Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quoting and endorsing this post, because it is important to understand. Expensive motherboards are almost always a waste of money. Sometimes they are a waste of a lot of money. Buying a motherboard endorsed by Fatal1ty who has whored his good name, or with a silly moniker like Maximus or Sabertooth, is a smaller waste of money than buying a Dell labeled Alienware, but it is the same waste nonetheless.

One question; what if I can find a Maximus for the same price as the Z97-Pro?

I get that many of these boards have jacked up prices and all, but are they actually any good, price aside? (which is why I mentioned being able to get a Maximus 7 for the price of a Z97-Pro).

I would make the sidenote to always look at the soundchip that is on the motherboard. It can make a fairly big difference on the quality of sound/music that you can get without purchasing an additional soundcard.
is the new Realtek ALC1150 115dB SNR HD Audio any good on the Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H?

How you can compare ALC 1150 to Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music (OEM Platinium) or Xonar DX? You test them maybe?

The 1150 is a quality chip but a good sound card is better because it is solely made for sound. That said, the difference between the two is not very large and the soundcard does cost an additional purchase. For me it is not worth it and I would only suggest doing so if you really want the best sound you can get.

The 1150 is a quality chip but a good sound card is better because it is solely made for sound. That said, the difference between the two is not very large and the soundcard does cost an additional purchase. For me it is not worth it and I would only suggest doing so if you really want the best sound you can get.
I have Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music, on Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H (have one PCI), and maybe change motherboard to ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Hero (havent PCI), so why i ask.
Asus have Supreme FX 2014

Hello everyone!

Due to my lifestyle I use laptop a lot and because I travel between cities it's the only affordable way to have a decent workstation and do not have problems to take it with you. So right now I have pretty old rig of mine which was barely capable of running TW II on some min config. I prepare for new rig and I feel like its about right time to do it this summer. I'm not a casual gamer and do not have a great knowledge of hardware.

So my question is what do you guys think I should invest in concerning a laptops if I want to play TW III on max config in early 2015?

I am prepared for your suggestions :)

So my question is what do you guys think I should invest in concerning a laptops if I want to play TW III on max config in early 2015?

Wouh... on Laptop..... well a for good GAMING LAPTOP.... you have to put at last 1500€ in the line so far... something around that

But i can t say how the market is influenced in the next few months by the (maybe) release of the new graphic card generation.
Still i strongly assume less than a 1500€ Laptop won t be able to get you on ULTRA with TW3

To be a bit more specific look for a laptop that have the following CPU/GPU specs (just a guess because TW3 System Specs aren t out)

Core I7 4470 for the CPU or equivalent
GTX 780ti (M) for the GPU or equivalent
at last 8GB RAM DDR3

Hope that helps a bit for a look around and get you a laptop that would be able to play TW3 at Ultra Settings
But remember this is just a shoot in the dark, because we ain t have any System Requirements yet.

Last edited:
One question; what if I can find a Maximus for the same price as the Z97-Pro?

I get that many of these boards have jacked up prices and all, but are they actually any good, price aside? (which is why I mentioned being able to get a Maximus 7 for the price of a Z97-Pro).

No; Z97 Pro is still the better board. Better circuits, such as its 12-phase power.

No, nor is it likely to be accurate. @toadguy - they have no basis for the specs they gave. The requirements haven't been released yet.

Well, think of it. B4 runs on much less powerful machines. I am just wondering if they will allow us to lower the texture details, because a HD 8470 doesn't have a lot of texture mapping cores.

The requirements for COD: Ghost is way too high. It says I need a graphical card that is 3 times more powerful and I run it with decent frame rates on 1080.

Comparing this game to others is dangerous, because CDPR has their own engine and their own approach to graphics and optimization.

In TW2, the output stage, not the texture mapping units, was limiting. We don't know whether the same is true here. But an 8470 is also deficient in the output stage (4 ROPs) and any success with TW3 would surprise me.

Can a ATI R9 280x handle TW 3 well (like, playing on medium settings with stable FPS, lets say 30 fps)? What about a Crossfire with them, is it worth?

I
As for TW3, we'll have to wait, but I imagine the actual requirements are going to end up being a lot more relaxed than some people might expect them to be. My personal prediction is that if your machine could handle TW2 on ultra (no ubersampling), it should be able to run TW3 on med/high at 40-60 FPS and whichever resolution you were using for TW2.
That's the thing i don't care if i can run it on med/high that's a no brainer. The problem is running it at Ultra. Anyone can play TW3 if they want. Put lower setting on them. Crysis 3 is the most demanding game i have ever had on my PC. And i'm worried that TW3 may be a little more powerful than Crysis 3.

I'm actually happy that they delayed it. PC partS will be cheaper till then and i can make a quality upgrade and buy the parts i need when they officially announce them. Plus it will be a better game.

I'm actually happy that they delayed it. PC partS will be cheaper till then and i can make a quality upgrade and buy the parts i need when they officially announce them. Plus it will be a better game.

In some ways yes, 2014 seems like a true transition year to better hardware and also full production of next gen games. 2014 is the year of delays but that is for a good reason.

Hello guys!
I have a fairly decent PC, but with a really heartbreaking issue - integrated graphics card (Intel HD4000).

My current specs:
Intel i5 3570k
Asrock Z77 Pro3
Corsair DDR3 3x4096MB 1333MHz CL9.0 RAM
XFX Core 550W
WD Velociraptor WD6000HLHX 600GB
LCD BenQ 27" LED GW2750HM (1080p)

The point is, which GPU should i buy to be good with next-gen games, especially The Witcher 3? I'm not aiming for GTX780Ti or something in that price range. To be honest, I thought about getting R9 270, because it's cheap, cool and has a reasonable power consumption. The thing is, although I really like this card from the tests and opinions I've seen, I'm sure it won't handle future games the way I would like. For your information - I'm not a graphics wh...., but it's always a nice addition to see some nice visuals.

So...which GPU would you recommend? :)

Last edited:
Hello guys!
I have a fairly decent PC, but with a really heartbreaking issue - integrated graphics card (Intel HD4000).

My current specs:
Intel i5 3570k
Asrock Z77 Pro3
Corsair DDR3 3x4096MB 1333MHz CL9.0 RAM
XFX Core 550W
WD Velociraptor WD6000HLHX 600GB
LCD BenQ 27" LED GW2750HM (1080p)

The point is, which GPU should i buy to be good with next-gen games, especially The Witcher 3? I'm not aiming for GTX780Ti or something in that price range. To be honest, I thought about getting R9 270, because it's cheap, cool and has a reasonable power consumption. The thing is, although I really like this card from the tests and opinions I've seen, I'm sure it won't handle future games the way I would like. For your information - I'm not a graphics wh...., but it's always a nice addition to see some nice visuals.

So...which GPU would you recommend? :)

GTX 770 or GTX 680 (ASUS DC II/ Msi Lighting) and overlock it :) GTX 680 can be more powerfull than GTX 770 :)

Do you guys think the 7970 and the 7990 will have a price drop on December of this year. If so how much?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom