The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
Motion blur is okay when done properly and not added as a cheap post process filter... the problem is 99.99% times it's applied as a cheap post process filter so the first thing I do in any game is turn that off.... one of the few games to implement it correctly would be Crysis.

I never even noticed motion blur in TW2 EE 360 game.
Do you have a video so I can get a better idea of what your talking about please?
Hmm, can't think of a single 'modern' console game that doesn't have a lot of motion blur.

Last edited:
Are you guys talking about his swords being fiery signifying that he's swinging his sword incredibly fast? Never looked bad to me.

Didn't bother me either, you do need a visual cue to distinguish between the blows and I don't think it was that intrusive or out of place to be honest.

Rolling limited to stamina/vigor in some way. Keep the rolling, but make it tire Geralt, so you can't spam it all around a battle. Also, varied rolling animations. The pirouette is probably the thing I like most about the FCR, to the point that if I could just transfer it to the original system, I probably wouldn't even use FCR. Even in TW1 I enjoyed how Geralt moved differently depending on the direction of your dodge.

Different animations goes for "blocking" as well, rather than seeing the sword always held in the same way when you block, like in most (all?) games. I imagine it could be really cool if say you're being pushed back by three opponents, and you prefer to block instead of roll, then Geralt's sword would flash all around the place to parry the attacks, rather than just remain static in that overhead angle.

Also, TW1 allowed you to escape being surrounded by "rolling/jumping" above someone. I like that. It can still be flashy, without making you jump two meters in the air. Say, bending an opponent forward to step onto his back and off it.

[This message is brought to you by a frustrated player who was just murdered by a swarm of harpies who pushed him back against a wall.]

@fracturedearthTotally agree!! Those little orange/blue trails really bugged the hell out of me.Can't even imagine why they would add something like that.
Ohh.. well, we must be the only two who have seen it done better.
Most of the others on here don't even have a clue as to how badass the sword motion blur looked in Dragon's Dogma.
Anywho...
We have seen the best (so far) and we want nothing less!!! .

Last edited:
Most of the others on here don't even have a clue as to how badass the sword motion blur looked in Dragon's Dogma.
Anywho...
We have seen the best and we want nothing less!!! .
:rly?:
Motion blur? You were talking about the fiery trail earlier and now suddenly it's motion blur.

:rly?:
Motion blur? You were talking about the fiery trail earlier and now suddenly it's motion blur.
Sorry, you have 2 things going on when I already moved on to the next. Let me clear the air,
#1 Yes, I now notice the motion blur camera in TW2 EE 360 game, and yes it was not great.
#2 We are now talking about having badass motion blur effects on Geralt's sword swings.
We want it to be close to the style of Dragon's Dogma.
We don't want the stupid glowing sharp line effects that we saw in TW2.
All we want is some cool looking motion blur, no less & no more as simple as that;)

Last edited:
And what exactly do you mean by "cool"? More convoluted nonsense or less?
In TW2 it was just fine and it was only present when you used the heavy attack, it served as a nice visual cue without it being over the top.

Last edited:
And what exactly do you mean by "cool"? More convoluted nonsense or less?
In TW2 it was just fine and it was only present when you used the heavy attack, it served as a nice visual cue without it being over the top.
Cool as in more blur like Dragon's Dogma's basic sword attacks. Have you ever played that game yet? If not, try it out some time. I bet it's cheap by now, and you will understand first hand what the Cool is all about my friend;)

More(most) importantly, it was a homeage to the first Witcher game's combo sign.
That is neat and all but some things should really just stay in the past.
Just saying;)

Last edited by a moderator:
HaHa Serious, you can't see it unless you play it. Oh well.. Sorry I tried :(

I've played DD, and I prefer the blur effects and sword effects in TW2. Keep in mind I'm playing on PC and I believe you're playing on console. Visuals aren't going to be the same. I do wish DD would come to PC, looks like a fun romp.

First thing I do when I start a game is to go to options and turn off Motion Blur and Depth of Field.
I just don't find it logical to reduce my FPS, and in return get blurry image keeping me from enjoying the beauty and detail of the game. The 360 version has no DOF, but the PC version has the DOF turned on.

The 360 version does have DoF, but they changed it a bit, the game wasn't a direct port naturally, they changed a few things around and one of them is the DoF in scenes like that.

The PC version has Bokeh DOF and the 360 version has Gaussian.

Top Bottom