apart from real-time beard growing).

First of all, thank you for reporting this. Second of all, based on your previous posts I suppose you don't know the details, but I'll drop my questions anyway. Maybe you can ask the ones you got the information from? :)

Geralt can shave his beard, but it grows
You mean in (kinda) real time, so that if you wait for an in-game day his beard will have grown a little? Because that would be quite cool. Maybe even unprecedented? Hmmm.

there is a possibility of drinking the potions during fight, but they will be weaker than the ones drinked before fight
You mean that the same potions can be drunk before or during a fight, or that there are some potions which can only be drunk during meditation but are stronger, and other weaker, "emergency" ones you can drink anytime?

First of all, thank you for reporting this. Second of all, based on your previous posts I suppose you don't know the details, but I'll drop my questions anyway. Maybe you can ask the ones you got the information from? :)

You mean in (kinda) real time, so that if you wait for an in-game day his beard will have grown a little? Because that would be quite cool. Maybe even unprecedented? Hmmm.

You mean that the same potions can be drunk before or during a fight, or that there are some potions which can only be drunk during meditation but are stronger, and other weaker, "emergency" ones you can drink anytime?
From what I understood, both answers are"yes". I'm not sure, but I think that the same potions can be drunk before or during fights.

Cheer up bunny...
Just because cdpr has not let you see all of it's goods yet, is no reason to lose faith my man.. ;)

It is not only the lack of goodies though. TW3 tries to do a lot of things, that has become very clear and the mountain of promises without anything to back it up seems..worrying, it actually reminds me of Gothic 3.

Now that's some cool info. Thank you for that! :cheers:

Ok, guys I have the news.
-There are more smaller regions to visit, not only the three previously mentioned.
-the world will be bigger than it was calculated some time ago,
:victory: So maybe we can get to Oxenfurt or even visit the ruins of Thanedd? I sure must try not to raise my expectations...

Cool, but the question here is: Can I get my beard shaved by Triss? :hmm:

there is a possibility of drinking the potions during fight, but they will be weaker than the ones drinked before the fight[,
Would be the best option, especially when you're in long fights or you couldn't drink one before.

What does that mean? So we get multi-part armours (armour, shoes, trousers, gloves, capes), like in TW2, and an additional weapon, like in TW1?

Last edited:
From what I understood, both answers are"yes". I'm not sure, but I think that the same potions can be drunk before or during fights.

Aha, so they put it in the way some of us were arguing that they should a while back? Oh boy, I don't know if I should be glad or worried. :p

Thank you for the clarification, good man.

Jupiter_on_Mars

Thank you very much for bothering. Please extend my warm thanks to your source!

This all sounds good!
Save for the drinking potions part. Are you sure about this? Previously it was mentioned that Geralt could activate them mid combat. Now, drinking potions mid combat is a different matter altogether. I quite like the idea of weaker potions. But does combat come to a halt for Geralt to drink a potion? If so, how chivalresque!

Thank you very much for bothering. Please extend my warm thanks to your source!

This all sounds good!
Save for the drinking potions part. Are you sure about this? Previously it was mentioned that Geralt could activate them mid combat. Now, drinking potions mid combat is a different matter altogether. I quite like the idea of weaker potions. But does combat come to a halt for Geralt to drink a potion? If so, how chivalresque!

You really should to play the previous games, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom