Reverand and Mikul have vanished

+
Reverand and Mikul have vanished

Does anyone know of any stipulation needed to get the Reverend to appear?I've checked around town, his house (upstairs and downstairs), the churchyard. I've meditated many times, checked and re-checked, allowed days to go by before checking day and night again. I've tracked quests leading to him and followed them to his house...he's never there.Now I've done all I can. Every quest I have leads to him now, but he simply appears to be NOT IN THE GAME. I'd love to hear from a dev on this, or anyone that might know whether this is a known issue, and hence addressed in a patch (very, I hope) soon. Thanks.

I posted under quests, but I thought I'd add it here too.I can't find the reverend anywhere, day or night, chapel or home or around town, at all. I've meditated over and over, checking in, let days pass, track quests to his door...nothing.I hope someone knows a way to trigger his appearance, or if this will be addressed in a patch soon.

Wow, no one has this problem, or knows how to circumvent it?Any advice would be very appreciated, as my game is at an absolute standstill atm...

Yet another missing NPC bug. It's no wonder why they make it that the game autosaves way too many times ;)

SO, what? I'd have to go back to a saved game before what...? Act 1? My first entry into the Reverend's house? That would suck. And such a pivotal character...so many of my quests pertain to the Reverend.Any other suggestions on making him appear? I saw that others had this problem, but they don't seem to be complaining now, so perhaps they found a way? Or maybe just decided to play Hellgate: London until this game is fixed. Might be what I resort to.Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

I had the same problem, had to restart from my last save before Act I. He was very easy to find then until later, after completing a few quests, he went missing AGAIN!It's a disgrace that these scum always get away with publishing unfinished games.I like your idea re Hellgate: London, I'm downloading the demo right now (Fingers crossed THIS will work).

Hm. Last night I read while I camped his house the entire night and the churchyard the entire day, still nothing. I'm guessing only a patch (soon, I DID pay for this game) will fix this. As for starting fresh and hoping he won't disappear on me again...no thanks.

I had no problems finding the reverend... He's in the churchyard during the day or in his bed at night.. pretty much like normal people.I also have had no problems finding any other NPC's...I wonder what's wrong with your computer?Javaslinger

Yeah, so do I.I'm thinking nothing.Others have had this problem too, but so far the only remedy I've heard to circumvent it is restart and hope he's there next game, though some people said he disappears at random after they've already met him. I've never experienced (let alone, heard of) a game missing such a pivotal npc. I'm guessing npc sability will be addressed in the next patch, but wow, I hope that is soon.

I got the same issue. I've got couple of quests to turn in but he's not showing up anywhere. Not in house or outside. Can't enter the chapel as its locked. Honestly I have no heart to restart so I'm waiting for a patch to see if it fixes anything (then I'll restart) or maybe some command that lets your respawn an NPC or something.

dethzero said:
I got the same issue. I've got couple of quests to turn in but he's not showing up anywhere. Not in house or outside. Can't enter the chapel as its locked. Honestly I have no heart to restart so I'm waiting for a patch to see if it fixes anything (then I'll restart) or maybe some command that lets your respawn an NPC or something.
Seek the answer →HERE← my friend.... its a problem regarding "tages" protection (A third party company commissioned to do the copy protection, they screwed up, so please don't blame Projekt RED)

That sucks. I've never had issues like that with Tages. Spellforce 2 used that cp and no npc's decided to disappear =[

dethzero said:
That sucks. I've never had issues like that with Tages. Spellforce 2 used that cp and no npc's decided to disappear =[
MMmm, I guess they possably have a diferent Tages engine for The Witcher, or possably a different way that it works.

It depents on what stage of the game your at. As I recall the reverend should be either at his house or outside the chapel. If he's not there then there is one alternative place he could have gone if events have gotten that far, and that is the cave which if I recall correctly is near the witches house. I'd make sure to save the game before heading there though because speaking to him at that point may set events in motion which can not be stopped.If he's not at the cave then your probably bugged. Sorry about your misfortune.

i have the same problem. I cant find him anywhere. When i load ealier savegames hes where he should be (inside his home at night or around the chapel during the day) I cant move further with the story cause the only two quests i have left require me to talk with him.

I think this question should be in the "story & quests" sub-forum. That is where all spoilers go, it seems.If you are almost done with all quests in the Outskirts, go have a look in the Salamandra hut.Inside there is a "shutter" (can't remember the english word). Leading down to a cave.Go check out the cave(s) below.Hope this helps.

Spoiler: Nope it wasnt that. after a few frustrating hours i found out what caused reverend disaapear from the game for me. it seems whenever i pick up one quest(i dont know the english name, its the one where you need to find a body in the cave and provide a proper burial for some merchant in the inn) the reverend disappears. so i just reloaded an old savegame, i skiped that quest and i replayed half of the act 1 again and it was all fine. Its still annoying though and should be fixed.

I had the same problem with a legit copy of the game (from a video/game rental shop, that's what I always do before buying a game whenever there's the opportunity...). I just reloaded a save I made after the problem occured and the reverend popped up in front of his church. Good luck!dsan1

LordLethris said:
LordLethris said:
MMmm, I guess they possably have a diferent Tages engine for The Witcher, or possably a different way that it works.
I have no Idea why I said that.... It is a TAGES issue and the way TAGES is setup in "the Witcher" is that it does make an NPC dissapear.Here are some quotes from some DEVS about other NPC's dissapearing.
LordLethris said:
In fact, both Reverend and Mikul cases are examples of copy protection system in the game (actually, in act I). Tages encounters some issues with certain dvd-drives, such as crashes, famous "insert the original disk" cases and faulty in-game protections. We will do our best to inform Tages about this, but everything else lies in their hands...Btw, sending us your dxdiag file with a dvd drive mentioned will help us a lot.

Top Bottom