The Perfect Yennefer

+
Despite all good will and efforts of artists shown in this thread, I personally think , that Yennefer shown in a recent W3 trailer is the most accurate.

It`s all about the eyes - Yennefer should have a serious, even stern look, focused and intelligent as well. As anyone who has read the books knows, her eyes are also her way of expressing emotions in most of the time, as she always keeps her cool appearence and dignity. Apart from the eyes.

There`s too much "Granny Yenna" here :p

As for actresses most resembling Yen...well, modern standards limit my search for proper images, as everyone is smiling. Not a usual form of Yennefer`s expression.

I suppose Kate Beckinsale would be the best choice. As here:

or maybe someone not well known, like here:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that's right: Yennefer's not even the most beautiful sorceress. Francesca Findabair's said to be the world's most beautiful woman. And Margarita Laux-Antille made Ciri do a double-take when she saw her, "Even marble statues of goddesses and nymphs would have blushed at the sight of Margarita Laux-Antille undressed." [Time of Contempt]

This absolutely. The femme fatale concept doesn't necessarly coincides with gorgeousness at highest level. Yennefer is seductive, cunning, even cruel and mysterious all in one. Her beauty dwells in this.

I think at least.

This absolutely. The femme fatale concept doesn't necessarly coincides with gorgeousness at highest level. Yennefer is seductive, cunning, even cruel and mysterious all in one. Her beauty dwells in this.
I think at least.

I completely agree with you, my friends.
And how could I not, after @Guy N'wah played the Ciri card ?

But while all this is true, we also shouldn't forget that beauty is relative.
To many the most beautiful woman might be Francesca Findabair, while to Geralt it's probably Yennefer.

Like Second said: Yennefer's beauty dwells in other aspects than only her appearance.
And just because its not as obvious to the common people as exterior beauty (-> Francesca's beauty),
it doesn't mean that isn't there and that Yennefer isn't beautiful in her own way~

@fechtschwert

En garde~ ! ...sehr geiler Benutzername~

I think at least.

I agree its so much more than looks, but its hard to portray that kinda presence in just a one picture. Mata Hari and Cleopatra were seductive, but not necessarily beautiful. It remains to be seen how she is portrayed to get the full picture of her allure.

Yep, Yennefer's face looks a bit too soft, too common.
I do like your version better, it emits more character and comes close to JustAnor's rendition~

That entirely depends on her mood.
Standing next to Geralt and Triss, this is her natural reaction~

Yes. I don't worry about her face in this scene... maybe she has not recovered yet her memories and Triss and Geralt just have rescued her at this moment.... I mean, we don't know the real context and after all, Yenn is a human being with all the emotions within her. She can feel surprised, confused, lost..... Why? The answer in the next TW3 !

Last edited:
From left to right: Trisstan, Geraldine, Yennefernando.
They are sailing to the kingdom of Transvestitia to take part in a song contest~

For a moment there I thought you came up with something even more extravagant that your latest concoction. Have a red point nonetheless :p

Nah...
As much fun as it is to draw beards on women: I rather do something else.

Can't wait for that next Ciri fan art.

On topic: So.. the perfect Yennefer.

Since she is already in the game, I can't complain. I know she is going to be perfect, because.. well.. she's Yennefer.
But I don't think we have spent enough time discussing her character and how we think it should be portrayed.
So, what aspects of Yennefer's character should, in your guys opinions, be paid special attention to, by CDPR?

I'm sure the storyline is already done, but it's always fun to discuss characters. I think.

I am not feeling her design, at first when I saw the trailer I did not even register that other person on the left. I though that it was a new character, a mage friend of Triss or something.

I was really surprise when people start saying that it was Yen. I would expect a lot less soft features and a more predatory glare.

Off topic: Good grief look at that neck. I bet he could bring down trees with that behemoth.

The pic is definitely posted somewhere in the forums, maybe in the characters appearance thread.
In my humble opinion, I do not really like Yennefer being portrayed with a really edgy face and so on. I imagined her with a strict yet somewhat sweet face. CDPR for me was spot on, on the eye part. It just needs some zooming in to realize it.

Off topic: Good grief look at that neck. I bet he could bring down trees with that behemoth.

I'm sure it has it's purposes, and bringing down trees is just one of them :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the rest of your comment: Well, i dunno about other threads, i was thinking about this one :p And yes, i see your point, but I will reserve my judgment until we see more of her from CDPR's sources, until then I find the Yen from the trailer a BIT too sweet. (Although I agree that the one from my pic is kinda TOO scary :D But I think it's a closer presentation of the Yen I imagined while reading the first encounter with her in the book)

Top Bottom