Interviews and Articles on TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah I mean, TW3 looks amazing, but its no The Order 1886 or that new Uncharted 4 video, and I dont think we want or expected that at all anyway.

And thats to be expected I think, Order 1886 is corridor shooter, these games will always look better (from technical point of view) because they have spare power so characters and "corridor" can be more detailed with sharper textures etc. (but god that gameplay footage looked boring as fuck).
And that Uncharted 4 video was gameplay? I thought that was pre-rendered trailer :wat:

Order 1886 might be looking great, but everything I heart about it seemed like it's a boring Call of Duty in a steampunk universe. One guy actually said: "I don't know if I'd be enjoying playing this game instead of just ... watching it, you know."

Uncharted 4 looks like a prime candidate for further downgrading, especially since there was a lot of "we're TARGETING this graphics at 1080p60fps on PS4". Anyway, I think the Witcher graphis are more than enough to help instead of hinder immersion in the world, which is the important part for me. I don't have to be able to claim that I'm playing "the best looking game in the world".

And thats to be expected I think, Order 1886 is corridor shooter, these games will always look better (from technical point of view) because they have spare power so characters and "corridor" can be more detailed with sharper textures etc. (but god that gameplay footage looked boring as fuck).
And that Uncharted 4 video was gameplay? I thought that was pre-rendered trailer
Uncharted was "in-engine" not gameplay. But that character model was really impressive none the less, just that "in-engine" doesn't mean anything for actual gameplay. That game called Deep Down's first video was in-engine too and you can see what the game actually looks like.
Also did somebody say Order 'gameplay'? Since when?

Not but seriously corridor shooter and open-world will never look the same due to obvious reasons, it's a designated path and you can tweak everything the player will see through the game, the problem is when people use that as an excuse to defend terrible looking games which clearly could have looked better (recent ex - lowpoly_dogs).

Jupiter_on_Mars

Uncharted 4 Trailer runs in-engine, in-game, in realtime on a single PS4 at 1080p60

As for me, I want to play the best looking TW3 game possible. At this stage I'm pleased. CDProjekt has even said it will look better at launch. They've nailed the outdoor lighting. So If interior lighting proves to be great, a small number of tweaks in the animation department will take the The Witcher 3 where it needs to be to become the new standard for this gen AAA RPGs.

Last edited:
As for me, I want to play the best looking TW3 game possible. At this stage I'm pleased. CDProjekt has even said it will look better at launch. They've nailed the outdoor lighting. So If interior lighting proves to be great, a small number of tweaks in the animation department will take the game where it needs to be to become the new standard for next gen AAA RPGs.

Call me skeptical but I'm not going to believe that until we see some actually game-play footage. That is just too much of an upgrade compared to other PS4 console games shown. I'm sure it in-engine because CGI looks different, but I'm not going to believe this is how the actual game will look like on PS4.

That game called Deep Down's first video was in-engine too and you can see what the game actually looks like.

OOh I remember that one :D I love have they added UI to that first video just to convince people that it is gameplay footage.. lies everywhere. :D

Yup, although in the E3 thread, not here, I think.
And as far as I'm concerned, she wins the prize as the worst interviewer yet.

GTFO :p you cant be seeerious. At least she knows about the stuff. There are dozens of "journalists" that I saw are ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS about this game and ask the same moronic generic quesions from last year...

GTFO :p you cant be seeerious. At least she knows about the stuff. There are dozens of "journalists" that I saw are ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS about this game and ask the same moronic generic quesions from last year...

GOT references.

OK: I take that back, it got better after the first half.

Last edited:

Jupiter_on_Mars

The crossbow is upgradable and used in underwater combat.
Smashing.

[video=youtube;-OQF6P4Ed94]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OQF6P4Ed94[/video]

In French. Probably Game of show for this guy.

Last edited:
The crossbow is upgradable and used in underwater combat.
Smashing.

Using crossbow underwater

It would be as effective as throwing rocks.

Upgradable to spear/harpoon gun?
Yeah, but he talked about the crossbow - if there is a special harpoon thingy - separate - okay.
I still don't like underwater combat - it's never fun in any game. One idea: Just use Igni sign to scare away any dangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom