Interviews and Articles on TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, in TW1 you can drink any potion mid-combat, but that leaves you open to attacks. The protective Quen sign, which was much more passive than in TW2, as the shield dissipated once you attacked, is what you needed in order to avoid that.

Jupiter_on_Mars

Anyway, in TW1 you can drink any potion mid-combat, but that leaves you open to attacks. The protective Quen sign, which was much more passive than in TW2, as the shield dissipated once you attacked, is what you needed in order to avoid that.

That I like.
But did Geralt actually stop to drink the concoction or was it just a matter of pressing a few buttons while everything went on as usual?

That I like.
But did Geralt actually stop to drink the concoction or was it just a matter of pressing a few buttons while everything went on as usual?

Geralt performs a drinking animation which cannot be interrupted by the player. To access the potion, you must either press the hotkey (if the potion is in your quickslots, the number of which was limited by the quality of your armour) or by pausing the game and accessing it from the Inventory screen.

That I like.

It was so unfeasible that I rarely did it. You literally had to cue up Quen, an expensive potion to brew, and drink while enemies attacked the shield. The game was designed so that preparation was what won battles and it was very gratifying to plan ahead and be victorious. Now it seems they're getting indecisive with combat mechanics and the game will play like every other traditional RPG - blunder into battle and use potions as band aids.

Last edited:

Jupiter_on_Mars

Geralt performs a drinking animation which cannot be interrupted by the player. To access the potion, you must either press the hotkey (if the potion is in your quickslots, the number of which was limited by the quality of your armour) or by pausing the game and accessing it from the Inventory screen.

Ssplendid!
In all honestly, imposing a top down arbitrary restriction to when Geralt can and cannot drink potions is a lesser solution.

Yes, Geralt had to stop to drink them but then he was vulnerable to hits.

Thanks..

Ok, guys, thanks to @delolen I have the news:
-there was presented a new concept art of sewers in Novigrad,
-there are also smaller regions to visit, not only the three previously mentioned,
-the world will be even bigger than it was calculated some time ago,
- Geralt can shave his beard, but it grows with time,
- there is a possibility of drinking the potions during fight, but they will be weaker than the ones drinked before the fight,
- the enemies will fight Geralt simultaneously,
- the equipment will be a combination of those from the Witcher 1 and 2.

You forgot to mention that there is more than 36 endings. They don't know how many because they lost count. :D

Cool, nothing really major. I'd be interested to see that Concept Art, but it's no big loss.

I still believe that the Potion system should have either been exactly as it was in TW2 or TW1, not this odd mish-mash of the two. But I won't knock it till I've seen it in action.

Real-Time Hair Growth? Technology: The Game.

@JupiteronMars Personally, I think the way they handled it in TW2 gave the potion system more character and made it feel unique. The issue was that you either couldn't really investigate what you were about to fight, or the time it took you to get from the last place you could drink a potion to the actual fight you were preparing for was too long, wasting the potion effects.

What they had planned initially for TW3 - drinking potions prior to battle like in TW2, but activating them only when you've reached that battle so that the effect isn't wasted - was a nice compromise, the biggest issue being the contrived explanaton, not so much the mechanics behind it. Since there's an investigation part added to monster fights, that shouldn't be an issue either. They probably have a good reason for changing their approach though.

You forgot to mention that there is more than 36 endings. They don't know how many because they lost count. :D
I didn't find it interesting because I know what it is about. Its like you treat all actions during the game as a separate branch of ending and I dont buy it:)

The most interesting aspect is growth of the beard. It is so awesome and unique!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom